Back Row and TV Tunes Script
Is anyone using the TV Tunes Script with Back Row? You can find the discussion here.

I would love to try this script out but I know nothing about how to manipulate or create a skin.

Thanks
Yup, added support a few months ago around. Nice little script. Very nice addition to a media box. Smile
Would you share how you added it? I would love to see how it works.

djdafreund Wrote:Yup, added support a few months ago around. Nice little script. Very nice addition to a media box. Smile
Sure thing:

You need an up to date version of Back Row

You need to install the Passion repo

You then need to install the TV Tunes addon from within the Passion repo's video addons

You then need to enable the TV Tunes in Back Row's Skin options

You then need to run the TV Tunes addon to download the TV Tunes

It should then play the selected TV show music when you are browsing through seasons and episodes.
Thanks Shape,

I did not realize that I needed to install the Passion repo. That was the step that I missed.

Sharpe Wrote:Sure thing:

You then need to install the TV Tunes addon from within the Passion repo's video addons

It should then play the selected TV show music when you are browsing through seasons and episodes.
Yep it's very cool - ppic is a star, I really like this addon
OK....not having luck with this add on

- Downloaded and installed Passion
- Downloaded and installed latest Back Row SVN
- Installed TV Tunes via Passion, configured using defaults
- Enabled the option "Use TV Theme Music in Library"
- Went to Library and ran TV Tunes....it asked me if I wanted to replace existing theme, I selected Yes......nothing else happened at this point
- Went to 3rd Rock From the Sun and went to Season 1 and waited........no theme music

I even downloaded the 3rd Rock Theme and renamed to theme.mp3 and placed in the 3rd Rock folder.

What did I do wrong? It is time for a log file in the TV Tunes thread?

Johnny

Sharpe Wrote:Sure thing:

it sounds like the script failed to download the the themes - did you put the theme.mp3 in the root folder of that particular TV show? If you did then that should have worked.

Yep I'd post in the tv tunes thread.
After many hours, for me at least, I figured out why this script was not working. It was a database issue. Let me explain.

Previously, I had never used the library function for Movies, TV Shows, etc.....after installing Back Row, I liked the screen shots that I saw of the various views, but I could not replicate them on my system.

To make a long story short, I removed each media source, deleting the library, and re-adding. I was able to get the script to work!

For individuals who have an extensive collection of movies, tv shows, etc., this may be an undesireable work around. But for me, it worked and I also re-gained the functionality of the various views that come with Back Row.
Oh man it never even crossed my mind you weren't using library mode - sorry about that.

Glad you have it working now.
Also glad to hear you got it working. Library mode is such a beautiful thing and probably THE biggest and best function of XBMC argumentably for so many reasons. Glad it's working for you. And thanks for using Back Row Smile
Just to let you chaps know - the tvtunes script is now in the official xbmc repo and so it's now been added as a skin dependency in the skin's svn and the mediafire download link.
THAT'S great news Sharpe!!!
lol, i've haven't seen it has been accepted !

your faster than me!
Heh - great to see it reach an even larger audience.

You the man ppic!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row and TV Tunes Script1