Xbmc and the xbox.
i had an xbox about two years ago, fully modded, extra hdd evox and xbmc installed.  i was impressed at the time but to be fair i really didn't get enough use out of it so i sold it on.

i then bought a 42" plasma and a shuttle pc for playing back divx files, browsing the internet playing my music etc.  it all worked great if slightly cumbersome at times.

a friend of mine then told me it was then possible to stream media from a pc (or a server such as the one i have) straight to the xbox.  i managed to pick one up cheapish and installed an x3 mod on it.  i installed xbmc and after a lot of playing about (i'm by no means an expert on fiddling with the xml file) i managed to get my xbmc to default to certain directories and boot straight to the xbmc as a dash.

anyway i'm still having a few minor niggles but i just  want to say this.

anyone who ever thinks that they need a pc to do the things i wanted to do, don't.  the xbox and the xmbc have blown me away, it is quite possible the best thing i have bought in the past few years (and i buy a lot of gadgets!!!Wink it playes anything i have chucked at it, and whilst i havent got the web radio and movie trailers working i still cannot belive just how good it is.  also since i bought the s-video and digital out cable for my xbox the quality of picture and sound has improved ten fold !!!

i would just like to thank all involved in it, you have made my front room considerably less cluttered and far easier than i ever imagined.

thank you.

:bowdown:
get high def video pack, and it will be even better.
better

really

where do i get that from Huh
there exists some 3rd party products, but i think you should go for the official one (developed my ms). its called "high definition av pack" and can be bought on several web shops:

lik-sang
amazon

(official info from ms can be found here)

note that you need to use ntsc on the xbox to enable the hd pack output..
ahhh now i see it.

i already have used my rgb inputs on my plasma for my digital cable package.

i love the improvemement with svideo though

it's really something Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc and the xbox.0