• 45(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0
butchabay Wrote:Yeah it's working now ... the cirrus thumbs are fallback default images ...
You have scraped your tv shows to your library ?

Ok repo is working ok.

I imported it from a backup... can that be the problem? (but i've checked other skins and banners work without problem)
have been using Cirrus for a while, so I figured I'd check out Cirrus extended as it has a lot of neat features. Of course, I have some niggles (don't like the time/weather bar on the home screen in this version, so I disabled it), but the skin isn't working correctly. For instance, almost all thumbs are replaced by a default image. I saw this:

butchabay Wrote:the cirrus thumbs are fallback default images ...
You have scraped your tv shows to your library ?

So I guess I'm not the only one. The thumbs are in the library, as they work in the regular Cirrus skin, as well as the default skin. I have Mac OS X Leopard, XBMC 10.1 (the official march build) and have Cirrus extended through the malexx repo (currently 1.2.7 of the skin).

The issue is that Cirrus extended does not see the banners. It tries to show the banners in Wallview, where it squashes them. But it does not seem to know there are banners available.

There's some other issues, (I try to disable fanart as background image everywhere, and the skin gets a bit weird about it) but this one is currently stopping me from using it, as it is very difficult to select a tv show, as they all look the same at the moment Smile (well, there are 2 or 3 shows where it does know about the banners)

What to do?
mediumdry Wrote:have been using Cirrus for a while, so I figured I'd check out Cirrus extended as it has a lot of neat features. Of course, I have some niggles (don't like the time/weather bar on the home screen in this version, so I disabled it), but the skin isn't working correctly. For instance, almost all thumbs are replaced by a default image. I saw this:

So I guess I'm not the only one. The thumbs are in the library, as they work in the regular Cirrus skin, as well as the default skin. I have Mac OS X Leopard, XBMC 10.1 (the official march build) and have Cirrus extended through the malexx repo (currently 1.2.7 of the skin).

The issue is that Cirrus extended does not see the banners. It tries to show the banners in Wallview, where it squashes them. But it does not seem to know there are banners available.

There's some other issues, (I try to disable fanart as background image everywhere, and the skin gets a bit weird about it) but this one is currently stopping me from using it, as it is very difficult to select a tv show, as they all look the same at the moment Smile (well, there are 2 or 3 shows where it does know about the banners)

What to do?

At first i have to say, that banners in this skin are supported by banner.jpg
the cashed thumbs are posters and that's why they are squished. There is a Get Logo Button in TV Show Info (pressing "i") scrolling to the right you'll see a Get Logo button. Download Banners, Posters, Logos, and Cleararts ... they will be downloaded, named with the right name convention. The reason is that if every item is locally stored you can switch between the views and you'll have always the right item shown, poster, banners, landscapes or logos.

After that you can choose what to be shown in rightlist view or fanart view, don't check double buttons in extended mod as it won't work. so if you choose banners, you have to uncheck posters ... i'll do an option for that, i just hadn't time.

This modded skin has a bunch of settings, so be careful what to choose ...

About Fanart, i don't understand what you mean, have to check it, but i'm 99.9999 % sure it's working correctly.
Uhm, my banners are folder.jpg and <series name>.tbn

That works in 99.99% of the skins i've used (0.01% is cirrus extended).
butchabay Wrote:At first i have to say, that banners in this skin are supported by banner.jpg
the cashed thumbs are posters and that's why they are squished.
right... so banners are only from banner.jpg, whereas posters can be taken from poster.jpg or the regular thumb, which can be a banner, it just won't show up right then.

Sorry if I sound bitchy, I don't mean to be, just trying to figure it out.

Quote: There is a Get Logo Button in TV Show Info
I kept using "get thumb", because I already had the logo. I did just find the option under the Get Logo button. Unfortunately, the screen that comes up is too small for me to see the banner I would want to select. I have a 32" tv, which I find big already, but skins are made for 40"+ it seems, as the plot info is generally unreadable for most people too, but that's another discussion. Smile

Quote:The reason is that if every item is locally stored you can switch between the views and you'll have always the right item shown, poster, banners, landscapes or logos.
I understand this, but this does mean that if I want to move to Cirrus Extended I have to go into the thumbnail directory and go through all the files there to find the ones I am using now as a banner and copy them to the directories for the series and then rename them "banner", as the selection for banners is smaller in the "get logo" option than in the "get thumb" option.

I can do it, but it's a lot of work. Would there be anything wrong with a "cached image is banner/poster" selection somewhere? It would save a lot of work...

Quote:About Fanart, i don't understand what you mean, have to check it, but i'm 99.9999 % sure it's working correctly.
Mostly issues with the setting that toggling gets back to having correct. There's also small differences between this system and my atv2 with a nightly, so I'm sure that is attributable to that.

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way!
This type of discussion was taken i different threads with different skins. You'll don't have that support for all the nice stuff, try a skin with normal cashed thumb support and open up the info screen in tv shows, and you'll see what i mean. Once you have all the stuff localy stored (i know maybe it's a lot of work) you'll be able to switch between a bunch of settings without rescraping everytime your media. That was the idea ...
About GET LOGO Button, i can see what i can do, mybe there should be possibility to increase the sice, but it wasn't mentioned till now, so dude ... requests are very welcome Smile

I know Plot reading is such a funny thing, Plot scrolling in info is really stylish, but i'll bet there are 50% of people like me that never will read a plot, plotoutline ok, but a complete Plot Smile There aren't really many skins that support a readable plot ...

See Aeon, Alaska and all other styled skins ... alsaka was modded Big alaska, Cirrus was modded BIG Cirrus and so on ... all that for the only reason " PLOT " ... hmmm

I just wanna say for me it's perfect, for another user it isn't usable ... that's life.

I really take care of constructive critism ... yeahh
daviduco Wrote:Uhm, my banners are folder.jpg and <series name>.tbn

That works in 99.99% of the skins i've used (0.01% is cirrus extended).

That's why you're the only one posting this issue, isn't it ?
Progress Cirrus Extended 2.0

Screenshot:

@ mediumdry and daviduco

just to show you other threads reporting the same ...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=731931&postcount=3

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=731943&postcount=4

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=732202&postcount=6
butchabay Wrote:1. Already there Smile Go to TV Show Info, scroll to the right side and press "Get Logo" there you can choose what to download

2. Yes you can enable cases for movies, should not affect posters of tv shows ... be sure you have "poster for rightlist View " enabled in Extended Mod Settings ... go to movies and enanble "show Cases" ... go to TV Shows and disable "Show Cases" ... now you have Cases in Movies and Posters in TV Shows !

The tron Image is taken from Aeon Nox Backgrounds ... or make a google search, should be finded Smile

Hey,
Hmm.. I've tried changing the settings on tv series but tvseries Seems to follow whatever changes I make in movies? If I enable cases in movies, it seems to check the box in tv series too... When I uncheck it in tv series, it's unchecked in movies...

I'll try another fresh install... I may have borked something lol

I never noticed the logo downloaded before lol it must be hidden to the right is it? Would it be possible (for those menus that have more options) to have the buttons reduced in size so they are all displayed on screen at once, or perhaps add a small ">" type logo to indicate more options available?

As for that new screen shot you posted. This is shaping up to be a very nice update indeed. That skin looks amazing... I love way you have implemented the small screen, it's done wonderfully, you have a good eye for detail and it really shows. What a show piece!! Amazing work, the anticipation is killing me Laugh

I'll try a quick reinstall of the skin and xbmc to see if it "unlinks" the tvseries and movies view settings and report back, but at the moment they seem to follow each other, which is a Tad strange as I'm sure (as you say) that previously I was able to do this...

On a side note...
Do you happen to know, If I install a xbmc nightly build into a folder called "c:\program files\xbmcx" will it run and still use my current "user profile" etc successfully?

The reason I ask, is, I'll do this the moment the new skin is released as it is not compatable with the current 10.1 build... And this enables me to fall back to 10.1 should I encounter any bugs/issues with the xbmc nightlys Big Grin

Thanks again for all your hard work, this is looking to be a monumental upgrade and I for 1 can't wait Smile
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,
Hmm.. I've tried changing the settings on tv series but tvseries Seems to follow whatever changes I make in movies? If I enable cases in movies, it seems to check the box in tv series too... When I uncheck it in tv series, it's unchecked in movies...

I'll try another fresh install... I may have borked something lol

I never noticed the logo downloaded before lol it must be hidden to the right is it? Would it be possible (for those menus that have more options) to have the buttons reduced in size so they are all displayed on screen at once, or perhaps add a small ">" type logo to indicate more options available?

As for that new screen shot you posted. This is shaping up to be a very nice update indeed. That skin looks amazing... I love way you have implemented the small screen, it's done wonderfully, you have a good eye for detail and it really shows. What a show piece!! Amazing work, the anticipation is killing me Laugh

I'll try a quick reinstall of the skin and xbmc to see if it "unlinks" the tvseries and movies view settings and report back, but at the moment they seem to follow each other, which is a Tad strange as I'm sure (as you say) that previously I was able to do this...

On a side note...
Do you happen to know, If I install a xbmc nightly build into a folder called "c:\program files\xbmcx" will it run and still use my current "user profile" etc successfully?

The reason I ask, is, I'll do this the moment the new skin is released as it is not compatable with the current 10.1 build... And this enables me to fall back to 10.1 should I encounter any bugs/issues with the xbmc nightlys Big Grin

Thanks again for all your hard work, this is looking to be a monumental upgrade and I for 1 can't wait Smile

OK, you know what ? i'll Disable the "show Cases" From the TV Show Menu, i've fixed a lot such settings, so if something is enabled, the other option isn't visible anymore, that way i'll remove all this confusion. I'm working on ... so be a bit patient and everything goes fine Smile

I don't know if nightly builds are backward compatible, as i know there are database conflicts with nightly and stable release. I was wondering if there's a possibility to have both xbmc's installed, but i don't think it's possible. I have all setup with nightly build on my test machine, but my htpc is still on 10.1 ...
butchabay Wrote:OK, you know what ? i'll Disable the "show Cases" From the TV Show Menu, i've fixed a lot such settings, so if something is enabled, the other option isn't visible anymore, that way i'll remove all this confusion. I'm working on ... so be a bit patient and everything goes fine Smile

I don't know if nightly builds are backward compatible, as i know there are database conflicts with nightly and stable release. I was wondering if there's a possibility to have both xbmc's installed, but i don't think it's possible. I have all setup with nightly build on my test machine, but my htpc is still on 10.1 ...

Great stuff Big Grin

Yea, I will run the new skin on my new little test box too Smile I'm just thinking of ways I can get it on the big screen (the main HTPC) for all to see Big Grin I think your right, a side by side install will probably cause some conflicts...

Yea, the tv series cases is still linking to my movies? I don't know why, but it's ok, I'll switch to banner view for the time being as this too is a beautiful view.

Thanks again for everything you have done, If you lived near me, I would defo buy you a few beers to say thank you, for all your hard work Nod
butchabay Wrote:That's why you're the only one posting this issue, isn't it ?

Yes, because 1 of 99 skins isn't displaying banners as it should, sure Smile
daviduco Wrote:Yes, because 1 of 99 skins isn't displaying banners as it should, sure Smile

I'm going to see if there's a possible modification for both compatibility ...
Tested with (banner wall view) , there will an option in extended Mod Settings to enable support for TV Show (banner.jpg) (poster.jpg) (landscape.jpg), if disabled it will show the cashed thumb ... hope i can push this on the nightly build release ...
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.07