Keep Movies up-to-date
Sad 
Hi,

I'm using XBMC (Dharma) for a while now but there's one thing that drives me crazy.

I'm using nfo files to edit movie information and so on.
I set XBMC to refresh the DB when it starts but it seems that XBMC just looks out for new content and NOT for modified content.
Image Image

I have to refresh EVERY single movie individually. After that, the changes apply.

How can I manage that for ALL movies. I don't want to refresh every single movie manually. No

I hope you know what I mean... Sorry for my bad english. Confused

Greets
Tom
Set content to NONE, then set it back to MOVIES, this way XBMC will read the nfos like they are added for the first time Wink
sergiocos Wrote:Set content to NONE, then set it back to MOVIES, this way XBMC will read the nfos like they are added for the first time Wink

Okay, I will give that a try.
No way to accomplish that automatically?
i don't really follow... let's say you have 3000 movies in one folder, manually you have to refresh ALL your movies (probably 3000 x 10 sec/movie), but the way i told you in the post above, you set the content of the folder to NONE (xbmc will clear the library entries) and then you set the content of the folder back to MOVIES (xbmc will add the edited nfo as seen for the first time and rebuild the library).
what you suggesting is kinda useless, not not say stressful for hdd, i don't want xbmc to scratch my hdd from time to time looking for edited/changed files, i want to leave my hdd alone unless i told xbmc to refresh a certain movie or a movie folder.

Anyway, my method seems automatically for me, because in the process you don't have to involve movie by movie, but the whole bunch.
If you want this done by certain interval of time, i stated my reasons/concerns above, it's a killer if you have a large library. (dunno if it can be done, really, how to match database entries comparing them to a fresh edited nfo)
The simple answer is you cant do what you want to do xbmc does't update movies already in your db either refresh each one or build your library from scratch as sergiocos said

The obvious answer is don't add movies to your library until they have an nfo and local artwork
I will do so.
I'm in a stage switching from MS MC to XBMC and have to rethink some things.

Thank you guys!
You can put update library on a remote key then only perform an update when you've got the artwork you like
>>X<<' Wrote:You can put update library on a remote key then only perform an update when you've got the artwork you like

Yes. But I still don't understand why XBMC doesn't update modified content.
But ok... I will refresh the entire DB Confused Wink
Maybe it will at some point its something that's been asked a few times, if you rebuild your whole db your lose your watched status

If its only fanart your changing you can delete your fanart cache and it will re add them when you scroll through your library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep Movies up-to-date0