Trailers MP4 vs FLV
I use Ember Media Manager to download info for all of my movies. It's pulling trailers from youtube. For space conservation, I like to get standard quality but which format is better MP4 or FLV for playback.
What exactly is your question? There is no difference in playback. XBMC will play either just fine.

Typically quality is the difference between flv and mp4.
Many times trailers stutter on my system, where as full movies do not, even 1080P. What I'm asking is which takes more processing power? Also, I'm using an Acer Revo 1600 with 2 gig of ram, Windows XP. It's been this way since I've gotten the system and I've noticed it on other systems as well.
i think youl find that youll find that the trailers are being streamed from a remote server. it is not your processing power but more than likely either your bandwidth or the remote servers bandwidth.

for best results use the trailers that have lower size. sometimes it helps to pause the trailer for a few seconds before playing (it gives it a chance to buffer)

trust me when i say its not your processor. i have a Quad core i7 with 12gb ram and mine sometime stutters on trailers
thanks Mistygeek. Mine are downloaded and coming through my NAS same as the movies. It could well be that now that I think about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers MP4 vs FLV0