• 173(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
dsync89 Wrote:The problem is I do not wish to randomize the episodes, but would like to randomize the TV shows instead, yet playing the unwatched episodes in order.

I think that option might partially solve my problem too. Since an overall random setting tends to play too many of the same show in a row if there's much disparity in the number of episodes between shows, it would probably work much better if it randomized the shows and not all of the episodes.

Maybe the way to do this would be to include a random option in the channel interleave rule that would negate the min/max interleave values. That would create a random interleaving, but leave the interleaved channel setting (random, play in order, watched, unwatched) in tact. This should give a balanced mix of shows assuming the interleaved channels are based on a single show.

Would that be possible?
One other request to go along with that would be to allow a setting or something that would make it so that all episodes from all interleaved channels get scheduled at least once rather than exclude some once the schedule is built past a certain point. Again, if possible.
dsync89 Wrote:The problem is I do not wish to randomize the episodes, but would like to randomize the TV shows instead, yet playing the unwatched episodes in order.

The force random mode in my interleaving channel seemed to have no effect (or what does it supposed to behave).

Hello,

Create your channels using "Smart Playlist" that you create. In the rules, make sure that you select random. In the Channel rules, select "Play shows in order" and "Only play unwatched shows". That should get you your random shows in order.
You may also want to select the options to "Force Resume" and "Always Keep Paused". That will keep your channel from playing the shows when you are not watching that channel.

Mark
Jason102 Wrote:You could have those episodes be random and then have a rule to play them in order. You could also setup a channel for each, playing in order, and then interleave them.

mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Create your channels using "Smart Playlist" that you create. In the rules, make sure that you select random. In the Channel rules, select "Play shows in order" and "Only play unwatched shows". That should get you your random shows in order.
You may also want to select the options to "Force Resume" and "Always Keep Paused". That will keep your channel from playing the shows when you are not watching that channel.

Mark

Hi Mark. I had initially tried that but that does not meet my expectation. Shows are still shown in alphebatical order.

Here is what I did.

1) Create smart playlist using Episodes type. If I had used the TV shows type then PseudoTV will only display the file name, not the scrapped episode data.

2) Select Random as the ordering rule.

3) Create a channel in PseudoTV using the smart playlist created.

4) Add 3 rules: i) Force random mode ii) play tv shows in order iii) play unwatched episodes.
dsync89 Wrote:Hi Mark. I had initially tried that but that does not meet my expectation. Shows are still shown in alphebatical order.

Here is what I did.

1) Create smart playlist using Episodes type. If I had used the TV shows type then PseudoTV will only display the file name, not the scrapped episode data.

2) Select Random as the ordering rule.

3) Create a channel in PseudoTV using the smart playlist created.

4) Add 3 rules: i) Force random mode ii) play tv shows in order iii) play unwatched episodes.

In XBMC, do you have your sorting set to "Sort on Playlists"? Sounds like you have this setting set on "Alphabetical", or something similar.

Mark
Hmm how to check on this?
I am not at my XBMC computer now, but somewhere in XBMC there is a sorting option that you can select "Playlist". Sorry I can't be more specific right now.

Look around, pull out all of the hidden panels...you may find it by accident somewhere.

Mark

Edit: This may be the page you need: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library

Edit 2: Also, take out the "Random" channel rule but leave it in your created smart playlist. I believe that it is meant to play random episodes so having it and "play shows in order" works against each other.
Just wanted to say Thanks! for a great plugin. My only problem - it's addictive Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Is there anyway to use the default theme like pictured in the OP? I'm running Aeon Nox as my skin for XBMC.
tweaker Wrote:Is there anyway to use the default theme like pictured in the OP? I'm running Aeon Nox as my skin for XBMC.

Hello,

Each different skin has it's own version of the EPG although they are probably all quite similar. The picture Jason posted in the first post of this thread looks like it is the EPG that is used in the Focus or Re-Focus skin. I'm afraid if you want that look, you'll have to change skins or perhaps change the code to your satisfaction.

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Each different skin has it's own version of the EPG although they are probably all quite similar. The picture Jason posted in the first post of this thread looks like it is the EPG that is used in the Focus or Re-Focus skin. I'm afraid if you want that look, you'll have to change skins or perhaps change the code to your satisfaction.

Mark

I use the Transparency! skin, but didn't like the way it looked in PseudoTV. In the skin folder for Transparency, there were custom skin scripts for PseudoTV in the skin folder. I renamed them with a .old extension, and PsedudoTV reverted back to the default skin shown on the first page.

You may also need to go into the PseudoTV addon folder and there is a folder there called skins as well. If your skin is listed in there, rename the folder with a .old extension as well, and PseudoTV should revert back to default.

Be warned that for some skins this may not work properly and things might not display properly. Play around a little and you might find a working solution!
Hmm does anyone having problem with PseudoTV being quit after a show is finished? I seemed to have this problem. Using the latest xbmc with DS Player.
Apologies if I missed it buried in the 260 pages of this thread, but is there a way to create a channel that will play only movie trailers?

I have hundreds of trailers and sometimes get in the mood to watch them or just have them playing in the background.

Any tips or pointers on how I could achieve this would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!
GoofyJeff Wrote:Apologies if I missed it buried in the 260 pages of this thread, but is there a way to create a channel that will play only movie trailers?

I have hundreds of trailers and sometimes get in the mood to watch them or just have them playing in the background.

Any tips or pointers on how I could achieve this would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!

You could slap them in a directory and just select that directory to be a channel. If you wanted to divide them into supdirectories by genre or something you could still do that and just add the directory where all those sit as a channel and it will still get all of them in the individual folders.
Or if all your trailers are named in name-trailer.ext format, then you could create a smart playlist and adding rules such as FILENAME CONTAINS TRAILER.
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25