[Live] Incompatible video signal has been received
Question 
I am getting this error message on my Sharp Aquos LCD TV when I connect XBMC to it.

XBMC Live Dharma 10.0
Ubuntu 2.6.32-26
Installed on 8GB thumb drive
AMD Athelon
4 GB RAM
Nvidia 7200GS HDMI card

It is obvious the TV does not like the signal, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.

I would appreciate some direction on how to proceed.
Login remotely via SSH. Check the output of "DISPLAY=:0 xrandr", it lists the vide modes that the computer thinks are suppoerted by your TV. The mode with the star ("*") behind it is the one that is currently selected; probably one that is not really supported by you TV. Switch to a mode that is really supported by your TV using the command "sudo DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output <your-output-name> --mode <your-preferred-mode-name>". This should bring up XBMC, but the GUI resolution is off. Change it to the correct resolution via preferences->system->appearance (I think).
Just revisiting this... I'm having the same issue, and I can't log in using SSH.

I get a blank screen and my TV reports "incompatible signal"

When I installed, I selected to allow SSH.

However, when I try to SSH in I get a "Network is unreachable" error...

Funny I also have the same TV (Sharp Aquos LCD)

Any help please?
Provide more info...the thread you digged out mentions XBMC 10 Dharma. I hope you dont use it. If you do, then please try with a stable version of Kodibuntu.
Oh dear this thread is a zombie thread from 2011, which has about as much in common with any issue with current kodi as a fart in the wind.
(2015-05-17, 15:54)David1977 Wrote: Provide more info...the thread you digged out mentions XBMC 10 Dharma. I hope you dont use it. If you do, then please try with a stable version of Kodibuntu.

I'm using latest OpenELEC and Kodi versions.

I'm still having issues because my TV doesn't support 1080p... only 1080i or 720p

(2015-05-17, 17:35)uNiversal Wrote: Oh dear this thread is a zombie thread from 2011, which has about as much in common with any issue with current kodi as a fart in the wind.

Well it was still a good indication of how to fix my problem...

And it gave me enough info to find a solution... for posterity, check out my other thread, more particularly this post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2007474

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Incompatible video signal has been received0