• 37(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0
retro11 Wrote:Is it possible to have a fixedlist instead of a wraplist for programs in fanart view?

It's not a major issue it's is just a little inconsistent through the skin. Movies and TV shows both use the fixedlist view but programs uses the wraplist.

Already Done ... for next update.

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Except the french caracters messed up bug still not fixed, this skin works like a charm.

I have 2 questions:
- would it be possible, in BigPosterView, to have an overlay icon (maybe an eye?) on the poster to indicate that a trailer is available for the movie?
- would it be possible to show the movie plot above the OSD when the movie is paused?

About french caracters, i really can't do anything about it, it's font related.

Trailer Flag in BigPosterView and plot on pause will be on request list, but not for next update ...
Hi,

I have just been looking at an app on here that downloads tailers for movies, renames them, stores them within the folder structure and uses a few sites for reference... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98047

As your Cirrus Extended skin downloads image art and clear art for tv shows etc... would it be possible to add a feature similar to that app, which downloads trailers and stores them in the movie folders?

Keep up the great work, this skin is astounding and resolved most of my xbmc issues as soon as i installed it. its nigh on perfect in every respect.

Edit..
Ohh, also on 1080p movies the trailer icon tends to overlap slightly on the "HD1080P" text ... is there anyway it can be moved slightly to the left to avoid this? (its perfect for "HD720p" text)
Also could we have the option to view the movie information (plot etc) in any view,this would be invaluable for me :-)
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi,

I have just been looking at an app on here that downloads tailers for movies, renames them, stores them within the folder structure and uses a few sites for reference... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98047

As your Cirrus Extended skin downloads image art and clear art for tv shows etc... would it be possible to add a feature similar to that app, which downloads trailers and stores them in the movie folders?

Keep up the great work, this skin is astounding and resolved most of my xbmc issues as soon as i installed it. its nigh on perfect in every respect.

Edit..
Ohh, also on 1080p movies the trailer icon tends to overlap slightly on the "HD1080P" text ... is there anyway it can be moved slightly to the left to avoid this? (its perfect for "HD720p" text)
Also could we have the option to view the movie information (plot etc) in any view,this would be invaluable for me :-)

Thanx Pat,

I always thought this would be a great feature, but untill it will be a script we can't do anything to integrate it.

About trailer icon, have to take a look, are you using the old or new media flags ? Maybe you should try the new media flags, Skin Settings ---> General ---> Use new media Flags

What do you mean about Info in every View? There are only 2 Views you have to press Up to show Plot, BigPoster and FanartSlide ... all other views content infos ...
butchabay Wrote:Thanx Pat,

I always thought this would be a great feature, but untill it will be a script we can't do anything to integrate it.

About trailer icon, have to take a look, are you using the old or new media flags ? Maybe you should try the new media flags, Skin Settings ---> General ---> Use new media Flags

What do you mean about Info in every View? There are only 2 Views you have to press Up to show Plot, BigPoster and FanartSlide ... all other views content infos ...

Hi,

Thanks for replying,
For the record your skin is incredible... And I mean incredible... I encountered 4 or 5 headache problems with xbmc on my first build and couldn't resolve any of them (all posted on here) ... until...

I installed your extended skin and then everything worked exactly as I wanted and needed it to, it's was just there and it just works. Fantastic work, looks, feels and functions amazingly.. This should be the default skin IMHO as it's elegant, simple, light, functional, user friendly, and has all the options we need for advanced users and basic users like me. It reminds me of apple software.

Yea, for info I'd like it to be available to switch it on permanently for all views.. Such as wallview, big poster view, fan art slide, list ... Everything just an option to have it always on view as I like big poster view and fan art but don't use them as I hate pressing up on every movie to see what it's about... I know that sounds lazy but I like to just lie back and glance and read the first few lines of a synopsis to see if it's what Im in the mood for.

Trailers would be amazing, I'm glad you too want it implemented as it means hopefully one day it will make an appearance.

As for the trailer icon Laugh I was not using the new media flags ... So the issue has gone, it's a small problem with the old flags, but I never new these new ones existed lol ..wow what a difference they make, much neater and tidied and symmetrical. Thanks for the heads up, not only does the trailer icon now sit correctly the entire bottom row of information is far cleaner and blends in With skin much better, Sorry for not knowing/noticing that option In the menu Blush

This is by far the nicest skin I've used and I love how you have kept support for the trusty mouse too Smile really well done and I hope you keep up the amazing work ... but don't change it too much Wink

Ps,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the imdb "recommendations" feed I to the "show Information" section of the skin...

You know on imdb when you pick a movie it gives you 4 other titles you might like etc... Would there be any way to pull that feed Into the "show information" section and, some how, cross reference it with films we own... so that it shows us the imdb recommendations for the current film, but only displays the recommendations we own or am I talking about a kind of voodoo magic that is not available yet lol.

Thanks again, and seriously, this skin is amazing and what you have done is very close to perfection for any home theatre. This really should be the default skin IMHO.

Pps.
As some of my movies already point to trailers online (the trailer icon) can I download them automagically so I can watch them off line and have them stored With the movie or will this need an entire script creating as well?
Let me begin by saying I love this skin and agree with everyone here that it should be the default skin.

Please excuse the noob question, but I've been scouring this forum trying to find my answer (to which I'm sure it's very easy). Everytime I load up xbmc, it defaults me to "Pictures" on the home screen. I'd rather it start me on "Movies"...then I can navigate from there is need be. I still want to begin on the home screen....but just have me start at Movies instead of Pictures. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Quote:Yea, for info I'd like it to be available to switch it on permanently for all views.. Such as wallview, big poster view, fan art slide, list ... Everything just an option to have it always on view as I like big poster view and fan art but don't use them as I hate pressing up on every movie to see what it's about... I know that sounds lazy but I like to just lie back and glance and read the first few lines of a synopsis to see if it's what Im in the mood for.

You have Fanart and Fanart Slide, so the Original Fanart View is showing everything when focused without any keypress ... about List View, you have option to switch to Compact View that is really similar to List View. I can see if i'll get the original Big Poster view, so there will be Big Poster Slide ... i hope you understand that we can't make an option for every single action ... this MOD already has nearly every feature integrated, if we're going to blow it there will be an infinity of options that will be difficult to support.
We're really glad to hear compliments and suggestions, and believe me when i say that 4 month ago i just started learning trial & error with skinning, the results are keeping me stunning and satisfied, the same for Malexx that is going on with some new ideas and put a lot of time in our vision. As i started to integrate pvr support i was thinking if i'm really able to do it ... i'm happy with the actual result.

Quote:Ps,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the imdb "recommendations" feed I to the "show Information" section of the skin...

You know on imdb when you pick a movie it gives you 4 other titles you might like etc... Would there be any way to pull that feed Into the "show information" section and, some how, cross reference it with films we own... so that it shows us the imdb recommendations for the current film, but only displays the recommendations we own or am I talking about a kind of voodoo magic that is not available yet lol.

Ha mate ... you're asking a very nice feature, but i think i won't be able to do it ... as i don't know if it's possible without a script ...

Quote:As some of my movies already point to trailers online (the trailer icon) can I download them automagically so I can watch them off line and have them stored With the movie or will this need an entire script creating as well?

You can download trailer from Apple Trailers, but the problem is that you have to point a folder location for downloaded trailers, so you'll have all the trailers in the same folder, after that you should copy them in the respective movie folders and rename them. A lot of work if you have a big library ... an easy way could be to have an option to choose the path of the trailer within xbmc, for example in info screen having an option to download a trailer and save it directly in the right folder or to set the path of the trailer.
That would be an easy and comfortable way ... but i have to say that the online trailers are working very well at the moment ...

cheers

Quote:Let me begin by saying I love this skin and agree with everyone here that it should be the default skin.

Please excuse the noob question, but I've been scouring this forum trying to find my answer (to which I'm sure it's very easy). Everytime I load up xbmc, it defaults me to "Pictures" on the home screen. I'd rather it start me on "Movies"...then I can navigate from there is need be. I still want to begin on the home screen....but just have me start at Movies instead of Pictures. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx, i really don't think that this would be the ideal default skin ... as there are too many settings that may confuse new users ... confluence is great, fast and should remain the default skin ...
About your problem, can't say which command brings xbmc to start the skin on a specific item ... have to learn a bit more about that Smile
Just started using this mod, few bits and pieces I have found.

1. tv shows rightlistview with new media flags ticked, still uses the old ones. (this is also true for recently added movies and tv, movies uses the new ones, tv doesn't)

2. Same goes for osd still using old media flags, in music as well as tv/movie

3. Again, old media flags still used on info screen of all items even if new is ticked.

4. What should my clearart be named so it works on the osd when it is enabled?

Thanks for a great skin. Looking really nice up and running, just a few bits and pieces i noticed.
Cheers
kulprit Wrote:Just started using this mod, few bits and pieces I have found.

1. tv shows rightlistview with new media flags ticked, still uses the old ones. (this is also true for recently added movies and tv, movies uses the new ones, tv doesn't)

2. Same goes for osd still using old media flags, in music as well as tv/movie

3. Again, old media flags still used on info screen of all items even if new is ticked.

4. What should my clearart be named so it works on the osd when it is enabled?

Thanks for a great skin. Looking really nice up and running, just a few bits and pieces i noticed.
Cheers

Hi, thanx for reporting ... 1-3 will be fixed

4. clearart.png (but you have the automatic logo downloader button on the info screen ) press "i" on the selected tvshow and "get Logo" there you can choose what to download, it will put it in the respective folder and name it ...
i have clearart.png stored in all the folders butchabay but not tv clearart on the osd.

Found something else as well. At the moment it doesn't respect image aspect ratios. This is only really important for tv show thumbs snatched from tvdb. For shows that aired in 4:3 the thumbs are streched to 16:9 and end up looking weird.

Thanks for getting back to me.
kulprit Wrote:i have clearart.png stored in all the folders butchabay but not tv clearart on the osd.

Found something else as well. At the moment it doesn't respect image aspect ratios. This is only really important for tv show thumbs snatched from tvdb. For shows that aired in 4:3 the thumbs are streched to 16:9 and end up looking weird.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please try out another skin, clearart working for me, so i really can't believe it's a skin issue ...

About 4:3 Thumbs, are you talking about episode level or TV Show Poster?
Episode level for the 4:3 thumbs, not sure how the wrong aspect ratio goes for tv show poster level. Will try another skin and see how it goes. Does the clear art work on both osds? Have tried both but neither have it for me.
kulprit Wrote:Episode level for the 4:3 thumbs, not sure how the wrong aspect ratio goes for tv show poster level. Will try another skin and see how it goes. Does the clear art work on both osds? Have tried both but neither have it for me.

To clear it up:

Cleararts:
------------
You have enabled clearart in skin settings ?
You refreshed TV Show Info ?

TV Show Thumb on episode level:
------------------------------------------
This could be a problem with skins using border around the thumbs, so thumbs always should be stretched to fit in the border.
Hope you can test it with another skin ... and give me a screenshot if you find one that works ...

Thanx
I know in confluence butchabay that the 4:3 thumbs are not stretched, however they also don't have a border.

Didn't think i would have to refresh tv info to pull a local png that is actually just referenced in the skin and not in xbmc. But will give it a try.
Hey,

I've noticed 2 strange things...

1 .. When I enable "show DVD boxes" in tv shows (when in right list view) it actually removes the poster and shows and blank screen? I'm using the exact same view as my movies and it works perfectly in there..?

Also, in the options their is an option to enablemovieplot for fan art, rightlist etc and when I enable that it actually removes thenmovie plot? Have I misunderstood these options? ...it's not unheard of Laugh
silly question but where/how do i access my movie playlists?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.07