• 135(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

I have a solution for you, if you feel up to it and don't mind the unsightlyness.

Since there is not the option to make a playlist in XBMC on a network basis, you can do as I have done.

What I have done is to add the network (abc, cbs, nbc..etc) to the genre of each of my tv shows. This way you can make a genre playlist, of whatever network and have them play in order. You can use an addon like XWMM that allows you to enter new genres and such.

Mark
I hadn't thought about that route even though I used a similar method to set up my HP Lovecraft channel. Thanks!
Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: Can you download the latest stable-pre of PseudoTV? I added a line that will hopefully at least log the issue you're having. So what I would like is for you to get it and reproduce the problem, and post the debug log. Hopefully this will show me the root cause so I can fix it directly.

Hi Jason, I downgraded XBMC a few days ago. Not sure which version nightly though. Hopefully you can tell from the log. I can upgrade to the latest nightly and re-run the test if you like.

I have updated PTV as you asked. Heres the new debug LOG
502 Bad Gateway

I get this when I try download the plugin from either of the links below.

https://nodeload.github.com/Jasonra/XBMC...stable-pre

https://nodeload.github.com/Jasonra/XBMC...all/master
1. If the channel sharing doesn't work with Linux, then I'll just wait until it's fixed as the only boxes I want the sharing for is the Linux boxes. My Windows machines are just for tweaking Skins and such. I don't actually watch any media on them.

2. The time offset seems to be mostly working now. What I'm noticing is that if a channel is only a little bit into a show and I change to it, then it starts at the beginning. But if the show is good ways in then it will be offset. Is this the way it's supposed to be? I assumed it would start wherever the EPG indicated progress is even it was only a minute or two into the program. That's why I posted earlier that it wasn't working.

3. Since PTV is so cool and I can see us using it a lot, I put an entry for it on my main menu on the home screen. For the onclick event, I entered RunAddon(script.pseudotv). This seems to start and run the addon fine, but when I exit it returns me to the home screen, but it's frozen and I'm forced to do a hard reboot. When I run it normally by going to addons and then selecting it, it exits as expected. Here is the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/8dD2uPsH
Rastan: Your log helped narrow down the problem even more, I'll have a new version soon for you to do one more test...hopefully this will tell me for sure what's going on. I'll post when it's ready.

Jakob Rosenberg: This was a github issue, the links are working now.

RockDawg: 1. Yea, I wish I could get channel sharing on Linux, but until the dev team gets the xbmc vfs complete then I won't be able to do it.

2. The time offset should work even if it's only a couple seconds into a show. What an odd problem to have, I haven't seen any time issues for a while now.

3. This looks like some other issue (not PTV) based on the log:
Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

A quick forum search looks like it's an issue with Aeon MQ3.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: Your log helped narrow down the problem even more, I'll have a new version soon for you to do one more test...hopefully this will tell me for sure what's going on. I'll post when it's ready.

Thats very good news! Many thanks for all your hard work. I'll keep an eye out for the new update Big Grin
Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: Your log helped narrow down the problem even more, I'll have a new version soon for you to do one more test...hopefully this will tell me for sure what's going on. I'll post when it's ready.

Jakob Rosenberg: This was a github issue, the links are working now.

RockDawg: 1. Yea, I wish I could get channel sharing on Linux, but until the dev team gets the xbmc vfs complete then I won't be able to do it.

2. The time offset should work even if it's only a couple seconds into a show. What an odd problem to have, I haven't seen any time issues for a while now.

3. This looks like some other issue (not PTV) based on the log:
Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

A quick forum search looks like it's an issue with Aeon MQ3.

1. No problem. It's not a big deal. I'll just copy the files manually to sync the different boxes.

2. Hmm, that's odd because I checked all of my machines and they all do the exact same thing. Again, not a big deal.

3. I'm running Cirrus Extended and I've seen that error in my log for a long time. Way before I even found out about PTV. I don't use the PVR functions so I was never really worried about it. I figured this probably isn't a problem directly with PTV, but I was hoping somebody may know how to work it out. I was also wondering if I'm invoking PTV correctly. I notice the wiki shows RunScript, RunAddon and RunPlugin. Which is PTV?
Jason,

First of all Great APP ...

Question - Does PseudoTV scrape the .nfo files from the local directories of the TV shows / Movies etc .... to get the Genre, Channel etc ... ?

I have this going on ...

My daughter's channel is Nickelodeon ...

I have shows such as Team Umizoomi, Dora, etc ... on there no problem ...
Peppa Pig, although is shown on Nickelodeon (here in the U.S.) is on an English network called Five.

I changed the .nfo file for Peppa Pig to say <studio>Nickelodeon</studio>

But PseudoTV does not see it as Nickelodeon ...

Is it possible to "trick" the system to say Peppa Pig belongs to Nickelodeon?
mechagrover Wrote:I'll just continue to manually add each show for now.

How do you add a show to a channel? I see the option to "Not Play a show" but not to add one ... ? this would solve my issue that i just posted ...
dugan26 Wrote:Jason,

First of all Great APP ...

Question - Does PseudoTV scrape the .nfo files from the local directories of the TV shows / Movies etc .... to get the Genre, Channel etc ... ?

I have this going on ...

My daughter's channel is Nickelodeon ...

I have shows such as Team Umizoomi, Dora, etc ... on there no problem ...
Peppa Pig, although is shown on Nickelodeon (here in the U.S.) is on an English network called Five.

I changed the .nfo file for Peppa Pig to say <studio>Nickelodeon</studio>

But PseudoTV does not see it as Nickelodeon ...

Is it possible to "trick" the system to say Peppa Pig belongs to Nickelodeon?

Hello,

Once XBMC has scraped the show it is in the database. You will need to change the database to reflect the changes that you made to your nfo files. You can do this a couple ways.
1.) remove the show from XBMC, clean the database then add the show back in. That will cause the nfo file with your new newtwork information to be entered into the database.
The 2nd and easiest way..use an addon like XWMM that will change the database directly. I use this all the time to do just this.
What I do is to change everything I want on my shows and movies then export to single files, the nfo files. That way...the new information is always there.

Mark
ah! Many thanks will try tonight !!! this is so cool
As I said before, great work!! Apologies if this has already been asked but I have a few of questions:

1. Is there an plans to add season/episode number to the info pop-up?

2. The episode title/info already diplayed doesn't scroll, so you can't read the whole synopsis. Can this be fixed?

3. Will we be able to choose placement of the network logo in a future release?

Thanks for your time bro, keep up the good work! (",)
Hello,

First, I must say - PseudoTV is awsome and a brilliant idea and thank you for this!

But I have few questions:

1. Shared Channels - when I use this option, on first run my XBMC writes new cache and settings files to the shared folder but as default settings.
I wanted to use my previously built channel list, so I copied the original channels lists and settings but (not surprisingly) other PC's couldnt find the videos. I really could use a little guidance here Smile
(All 3 stations are Win7 based)

2. Coming up next - Is there a way to make it show the show logo/banner in this box ?

3. How do I insert Live Channels like CNN / Fox News ?

4. (Request) As mentioned before - It could be really nice if TV Info would show Season/Episode number info.

Thanks !
I'm having trouble creating a new channel. A few months ago I set everything up and created 9 channels easily enough but now I want to add channel 10 which will play kids movies.

In the channel configuration window I select channel 10 and it asks me to enter the channel type which defaults to none. I can use the arrow keys to get to the up down arrows on screen but nothing makes the selection actually change. If I go to an existing channel I can use up/down to change the type but as soon as it gets to none I'm stuck there.

Is it a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Version number displayed in setup is 2.0.0

<Edit> after reading further back in the thread it appears to be a skin issue. I was using transparency. Switched back to confluence and it seems to work fine. </edit>
just a noob question. would it be possible for a christmas channel which would find episodes and movies with christmas in the name or description that would be great if u could help out.
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25