• 4(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
tuscani Wrote:Sounds like a settings issue, is this a fresh install? if not, rename the advancedsettings.xml, settings.xml and ember.emm.

It is actually a fresh install of EMM on a new hard drive. It's odd because of course all the NFO, image files, etc. are in the folders with the movies yet are not being recognized.

The TV shows were recognized and all related media shows up fine.

When you say rename those files, is that so that Ember is forced to recreate them or something?
I did try removing and re-adding the movies directory but that didn't help.

tks
PBoD Wrote:Are you trying to get EMM to read the info from your existing .nfo files? Or are you trying to get EMM to scrape new info for your .nfo files?

In any case, you need to check "Scrape Full Cast" under the movies scraper settings to get the (unaltered) IMDB scraper to work.

Thanks, I have checked the "Scrape full cast", that was something I had to enable to get my previous version to scrape properly from IMDB.

I am trying to get EMM to read the info from the existing NFO files. They are there and haven't changed.
Hi ..

Try to use this new branch of EMM (thanks tuscani for this) but...

When i extract the file and try to run the app i get the this error..

"SQLite error...no such table sources "
and then if i hit OK some other sql errors when the program starts...
And i can't add any sources after that

I was using for some time the old version with no probs...

Can anyone help with this Huh?
Weird Tuscani, I did as you suggested. No luck, same result - no Frame Extraction Tab. The file is there under modules. I even tried this: I deleted the complete installed, ran ccleaner to clean out the registry just in case, reinstalled (copied from the rar file) the 64 bit release and still same results. (Windows 7 64 bit OS)

I will try the x86 install and see if things are different.
PBoD Wrote:If you can find an "old format" XBMC xml scraper for TMDB, then you can use it in EMM-r, but I haven't been able to find any.

Ahhh... I see! And, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I've managed to find it. Smile

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...l?view=log

Appreciate the assistance!

Oh, and you need to include all these files (put them in the folder "Modules\scraper.EmberCore.XML"), for anyone interested;
- tmdb.xml
- tmdb.png (for logo in EMM)
- common/tmdb.xml (for fanart scraping)
- common/dtrailer.xml (for trailers)

UPDATE: TMDB XML file may not be up to date enough to work with the current API... Investigating.
gr8r-x Wrote:Ahhh... I see! And, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I've managed to find it. Smile

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...l?view=log

Appreciate the assistance!

Oh, and you need to include all these files, for anyone interested;
- tmdb.xml
- tmdb.png (for logo in EMM)
- common/tmdb.xml (for fanart scraping)
- common/dtrailer.xml (for trailers)

Where did you place these files?
dragomanjk Wrote:Where did you place these files?

Updated my post, so all the info is in the one location. But you want to put them in the folder "Modules\scraper.EmberCore.XML".
Thank you for that.
I was also doing 'right click - save as' on the wrong page and they ended up being html pages.

Now I've populated scrapers, checked Enable Fanart, enabled the scraper and I get nothing when scraping. I try 'Edit Movie' and go to fanart scrape - it works. Posters are the same. No large ones. The first ones on the list won't let me select them (same as before, same as original ember)
dragomanjk Wrote:Now I've populated scrapers, checked Enable Fanart, enabled the scraper and I get nothing when scraping. I try 'Edit Movie' and go to fanart scrape - it works. Posters are the same. No large ones. The first ones on the list won't let me select them (same as before, same as original ember)

Hmm... Well unfortunately I was testing away from my media library, so the first step was to get it detected. And now that I can test against my library, I'll confirm what you found.

I'll have to check the XML. But at first guess I'd suggest that the old XML files possibly used the old API calls for TMDB... Should be a simple fix in theory.

Update: Well, scratch that. The only difference appears to be related to a couple of minor char changes, and moving some functions to external files. I'll be stuffed if I can get it working.... Best I got was name resolution against TMDB - couldn't get it to return anything else....
How do I get EMMr to recognize that I have placed a trailer file in the directory with the movie?

The movie is named <movie>-trailer.mov (although some have different suffixes). I've tried to "Update Library" followed by re-scrape for missing items or for trailiers only. I've also tried to re-scrape, reload and edit the individual movie. Nothing seems to cause EMMR to notice and mark the movie as having a trailer in the movie list.

I'm running EMM v1.2 rev 29 download last night from the link in the first post of this threadl. It was loaded on a new machine.

-Bob
I have made a bunch of changes and have moved the repository over to sourceforge.net. google.code is DEAD

Current version is: 2395
New Feature
* I have added support to limit the quality to scrape for movie Posters. It's the same feature that is currently for Fanart. This should will speed up scraping time since it will only download a single quality instead of all 4.

I have also setup Trac to store the Wiki and to log all issues and requests.

TiGmsm Wrote:How do I get EMMr to recognize that I have placed a trailer file in the directory with the movie?

The movie is named <movie>-trailer.mov (although some have different suffixes). I've tried to "Update Library" followed by re-scrape for missing items or for trailiers only. I've also tried to re-scrape, reload and edit the individual movie. Nothing seems to cause EMMR to notice and mark the movie as having a trailer in the movie list.

make sure the following settings are checked.
Movies > Scrapers - Imag.. > Enable Trailer Support
Movies > Scrapers - Imag.. > Ember Native Movie.. > Enable Trailer Support

Was the movie already scraped in EMM then you added the trailer to the folder? if so, the only way i could get this to work was to remove the movie from EMM database and then update library. Put in a feature request to get this looked at.
If I update from the old dead version, can I still use Rouge's scraper?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Regarding rev 2395, x64 version, selecting some of the scraped images for poster or fanart (but not others) gives a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message.

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Yea I'm getting that too
tuscani Wrote:Was the movie already scraped in EMM then you added the trailer to the folder? if so, the only way i could get this to work was to remove the movie from EMM database and then update library. Put in a feature request to get this looked at.

EMM has a reload movie on right click or you can reload all movies from tools no need to remove the movie then add it again
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13