• 190(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-04-18, 07:26)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 00:12)boccman Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 23:31)EZ1976 Wrote: sorry but i dont have "directory" under channel options.
i have tv, movies, movie studio and etc
but no directory
i am using Openelec if that changes anything (and the transperety theme)

You are correct. I am also using Openelec....I use the Metropolis theme. I switched to Transparency and checked. It does not contain the prompt for Directory. Try switching to Confluence and setting up your channels. then switch back to Transparency once your finished.

hey, i tried it and yes now i have the "directory" option.
but the problem is now that i select the directory and press OK nothing happens. i tried even adding advance rules but i cannot press on the OK.
i can press on cancel and go back but cannot confirm it.

Hey sorry for all the confusion but i never used the directory feature in PsuedoTV because it wont let you select SMB shares...I have also never needed to create a playlist from just a directory but i believe that you can do this by creating a Smart Playlist and pointing it to a the Path. So i recommend to create a 'Smart Playlist' and link to that in PsuedoTV.

When i get home from work tonight ill give it a try and see how to create a Smart Playlist from a directory.

Hope you get this working buddy... Wink

ok.
so since i have a lot of subdirectories with hebrew folder names, it was stuck.
as soon as i moved all the files to one ,english named, directory it added it ok.
didnt mind the hebrew file names though so its weird.

now i will check it on SMB
thanks for all the tips Smile
(2012-04-18, 13:08)boccman Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 07:26)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 00:12)boccman Wrote: You are correct. I am also using Openelec....I use the Metropolis theme. I switched to Transparency and checked. It does not contain the prompt for Directory. Try switching to Confluence and setting up your channels. then switch back to Transparency once your finished.

hey, i tried it and yes now i have the "directory" option.
but the problem is now that i select the directory and press OK nothing happens. i tried even adding advance rules but i cannot press on the OK.

Hey sorry for all the confusion but i never used the directory feature in PsuedoTV because it wont let you select SMB shares...I have also never needed to create a playlist from just a directory but i believe that you can do this by creating a Smart Playlist and pointing it to a the Path. So i recommend to create a 'Smart Playlist' and link to that in PsuedoTV.

When i get home from work tonight ill give it a try and see how to create a Smart Playlist from a directory.

Hello,

I have used the directory option for my music video channel and it works fine. I am using Windows 7 w/ smb shares. What I did and I think you have to do it map your network drive to your local pc and point the directory rule to your mapped folder.

Mark

(2012-04-18, 18:36)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 13:08)boccman Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 07:26)EZ1976 Wrote: hey, i tried it and yes now i have the "directory" option.

Hello,

I have used the directory option for my music video channel and it works fine. I am using Windows 7 w/ smb shares. What I did and I think you have to do it map your network drive to your local pc and point the directory rule to your mapped folder.

Mark

Yea, if using a Windows PC you can map the drives and that should work, but for people using Openelec, im not sure how to map a network drive, so i would just use a smartplaylist in that situation.
I know I can just convert the files, but I've found after flipping to any channel that is playing a WMV file from my library, that WMV file plays fine. BUT, when I switch it to another channel, that video bogs down to unwatchable for about 30-45 seconds until clearing up.

Just WMV files causing problems.

----

Also, I turned off Background Updating and set my channels to refresh daily since I download new TV shows every day. Had to turn off Background Updating because it was annoying for videos playing to stutter every few seconds (or not really stutter, but it's like a frame hiccups and stays up there a few frames too long). I thought turning that off would fix the problem, but it still does that every now and then and it's really annoying. If I exit PseudoTV and go back in, the problem is fixed. What's up? My computer is pretty damn powerful.
(2012-04-19, 02:29)-89- Wrote: I know I can just convert the files, but I've found after flipping to any channel that is playing a WMV file from my library, that WMV file plays fine. BUT, when I switch it to another channel, that video bogs down to unwatchable for about 30-45 seconds until clearing up.

----

Also, I turned off Background Updating and set my channels to refresh daily since I download new TV shows every day. Had to turn off Background Updating because it was annoying for videos playing to stutter every few seconds (or not really stutter, but it's like a frame hiccups and stays up there a few frames too long). I thought turning that off would fix the problem, but it still does that every now and then and it's really annoying. If I exit PseudoTV and go back in, the problem is fixed. What's up? My computer is pretty damn powerful.

Hmm.,,, Don't know what could be wrong with your setup. I have background updating on, on all of my pcs and I have no problems whatsoever. Of course I am still using Dharma. I understand that Eden has some problem where the EPG will react slowly. My pcs are not powerhouses by any stretch:http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/emachines_er1402_review
Maybe post your log file and let Jsaon or someone who knows whats what, look at it.

Mark
(2012-04-19, 02:39)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 02:29)-89- Wrote: I know I can just convert the files, but I've found after flipping to any channel that is playing a WMV file from my library, that WMV file plays fine. BUT, when I switch it to another channel, that video bogs down to unwatchable for about 30-45 seconds until clearing up.

----

Hmm.,,, Don't know what could be wrong with your setup. I have background updating on, on all of my pcs and I have no problems whatsoever. Of course I am still using Dharma. I understand that Eden has some problem where the EPG will react slowly. My pcs are not powerhouses by any stretch:http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/emachines_er1402_review
Maybe post your log file and let Jsaon or someone who knows whats what, look at it.

Mark

Seeing a bunch of this stuff:

20:18:29 T:1948 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
20:18:31 T:1948 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
20:18:31 T:1948 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
20:18:33 T:1948 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
20:18:33 T:1948 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render

Here's my log after opening XBMC, going to PseudoTV, flipping through 8-10 channels, two of which had .WMV movies (Dark Knight and Bourne):

http://pastebin.com/GUpSktFk

I am using XBMC 11.0. Lot of errors at the bottom of the log. Also, the troublesome channels after all of that happens does not return to normality until I exit and go back into PseudoTV.
Also, I run XBMC on my secondary display (my HDTV). So, I like to browse the internet or do whatever while XBMC is up, so I use "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" if that makes any difference with my problem.

Otherwise, if I use true fullscreen, XBMC minimizes if I got back to my main display and start doing anything.
(2012-04-18, 11:30)grope Wrote: Hi, how do I turn off subtitles in psuedotv?

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
Go into the Video/Audio settings and untick enable subtitles. It's mapped to the 'm' key in PTV. Im using the plex player controls with a harmony remote and use "F8' which brings up both favourites and the v/a settings.
I've got a strange problem i can't seem to fix. everytime i use pseudotv it crashes xbmc upon exiting. It only happen with eden 11.0- dsplayer. if intsall any other version of eden problem goes away. Heres a copy oof the debug log maybe someone could help me out. thanks

age OnSeek
22:01:50 T:3832 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnSeek from xbmc
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnSeek
22:01:50 T:2064 ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x014d0933: Reading location 0x00000024
22:01:50 T:2064 DEBUG: Thread CGraphManagementThread 2064 terminating
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: Finished, unmuting
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: showChannelLabel 7
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: hideChannelLabel
22:01:50 T:3832 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrplayback.signalquality) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: hideChannelLabel return
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: setShowInfo
22:01:50 T:3832 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrplayback.signalquality) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: setShowInfo return
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: startNotificationTimer
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: showChannelLabel return
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: runActions 256 on channel 7
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: setChannel return
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: startNotificationTimer
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelListThread: Starting
22:01:50 T:3760 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: onInit return
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Channel Reset Setting is 0
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Force Reset is False
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Start Mode is 1
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: IceLibrary is False
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: findMaxChannels
22:01:50 T:3524 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: findMaxChannels return 16
22:01:50 T:3832 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions
22:01:56 T:740 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: refreshLocks
22:01:56 T:3652 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: hideChannelLabel
22:01:56 T:3652 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: hideChannelLabel return
22:01:56 T:128 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: notificationAction
22:01:56 T:128 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: startNotificationTimer
PM FIND EDIT QUOTE QUOTE+ REPORT
Hey I am trying to use the PSeudoTV Network Manager but it keeps coming up with the following error. I am running windows 7 64bit with the correctly visual c++ library installed.

http://www.mybroadband.co.za/photos/...30446&cat=1308

I ran it as administrator as well. Can anyone help me here?

Hi! I'm newbie using PseudoTV and I have a problem using it: Everytime I try to create a channel using a directory source, the program freezes. Any clues?

I'm using a MacMini, Eden 11 & Aeon MQ3 Skin
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Jason... something broke....a while ago...

with Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v1.0.0-136-g38f59da (actually version 2.0.0) I can select "TV Network" and choose one, but with any newer version it won't let you choose a network - the box to choose from is just blank.

I've copied the settings and settings2 files from the version that worked, and the newer versions will build the channels and everything....but then you can't edit your channels at all
basically, the channel editor is broken in the newer versions

This happens on openelec 10.1 darma, with me and a few other users.
Problem I'm having is that when I try and go to channel configuration, it gets to 90% before freezing. Hitting cancel does nothing either, it says 'cancelling' but then I can't escape the message

Here's my log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/939571/
for all those who get the "directory" option stuck.
i had it when the folders (or one of the subfolders) was in foreign language (mine was hebrew).
as soon as i changed the folder name to english it worked (didnt change the filenames. still in hebrew).

hi. how can i add my own genre to channels. i want to add "stand up" or have only movies from israel (by country).
thanks
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25