Older 3com 10/100 cards
i would like to suggest that this be placed into the faq if possible...

i was having problems with videos playing without them being jittery, as the buffer was dropping all the way down to 0%. i knew that my network topology wasn't the issue, as it was a 10/100 network with no collisions. i tried messing with the buffer options within xbmc's settings, but that didn't help. transferring files to and from the xbox were fast, but sometimes after a while it would die down to 400kb/sec from like 4000kb/sec. i decided to change out the 3com network card in my computer with a linksys and wham, videos and mp3s play without a problem, and the buffer is up to 80-100% on videos now. monitoring the #xbmc irc channel, two other people with 3com cards have also had this problem with videos and mp3s skipping. i am not sure if it's a driver issue within xp, but someone else was running windows 2000 with the same issue. i would suggest to anyone that's having problems with videos playing over smb, if they have a 3com card, try changing it out with another brand and see if that resolves the issue.
i have a 3com card and it plays fine...maybe you got a faulty one or, like you said, bad drivers...
Star 
i too have a 3com card with no problems, i would suggest that anyone with network problems first update firmware and drivers to the card plus also test with a (known working) crossover-cable directly to the xbox before replacing any hardware, ...network troubleshooting 101
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Older 3com 10/100 cards0