Surround sound help mp3 to ac3???????
Smile 
This is my first post so please be gentleBig Grin

I have recently come back to xbmc since the launch of dhrama stable release. First off well done!!!

I was previously using media browser in wmc with ffdshow handling audio, most of my files are avi with mp3 audio, and ffdshow managed to upmix this to my sony av receiver as Dolby digital 3/2.1 with the blue light on. I appreciated this is not really DD sound but it was fairly good.

My issue is I'm try to get the same or similar result in xbmc however no matter what settings I try in xbmc all I get on my reciever is PCM 48. My av reciever can do it's dolby pro logic 2 thing but the sound is no where near as good an the sub is barley audible.

In xbmc audio setting I have hdmi set as output, boost on down mix, ac3 reciever and dts reciever all tickedHuh? Is this rightHuh?

Am I missing something or is this the best I'm gonna get ? I have looked round the forum and couldnt find anything that specifically related to my setup or problem

Thanx in advance for your help

My system connected via hdmi to av reciever then to tv

Windows 7 ultimate

CPU E2200
Motherboard Asrock G43
Graphics card Sapphire 5770 vapour X
RAM 4GB
Av reciever Sony str 910
Ok first post and just notice I may have put this in the wrong section of the forum doh!!!!!!!

I have no clue on how to move it so feel free if it's in the wrong section

Sorry

From your new very silly nooob !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surround sound help mp3 to ac3???????0