Help with regex to scrape Looney Tunes with Ember
Question 
I've been trying for a while to get my Looney Tunes and other difficult shows into my XBMC library. I believe that modifying regex in Ember will help me out greatly, but I can't seem to figure it out.

My Looney Tunes folders look like this:
\Looney Tunes\year\(some random number that isn't the episode number) - episode title.avi

E:\Television\Warner Bros\1951\020351DVD Canned Feud LT BR.avi
And some other folders for specials.
I see most of the episodes properly compared to the tvdb list, but cannot get it to recognize it.

Another similarly problematic show is my Three stooges collection, which seems to be labelled well, but ember fails to scrape it.
E:\Television\Three Stooges\Three Stooges - 006 - 1935 - Restless Knights.avi

There are also some Specials folders in there aswell.

Can anyone shine some light on how to get this to work out for me? I would be greatly appreciative Big Grin
You might find something help at this thread
vandal138 Wrote:I've been trying for a while to get my Looney Tunes and other difficult shows into my XBMC library. I believe that modifying regex in Ember will help me out greatly, but I can't seem to figure it out.

My Looney Tunes folders look like this:
\Looney Tunes\year\(some random number that isn't the episode number) - episode title.avi

E:\Television\Warner Bros\1951\020351DVD Canned Feud LT BR.avi
And some other folders for specials.
I see most of the episodes properly compared to the tvdb list, but cannot get it to recognize it.

Another similarly problematic show is my Three stooges collection, which seems to be labelled well, but ember fails to scrape it.
E:\Television\Three Stooges\Three Stooges - 006 - 1935 - Restless Knights.avi

There are also some Specials folders in there aswell.

Can anyone shine some light on how to get this to work out for me? I would be greatly appreciative Big Grin

I really don't think that you will get XBMC to recognize these show until you name them properly. The issue I see is this Sadsome random number that isn't the episode number)

You need to have the episode numbers match Thetvdb exactly. What you have, just won't work.

Now rereading your post, I take it you are trying to bypass using Thetvdb altogether? If that is the case, then just disregard this post.

Mark
XBMC will scrape the Looney Tunes just fine if it is in a folder structure like this using your episode as an example

Tv (what ever your source folder name is)
---------------Looney Tunes
-------------------------Season 1951
-----------------------------------Looney Tunes s1951e03.avi

Might be other ways, but this worked just fine.
mwkurt Wrote:I really don't think that you will get XBMC to recognize these show until you name them properly. The issue I see is this Sadsome random number that isn't the episode number)

You need to have the episode numbers match Thetvdb exactly. What you have, just won't work.

Now rereading your post, I take it you are trying to bypass using Thetvdb altogether? If that is the case, then just disregard this post.

Mark

Renaming ALL of them is what I've been trying to avoid since it seems like it would be along manual task for both Looney Tunes and the Three Stooges.
I would like to have them all scraped, but if this isn't possible I would like to at least be able to have them show up in my XMBC TV library.
As far as I know, shows that cannot be scraped will not show up in my library? or would there be a way I can set certain unscrapeable folders to appear in my library?

Ultimately I would like to be able to browse the looney tunes by year from within my library and also have them populate some of my PseudoTV channels.

Thanks for all your great inputs too, this is a great help into leading me towards my final goal.
vandal138 Wrote:Renaming ALL of them is what I've been trying to avoid since it seems like it would be along manual task for both Looney Tunes and the Three Stooges.
I would like to have them all scraped, but if this isn't possible I would like to at least be able to have them show up in my XBMC TV library.
As far as I know, shows that cannot be scraped will not show up in my library? or would there be a way I can set certain unscrapeable folders to appear in my library?

Ultimately I would like to be able to browse the looney tunes by year from within my library and also have them populate some of my PseudoTV channels.

Thanks for all your great inputs too, this is a great help into leading me towards my final goal.
Google a tool named Rename Master a great tool for Mass renaming. I use it to add entire shows, and then scrape them.

FYI: Please Post Problems With Ember Media Manager Within It's Own Thread.
thanks isamu.dragon, I will check that out when I head home tonight.
I didn't post this under ember's thread though because it thought it to be more of a general renaming / scraping / library issue than just one isolated to ember itself.
vandal138 Wrote:thanks isamu.dragon, I will check that out when I head home tonight.
I didn't post this under ember's thread though because it thought it to be more of a general renaming / scraping / library issue than just one isolated to ember itself.

It is a renaming issue. Rename and then scraping/ library issues will go away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with regex to scrape Looney Tunes with Ember0