• 176(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
That's normal behavior. It'll create the first channel and let you start watching and should load the rest of the channels in the background. If you're having trouble, turn off background loading in the addon settings and see if it'll create all of your channels.
This may be a moot question, but it just occurred to me that it would be awesome if this could be done...

Would it be possible to add Addons exclusively to PseudoTV? Like for example, add ESPN3 to PseudoTV so the live sports events (or ESPN/ESPN 2 if your ISP allows it) would popup as channels in PseudoTV?

Just a thought...
That would be awesome!
(2012-03-22, 03:21)binarybomber Wrote: This may be a moot question, but it just occurred to me that it would be awesome if this could be done...

Would it be possible to add Addons exclusively to PseudoTV? Like for example, add ESPN3 to PseudoTV so the live sports events (or ESPN/ESPN 2 if your ISP allows it) would popup as channels in PseudoTV?

Just a thought...

I don't think that can be done as PseudoTV needs to know the exact durations of the videos that it uses to make it's magic happen.

Mark
First of all, XBMC is wonderful. Second of all, this plugin is awesome!!
Hello everyone.

having a problem while running the script .. fresh install of xbmc eden rc2
in xbmc.log i get the following

17:26:06 T:2736 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:26:13 T:2736 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
17:26:13 T:2736 ERROR: Error Contents: name 'REAL_SETTINGS' is not defined
17:26:13 T:2736 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\playroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-7051003\default.py", line 46, in <module>
REAL_SETTINGS.setSetting("ForcedWebServer", "True")
NameError: name 'REAL_SETTINGS' is not defined

any advise?

thank you

umm no one else had seen that error before?
Radikaltimes - Never seen it myself - What OS you on?
I have Eden RC2 on Win 7 32bit with latest PsuedoTV installed and all seems to run ok.

I'd advise at the very least, uninstall PsuedoTVa nd make sure to delete any remnants of it from your XBMC folder then try to reinstall it. Hope it helps.

Dave
thumbinollie - Just wondering if you had a chance to help with that guide you mentioned earlier?
At the moment I'm trying to do the following, lets call it channel 1:

from 05:00 -> 12:00 it should show only TV-Y and TV-Y7 shows
from 12 -> 21:00 it should show TV-G and TV-PG shows
from 21:00 -> 05:00 it should show TV-14 and TV-MA shows

I just can't for the life of me figure out a good way to do it.
@Daavid thank you

it works now .. the one from the repo worjs .. the direct link from the post here .. not.

thank you for your help

working now
There was a problem with the stable-pre branch (nice catch Radikaltimes), but it's fixed now.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
No probs, glad to help a little.
I've made a small change to stable-pre. You can select the option to show the season and episode number along with the show title (on by default). This currently is shown along with the episode title, so it only is shown in the EPG when the episode is actually selected.

Anyway, looking for some feedback on it. Want it where it is? Want it on the name of the show itself? Like the way it's shown?

I'm looking to submit the version to the official repo as soon as this is good.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
looks good as is to me.
Having several issues with PseudoTV.

1. When I make a custom channel list the script stops loading channels at the 8th or 9th channel no matter how many times I force it to reload.
2. The channel configuration menu is difficult to navigate. When setting up a new rule if the title of the rule is selected the rule details cannot be seen. When the details are selected the title of the rule cannot be seen. I'm assuming selected text is white, the problem being: so is the background.
3. It takes a very long time for PTV to exit. Is this normal.
4. Scrolling up or across in the EPG is...funky. It refreshes very slowly. It used to expand as it scrolled sideways but since updating that part seems to have stopped.

I'm running the latest release (03/24/2012), Eden (Full), Aeon MQ3, Windows XP.

Otherwise this is a kick-ass script. I love using it and so do my kids. They say it feels like they're watching cable.
(2012-03-25, 00:17)Jason102 Wrote: I've made a small change to stable-pre. You can select the option to show the season and episode number along with the show title (on by default). This currently is shown along with the episode title, so it only is shown in the EPG when the episode is actually selected.

Anyway, looking for some feedback on it. Want it where it is? Want it on the name of the show itself? Like the way it's shown?

I'm looking to submit the version to the official repo as soon as this is good.

I've been waiting for this. However, since updating to the latest version, the season and episode numbers are displayed right in front of the title. When I check the option to show season and episode it tacks it on after the title (with no space in between) so it becomes redundant. I do prefer the S01E01 format better than the 1X1 or 1.1 that my skin generate
Anyone had a problem with missing channels? I just installed Eden from scratch, grabbed the latest pre-stable, and doing ZERO cahnges to the default config, Channel #1 (NBC) is missing. All of the others auto created.

• 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25