Remote Share not working for ext hard drive
Hi XBMC community, could sure use your help here. I've been running my XBMC within my home network with no issues until recently. I have file shares set up on my desktop PC (OS is XP) as well as a (WDHD) Western Digital external hard drive.

Here is the funny part. XBMC will remote access all shared files on PC, but will not recognize any sub folders on the WDHD. Here is what I have currently tried with no solution:

- Rebooted Router, PC, WDHD and Xbox
- Switched USB ports for WDHD
- Turned off Windows Firewall
- Selected to un-share all WDHD files then selected to share again

The only things I can think of that I have done recently was download and use FlashFXP to FTP a few files from my xbox to the WDHD, which worked great in that it moved the files.

And I think I updated to the latest free version of Avast Anti-Virus....

I am at a loss.... Please help
It's very weird. Just tried creating a new subfolder within the WDHD F drive with one Mp3 in that folder and selected to allow sharing on that folder only.

XBMC can see that folder and when I add it as a source within the music section it warns me that it could not connect to server did I still want to add it. I have added it and then when I try to open it a similar error pops up that the "Remote Share is not available."

I'm stumped. Any ideas would be appreciated Smile Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share not working for ext hard drive0