• 174(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
mwkurt Wrote:In XBMC, do you have your sorting set to "Sort on Playlists"? Sounds like you have this setting set on "Alphabetical", or something similar.

Mark

dsync89...did you ever get this problem sorted out?

Mark
Hey there Mark, I still couldn't make it to work, or at least achieve my desired result. The random rules in the channel doesn't seemed to randomize the episodes. However, the randomize rules in the smart playlist does work. But even when the play TV shows in order in the channel rule is added, those episodes still doesn't play in the sequential order.

As a temporary solution, what I did was creating several channels with each channels including one TV shows (anime) that I wanted to watch. For each of these channels I then create a rule to prevent it from playing in the channel. Then I create a master channel and interleaving those channels.
dsync89 Wrote:Hey there Mark, I still couldn't make it to work, or at least achieve my desired result. The random rules in the channel doesn't seemed to randomize the episodes. However, the randomize rules in the smart playlist does work. But even when the play TV shows in order in the channel rule is added, those episodes still doesn't play in the sequential order.

As a temporary solution, what I did was creating several channels with each channels including one TV shows (anime) that I wanted to watch. For each of these channels I then create a rule to prevent it from playing in the channel. Then I create a master channel and interleaving those channels.

I don't understand that because I do the same thing as you and the series play sequentially for me. I can't think what could be the problem.

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Create your channels using "Smart Playlist" that you create. In the rules, make sure that you select random. In the Channel rules, select "Play shows in order" and "Only play unwatched shows". That should get you your random shows in order.
You may also want to select the options to "Force Resume" and "Always Keep Paused". That will keep your channel from playing the shows when you are not watching that channel.

Mark

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Worked perfectly for me. I have been struggling for 2 days trying to figure this out, then read about 60 pages on here before I uncovered this. My wife thanks you also, as I was setting this up for some chick channels.
union1mc Wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Worked perfectly for me. I have been struggling for 2 days trying to figure this out, then read about 60 pages on here before I uncovered this. My wife thanks you also, as I was setting this up for some chick channels.

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

Mark
Not sure I'm a big fan of the new forums...they look pretty, but seem slower. Anyway, on with the show.

(2012-03-02, 10:10)Keeper Wrote: 1) Channel rule to specify X/Y position of logo

The biggest problem with this is that I think very few people would care to use this and it would be a...not big, but not small change.

(2012-03-02, 10:10)Keeper Wrote: 2) Make Logo's transparent

Again, not sure how useful this is to everyone. Also, I believe this is a skin change, meaning that changing it based on a preference may be difficult. For yourself, you may be able to change your skin to do what you want. Same with the positioning thing.

(2012-03-02, 10:10)Keeper Wrote: Maybe a "Guide Channel"

Hmmm...the idea is good but the implementation may be problematic. This could be helpful if I knew that a person has logos for their channels. I doubt most people go through the trouble of setting that up, though, meaning that the channel would just be a list of names. It would end up looking like the EPG does already.

(2012-03-02, 10:10)Keeper Wrote: Enable us to open the EPG when a bumper/advert is playing.

This doesn't work? You can't bring up the EPG when a bumper is playing? I don't do anything to stop it...

(2012-03-02, 10:10)Keeper Wrote: My clock display shows:
Quote:9:40
Finish time:
what does the "finish time" mean

I don't know, I don't have that. What skin are you using?

(2012-03-02, 10:10)Keeper Wrote: 6) When changing channels, it sometimes buffers, and you see a black screen - this is fine, however, the logo stays present for that second or two.

I'll get rid of it when changing channels.

thumbinollie Wrote: I have the power button on the remote to send the "s" key, to bring up the shutdown menu.

This weekend I was looking for a good solution to passing keys I don't care about on to the lower layers to handle them. That way I wouldn't have to mess with them myself. And...I couldn't figure out how to do it. Very sad. Anyway, it just means that I will have to start adding in a bunch of random key catches for these things. It's on the list.

thumbinollie Wrote: Every time I exit PseudoTV lately, when I go back in the EPG shows a whole different set of shows than when I left. I can exit and come back in in 20 seconds, and the WHOLE lineup is different. It never used to to do this, so I'm confused.

That's bizarre. It's possible that you may see something like this in certain cases if it's doing background loading. If you give it 5 minutes, can you open it, close it and wait 20 seconds, and open it to something different still?

RockDawg Wrote: allow a setting...all episodes from all interleaved channels get scheduled at least once rather than exclude some once the schedule is built past a certain point.

This should really only happen when the channel lists start getting really huge. I limited the maximum size of a playlist to 4096 items in order to prevent giant lists that take a long time to load. If you think that isn't enough, I can up it a bit, but I don't want to go too crazy since it will affect performance.

dsync89 Wrote: 4) Add 3 rules: i) Force random mode

Be careful with this, I doubt it's doing what you want it to do. Random mode on a channel means that when the channel starts up it will start playing in a random location (as opposed to the proper time). What I was mentioning was having the show be random, which should happen by default as long as you didn't select show tv shows in order on the channel type select screen. If you add the rule that has the shows play in order, though, it will go through and do this replacement:

A-S1E4
C-S2E2
B-S1E12
A-S1E2
A-S1E1
B-S1E1

with

A-S1E1
C-S2E2
B-S1E1
A-S1E2
A-S1E4
B-S1E12

dsync89 Wrote: does anyone having problem with PseudoTV being quit after a show is finished?

Hmm, no. Can you get a debug log?
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2012-03-12, 15:04)Jason102 Wrote:
thumbinollie Wrote: Every time I exit PseudoTV lately, when I go back in the EPG shows a whole different set of shows than when I left. I can exit and come back in in 20 seconds, and the WHOLE lineup is different. It never used to to do this, so I'm confused.

That's bizarre. It's possible that you may see something like this in certain cases if it's doing background loading. If you give it 5 minutes, can you open it, close it and wait 20 seconds, and open it to something different still?

You actually answered my problem without even knowing it.

(2012-03-12, 15:04)Jason102 Wrote: Be careful with this, I doubt it's doing what you want it to do. Random mode on a channel means that when the channel starts up it will start playing in a random location (as opposed to the proper time).

Turns out I had that force random enabled in some of my channels, which was causing them to load at different spots each time I loaded the program. Removing that rule fixed my problem!

Thanks a million for this GREAT program!
I'm trying to get the refocus EPG sranshaft created to show, but all I see is the default PTV EPG. I am running Eden RC2 with latest stable-pre. How can I get the EPG sranshaft created to show in PTV?
(2012-03-13, 00:17)baldsasquatch Wrote: I'm trying to get the refocus EPG sranshaft created to show, but all I see is the default PTV EPG. I am running Eden RC2 with latest stable-pre. How can I get the EPG sranshaft created to show in PTV?

Make sure the PseudoTV skin folder name is the same as the folder name of reFocus skin folder name (ie. skin.refocus.release should be used for both the XBMC skin and PseudoTV skin).

You'll also want to make sure you have the latest GIT version of reFocus.
I noticed in the latest git build that hulu streams hang on channel change, previous git channel changing between physical media and hulu was perfect...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
It's been a couple of days since I last visited here and voila, the forum interface had changed! It's like it is revamped to suit tablet platform (bigger buttons). Anyways one of my hard disk that stored 1/2 of my anime had ran havok for unknown reason. After few days of running chkdsk and testdisk I still found no avail. It could be a corrupted MFT or whatnot. Anyway will be back on posting a debug once it is fixed, or at least salvage data from it.

@jason
I will post a debug as soon as I could get the disk to work. My days had been quite moody since the hard disk had problem Sad
Loving this so far, having a few issues though.

I added a TV Show channel. I noticed that it only contains content from Season 2 and doesn't have any content from the other seasons (I've looked ahead in the episode guide). I deleted and readded the channel to no change.

Question 2: Is there a quick way to delete the default channels?
Jason,

Was wondering about the behavior of channels when using the rules "Resume" and "Always Keep Paused". As it is now, the channel shows whatever the first show may be across the entire channel rather than showing what the next shows are as is done in channels when these rules are not used. My wife finds it rather disconcerting not knowing what comes on the channel at any given time while scrolling through the EPG and I must admit, I am not too crary about the behavior either. So my question, is there any way to make channels with these two rules behave like the other channels do when scrolling the EPG? Is it necessary to use these 2 rules in conjunction with each other? Would just using one of them get the results I would like? Is there any way for this to be changed from a programming point of view?

Thanks,
Mark
(2012-01-06, 22:20)Daavid Wrote: I was wondering, is there a rule I can use on a channel to ensure certain age rated programs or movies don't play until after a certain time?
I know I can schedule certain shows, but I am more thinking about just a global rule (or channel rule) that says for instance "only play TV-MA rated shows between 21:00 and 05:30".
Cheers,
Dave

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to do this?
Thanks,
Dave
(2012-03-13, 18:38)Daavid Wrote:
(2012-01-06, 22:20)Daavid Wrote: I was wondering, is there a rule I can use on a channel to ensure certain age rated programs or movies don't play until after a certain time?
I know I can schedule certain shows, but I am more thinking about just a global rule (or channel rule) that says for instance "only play TV-MA rated shows between 21:00 and 05:30".
Cheers,
Dave

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to do this?
Thanks,
Dave

What I would recommend is you build your channels in such a way that they only have the PG stuff playing normally. After that's done, create another channel or channels that only play the TV-MA stuff, and set them so that they dont play. Then using the scheduling rule, have it start playing in your regular channels starting at 21:00.

I can be more detailed if you need better direction. Let me know if you have any questions!
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25