• 8(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0
Hey guys, a couple questions:

1. Are you guys going to keep synced with changes to regular cirrus? I only wonder because when I tried this extended versions I had some troubles and I am wondering if in the future the changes made to cirrus original will be reflected here. If so, it might be cool if you synced your version numbers with the original so that is less confusing. I.E. You look at cirrus original and it is 2.0, and you look at this, and it communicates that it is in some way behind.

2. A request. Implement home screen rss feeds using Grajen's rss reader script. 2nd post down gives instruction on how to add to skin.

Thanks Guys! Cirrus rocks and the idea to add all this functionality to it is great!
I wonder what troubles you have,since theres really not so much changes.
Or you get something wrong Smile

Actual Cirrus is 2.1 and ours is based on 2.0

We forgott to add this to the first post,cause we moved from the Mod section to own Thread and forgott.

I will add this.

We decided to leave Cirrus 2.0 as base as long as there are no Updates to Cirrus 2.1.

For now we took the new Media Flags(which are great) as option which are available in latest Update

We make a new Recently Added which will be in the Next Update,since we think the Recently Added from 2.1 dont really fit.

Only difference between Cirrus 2.0 and 2.1 are as far as i remember MediaFlags(Which are availlable as stated above) and some changes to the MainMenue/which we are doing too).

Apart from that we are trying to remove confluence leftovers as many as we can.

So as far as there are no big code changes or other Visual changes we will expand from 2.0.

If there are no major changes to the code or the look,we will leave cirrus 2.0 as base.

If other Updates come we will decide if we expand from our Mod or if we merge our Options with the Newest Update.
Depends on what comes with the Update ...

Edit:About the RSS,we will look at it.
guys how can I add comics on home menu ( just Like Games ) + Colour studio flags for movies & TV.. also Audiobook on Home ...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...audiobooks
also here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86753&page=12
shaktoo Wrote:guys how can I add comics on home menu ( just Like Games ) + Colour studio flags for movies & TV.. also Audiobook on Home ...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...audiobooks
also here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86753&page=12

What is "Comics" ? a script ? Can't it be handled like favorites?
Audiobook is just a smart playlist, you'll have to edit your nfo's and set genre to Audiobook. Create a new smart playlist, with rule "Genre" is "Audiobook" ...
This Playlist can be added to home menu.

Let me understand, there are a bunch of Items you can put on Home Menu with Cirrus Extended, Addons, Favorites, Playlists ... etc.
So why we should integrate more and more Items to Home by default?

Cheers
As I see in the slideshow of your movie view, in the first slide for the Batman Begins movie, the WB logo and the synopsis gets mixed up. I would suggest you place the studio logos on the top left, just like the MPAA ratings are on the top right.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
butchabay Wrote:What is "Comics" ? a script ? Can't it be handled like favorites?
Audiobook is just a smart playlist, you'll have to edit your nfo's and set genre to Audiobook. Create a new smart playlist, with rule "Genre" is "Audiobook" ...
This Playlist can be added to home menu.

Let me understand, there are a bunch of Items you can put on Home Menu with Cirrus Extended, Addons, Favorites, Playlists ... etc.
So why we should integrate more and more Items to Home by default?

Cheers

Comics are .cbr files that can be read by the photo library. You can add your comics as a favorite and then add that to the main screen just like Butchabay suggested.

Speaking of Favorites, I noticed that this has the Queens English spelling. Would I just need to modify the English strings.xml file to change this?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
bandelguy Wrote:As I see in the slideshow of your movie view, in the first slide for the Batman Begins movie, the WB logo and the synopsis gets mixed up. I would suggest you place the studio logos on the top left, just like the MPAA ratings are on the top right.

Will be fixed for next update!
htpc guy Wrote:Comics are .cbr files that can be read by the photo library. You can add your comics as a favorite and then add that to the main screen just like Butchabay suggested.

Speaking of Favorites, I noticed that this has the Queens English spelling. Would I just need to modify the English strings.xml file to change this?

You mean : favourite Smile
butchabay Wrote:You mean : favourite Smile

We Won the American Revolution. Its spelled Favorite. Get over it. Laugh
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
htpc guy Wrote:We Won the American Revolution. Its spelled Favorite. Get over it. Laugh

Lol, while that is true, if you look in your user data folder you will find "favourite.XML" -- it would seem the 'limey bastards and those that love them have had somewhat influential role in the development of XBMC Wink
Let's get back on topic !
Thanks Butcabay & htpchuy for clarifying that.In the same vein ,would you know of any addon / script that extracts the first page / cover of a .cbr file to be displayed as the main image or one has to do that manually ?
It happens automatically as long as you have the setting turned on.

Settings>Files List= turn on Extract Thumbnails
How to use Git
Malexx Wrote:I wonder what troubles you have,since theres really not so much changes.
Or you get something wrong Smile

For some reason, many of my tvshow banners don't show up in bannerwallview. It works in the original Cirrus, as well as all other skins. With Rightlistview, the ones that don't show up are replaced by a banner that says Cirrus Extended.

Any ideas?

I don't know what I could have gotten wrong--put the repository in my addons folder, installed directly from repository-- the end.
Banner.jpg in each tvshow folder. The easy way, go to system,skin,extended mod, run logo downloader. Wait till it scrapes all your tv shows.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.07