• 200(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-06-18, 17:45)Jason102 Wrote: I haven't visited here in a while, been busy with work.

<snip>

What other things MUST go into a new release? This is not asking for requests...everyone has many desires for future use. What things prevent proper use given the current feature-set?

Please, build in the ability to not pull .ISO files from TV and Movies DB into EPG.

As it is, I cannot use this program, as the DVD menu contained within the ISO causes havoc with PseudoTV conrols.

Thanks.

v.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this already as I have not read through much of the posts, but for some reason when using the DSplayer build at the end of the show/movie PTV force closes. It works right away once I open it again, but it is nice on the Eden build that it continues to play through to the next show/movie. Maybe it's a player issue and nothing to do with PTV, but fixing this would be awesome considering I'm getting the best performance out of the DSplayer build with my collection. Awesome add on for sure! Looking forward to future progress.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned before but it would be awesome if the coming up next screen displayed ClearArt or the movie poster. It's much more TV-like, especially with the really cool ClearArt that is available.
(2012-06-24, 23:41)Jason102 Wrote: Potential EPG speed improvement for Frodo in stable-pre. The release will work for all XBMC versions, but the speed improvement is only Frodo. Also, I say "potential" because I was only able to do the most basic of tests...I'd appreciate any feedback on whether this actually helps or not.

I just tried this build on my Ion machine and the improvement is noticeable. Much better! The only small thing with it is (and maybe PTV has always done this and I just don't remember) that, when in the EPG and you navigate to a channel off the screen it seems to redraw the entire displayed listing. In other words, If I'm on channel 1 in the EPG and it is the top listing and I press up to go to channel 200 (off the screen), the listings for all 6 channels will disappear and reappear quickly rather than just shift down. This gives a flashing effect. The actual channel numbers and names to the left of the listings don't do this. They just shift up or down depending on which way you are navigating.

Just an FYI.
I'm having issues getting my channel logos to display. Some do, some don't. For example Showtime will display but Showcase will not. Also none of the predefined movie genre channels will display their logos. The tv channels are using the 'tv network' option as a source.
(2012-06-28, 08:15)farr3ll Wrote: I'm having issues getting my channel logos to display. Some do, some don't. For example Showtime will display but Showcase will not. Also none of the predefined movie genre channels will display their logos. The tv channels are using the 'tv network' option as a source.

The option to use channel logos and for them to show up depends on nothing but the way they are named. Sounds like you have naming issues that you need to work out. Make sure your logos are named correctly to coincide with the channel they represent.

Mark
I'm having random channel building problems with the last few gits...
My channel setup works fine when I go back to the old stable build (channel limit of 200), I'll post a log when I get a chance...
btw I tried building both from scratch and with old cache files... either way ptv stalls on what seems to be random channels during the build process.
I've also tried turning off background channel building...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
hi
i am trying to get the ptv support hebrew channels (under windows 7)
i got the tv shows to scrap from thetvdb.com in hebrew and got the movies to scrap from an israeli site.

i got the tv channels to work but i cant seem to populate the movie ones.
here is the log

ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelListThread: Unknown Channel Creation Exception
17:42:03 T:660 ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelListThread: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\ChannelListThread.py", line 86, in run
if self.chanlist.setupChannel(i + 1, True, True, False) == True:
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 353, in setupChannel
ADDON_SETTINGS.setSetting('LastResetTime', str(int(time.time())))
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\Settings.py", line 100, in setSetting
self.writeSettings()
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\Settings.py", line 113, in writeSettings
flewrite += ' <setting id="' + self.currentSettings[i][0].encode('ascii', 'ignore') + '" value="' + self.currentSettings[i][1].encode('ascii', 'ignore') + '" />\n'
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd7 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
17:42:11 T:1792 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.lock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases
17:42:13 T:1792 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.unlock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases

any idea?
thanks
I can't seem to get channel sharing to work. I set up PTV on a Windows install of XBMC and configured some channels and set channel sharing to an empty folder on my NAS. I then ran PTV on the Windows machine and it copied Settings2.xml to that folder on my NAS. I then went to my Linux install of XBMC and installed PTV (latest pre-stable, same as my Windows box) and enabled channel sharing and pointed it to that same folder on my NAS. When I run PTV on the Linux install it says it can't populate the channes. Here's a link the a debug log:

http://pastesite.com/38905

At the end of the log it has just hung saying "Exiting. Removing File Locks.", but it never gets past that. Any idea what's wrong here?
(2012-06-30, 03:50)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm having random channel building problems with the last few gits...
My channel setup works fine when I go back to the old stable build (channel limit of 200), I'll post a log when I get a chance...
btw I tried building both from scratch and with old cache files... either way ptv stalls on what seems to be random channels during the build process.
I've also tried turning off background channel building...

Same here...

Also, Is it possible for me to alter files to start the addon with the guide up?
(2012-06-30, 16:44)EZ1976 Wrote: hi
i am trying to get the ptv support hebrew channels (under windows 7)
i got the tv shows to scrap from thetvdb.com in hebrew and got the movies to scrap from an israeli site.

i got the tv channels to work but i cant seem to populate the movie ones.
here is the log

ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelListThread: Unknown Channel Creation Exception
17:42:03 T:660 ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelListThread: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\ChannelListThread.py", line 86, in run
if self.chanlist.setupChannel(i + 1, True, True, False) == True:
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 353, in setupChannel
ADDON_SETTINGS.setSetting('LastResetTime', str(int(time.time())))
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\Settings.py", line 100, in setSetting
self.writeSettings()
File "C:\Users\Eyal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\Settings.py", line 113, in writeSettings
flewrite += ' <setting id="' + self.currentSettings[i][0].encode('ascii', 'ignore') + '" value="' + self.currentSettings[i][1].encode('ascii', 'ignore') + '" />\n'
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd7 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
17:42:11 T:1792 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.lock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases
17:42:13 T:1792 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.unlock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases

any idea?
thanks

ok.
the series genre although retreived in hebrew are still "comedy" and "drama"
the movies genre are renamed to hebrew. that is my guess.
so again, is there a way to get PTV to support Hebrew or other foreign languages?
if there is just something to change so it will populate channels that the genre are in hebrew just let me know.
btw the options for movie genre in the ptv under the channel configuration are in hebrew . its just when the channels are populated.

thanks
RockDawg: I just fixed the crashing issue, I'll push the changes to stable-pre in a few minutes. As far as the NAS goes, it should work if it's SAMBA, but if it's NFS then it probably won't. This goes back to what's allowed in Eden. It looks like they are making this better in Frodo so I'll probably put something in soon to take advantage of that.

EZ1976: Yea, I know there are problems with foreign language stuff. I haven't figured out a proper way to fix this, primarily because I don't know how to create files in foreign languages. I consider this one of the important issues that need to be fixed before the next release.

Lunatixz: If you get a debug log, I'll check it out.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
how can i help?
i can send you a hebrew show and give you any log needed.
this plugin is the soul reason for my media center and i will do anything to get it resolved.
is there anywhere a place where you use encoding settings for language?
again if the genre are in english the channels populate.
if they are in hebrew they dont.
i am looking for a way to translate it but its in the xbmc database
http://pastesite.com/38948

can i add somewhere an encoding parameter like utf-8 or windows-1255 so it will recognize hebrew fonts in genre?
couldnt find anywhere in the config.py an encoding parameter.
would you like me to send you an israeli plugin(israel movie site scraper) so you can see how the Hebrew language is dealt with?
(2012-07-01, 16:38)Jason102 Wrote: RockDawg: I just fixed the crashing issue, I'll push the changes to stable-pre in a few minutes. As far as the NAS goes, it should work if it's SAMBA, but if it's NFS then it probably won't. This goes back to what's allowed in Eden. It looks like they are making this better in Frodo so I'll probably put something in soon to take advantage of that.

New build fixed the crash and channel sharing seems to be working now. Everything is using SAMBA. One problem though is that even though all my machines are set to real-time, the channel schedule is different throughout all my boxes. Two of my boxes have some of the channels the same, but the rest different and a third box has a completely different schedule altogether.

EZ1976: thanks for the offers, I may ask you for some assistance at some point.

I've added the first pass at a new rule: Even Show Distribution. It's a start to help the issue where a single show takes over a channel. It works in a simple way, it prevents any single show from playing x times in a row where x is configurable. Try it out. Unfortunetly, I don't think there is any sort of silver bullet for this problem, so this is probably one of a few possibly rules to use, depending on your situation.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Jason, just let me know where and when i can help and you can count on it.

do you have an ETA about the next stable release?
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25