Back Row and TV Tunes Script
Yeah, thanks so much for your hard work ppic!! Fantastic addition.
Hi guys,

I'm finding that if I hover over a show, the tv-tune will play on repeat as configured in the script, with the volume level chosen via the script options.

However after several repeats suddenly the TV-Tune starts playing in XBMC's actual movie player at a non-limited volume.

Is anyone else experiencing this? (using latest Dharma version). Will post debug log if ness.

Thanks!
Hiya - I've never had that happen but then I've moved on to using the nightlies so it would be hard for me to replicate. I'd check with ppic in the main tv.tunes thread and see if anything's changed.

Heh - I have to ask you say the tv tune starts playing when you start up the video...you're sure you're not just hearing..you know the actual tv tune? Smile
Sharpe Wrote:Hiya - I've never had that happen but then I've moved on to using the nightlies so it would be hard for me to replicate. I'd check with ppic in the main tv.tunes thread and see if anything's changed.

Heh - I have to ask you say the tv tune starts playing when you start up the video...you're sure you're not just hearing..you know the actual tv tune? Smile

haha, no it plays in the music player, without me selecting anything!

it's no big deal anyway if it's not happening in the nightlies....yet another reason to tempt me to try a nightly out though...any of them looking vaguely stable yet?

Thanks!
kiboy6 Wrote:..any of them looking vaguely stable yet?

Well depends on what you want to do - everything plays back okay it's just the various addons that haven't been ported over yet that'd you'd be missing. I know I miss pseudo tv and the Giant Bomb addons working.
hmm i can't seem to get this to work properly.

i installed a fresh install of the latest stable (10.1) its all upto date. i made sure TV tunes was installed, then installed backrow. then scanned in my library. i dont get any audio while browsing my selection. if i hit "i" on my shows i can "get tv theme" and that works and it plays it when it asks me to download it. but i never hear it again.

i tested it with Aqua teen Hunger Force. but i have probably ~200 shows in my tv library.

any help would be appreciated.
No worries - there's also a skin option to enable - under skin options\general\Use TV Theme Music In Library <- make sure that is enabled. Should hopefully do the trick.
has anyone noticed after the tv theme has finished skin sounds no longer work? (10.1 live)
I have back row and tvtunes installed on my apple tv2 (black) and tvtunes doesn't seem to work. When I go into my tv library and get the info on a show, I click the get theme button and the system just freezes completely. I gave it 5-10 minutes and still unresponsive. Also sometimes when I click on the get theme button, I get the notification in the upper right corner of the screen saying that the scraper script failed. What am I doing wrong?
Probably nothing - again it's working on the latest nightly build of XBMC (albeit sporadically but I think that's down to other non skin related problems). You could try downloading the themes in bulk via activating the addon itself. It's under programs in the latest nightly build of XBMC - I think it's found under video addons in Dharma but might be wrong.
Sharpe Wrote:Probably nothing - again it's working on the latest nightly build of XBMC (albeit sporadically but I think that's down to other non skin related problems). You could try downloading the themes in bulk via activating the addon itself. It's under programs in the latest nightly build of XBMC - I think it's found under video addons in Dharma but might be wrong.

i got the latest nightly build and now when i tell it to get theme it does a search and comes back with a results page that tells me to choose a theme, but the only thing listed is "manual search" it does this no matter what show i try.
I think it does this if the televisiontunes.com website is down like it was the other day. It seems to be working okay now though.
I can't get this to work at all... I have the latest tvtunes and latest backrow running on both Ubuntu 11.10 x64 and AppleTV2 and can't get it to work with either.

The skin option is turned on... I download the tune from inside XBMC, it plays then saves as a theme.mp3 file in the tv show folder... but it never plays again, going into a show doesn't trigger it to play.
That's stange it's working fine using the latest TV Tunes script from the official XBMC repo (not the version in the passion repo note) on an Eden RC2 windows installation and also on a mac mini OSX installation using a version of Back Row from the XBMC repo

It would be helpful if someone else with an ubuntu installation could confirm if it works for them or not?
Weird, it finally started working... I don't know what I did differently.

I copied an mp3 file into a TV folder and left both the theme.mp3 and the new one which was named the same as the folder itself... i tried it, and it worked, then everything else worked too... although the volume was way down, so had to adjust that...

I noticed a bug, TV shows with ampersands like Law & Order and Mike & Molly won't download a theme.mp3 from within XBMC's tv tunes addon. The menu won't come up, you just have to hit escape to get out...

I home I can get this working on the apple tv too... I really like it. Worth downloading all these mp3 files individually, a way to batch it would be great, but still worth it if not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row and TV Tunes Script1