• 203(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Hi,

fantastic addon! But i have some problems with specific genres. Either i cannot define channels with german "umlaut"
in genre ( like "Komödie") or PseudoTV is freezing on rescan :-(
(2012-07-12, 20:00)pünktchen Wrote: Hi,

fantastic addon! But i have some problems with specific genres. Either i cannot define channels with german "umlaut"

PTV doesn't like when special characters are used. You need to change them to get PTV to not freeze.

Mark
(2012-07-13, 12:38)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-12, 20:00)pünktchen Wrote: Hi,

PTV doesn't like when special characters are used. You need to change them to get PTV to not freeze.

Mark

That is not a good soultion! But i found one for me: I deleted "encode('ascii' , 'ignore')" in "settings.py" and now it's fine :-)
Is there anyone here who have the expertise necessary to help with getting PseudoTV to read UTF-8 so that all the special characters and different language issues are resolved?
Hi guys, have a question regarding playlists...I want a play list with say 3 tv shows...But I want it to start from episode 1 of each tv show and work their way up...so like....Show 1 episode 1 Show 2 episode 1 Show 3 episode 1 Show 1 episode 2 Show 2 episode 2.

Even if the show runs out of episodes it should continue....so like...

even if others are still going on...e.g. show 1 episode 50 show 2 episode 1 show 3 episode 50

Any ideas on how I could do this? I'm trying to do this for PseudoTV so it's more of a real TV channel rather than just playing random episodes.
Is it possible to copy over my channel setup to other computers with XBMC/PseudoTV? I am currently using a Macbook pro with xbmc but I am building a HTPC at the moment and I want to just move my channel setup the way it is to my PC? Just need a location of said files, Thanks!
(2012-07-13, 19:41)pisoj1 Wrote: Hi guys, have a question regarding playlists...I want a play list with say 3 tv shows...But I want it to start from episode 1 of each tv show and work their way up...so like....Show 1 episode 1 Show 2 episode 1 Show 3 episode 1 Show 1 episode 2 Show 2 episode 2.

even if others are still going on...e.g. show 1 episode 50 show 2 episode 1 show 3 episode 50

Any ideas on how I could do this? I'm trying to do this for PseudoTV so it's more of a real TV channel rather than just playing random episodes.

You would have to create a channel or two with the content you want played.

For the display channel, include one of the shows you'd like played. In the rules configuration for that channel, select Play shows in order for #1.
In an additional channel, also choose Play in Order, but also add Don't show this channel as rule #2.
On the display channel, add a rule for Interleaving the second channel you created, and set the min/max to 1 & 1
Continue like this for additional channels, but you may need to interleave with some of the channels that you Don't Show, and the min/max numbers will have to be played with for the desired outcome.

I've done this with 3 channels, and it's come out very good - but I'm not too worried about strict adherence to show 1, ep 1, show 2, ep 1, etc., although I do have them all played in order.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Quick bug submission:

I'm on a 4:3 analog TV (on openelec with a raspberry pi), and when pulling up the channel config, it does this:

Seems to start the box at an absolute value, which means the left edge on my screen is in the centre, and the right edge is off the screen entirely.
(2012-07-13, 22:01)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 19:41)pisoj1 Wrote: Hi guys, have a question regarding playlists...I want a play list with say 3 tv shows...But I want it to start from episode 1 of each tv show and work their way up...so like....Show 1 episode 1 Show 2 episode 1 Show 3 episode 1 Show 1 episode 2 Show 2 episode 2.

For the display channel, include one of the shows you'd like played. In the rules configuration for that channel, select Play shows in order for #1.
In an additional channel, also choose Play in Order, but also add Don't show this channel as rule #2.
On the display channel, add a rule for Interleaving the second channel you created, and set the min/max to 1 & 1
Continue like this for additional channels, but you may need to interleave with some of the channels that you Don't Show, and the min/max numbers will have to be played with for the desired outcome.

I've done this with 3 channels, and it's come out very good - but I'm not too worried about strict adherence to show 1, ep 1, show 2, ep 1, etc., although I do have them all played in order.

I can't figure out exactly what you mean? What do you mean by display channel and additional channel? How do I set the interleaving rule?

I find the config menu very hard to navigate and see what i'm doing...hard to tell where I am etc
Hello,
First of all, great addon! It has made my HTPC so much more then just mediaplayer Smile
I've even removed my television subscription thanks to this addon!

Now to my small issue,
I'm trying interleave a 'childrens channel' with 5 minute short cartoons, i've done the following

- Added a bunch of cartoonclips (AVI) to a folder on my Windows Server
- Set the appropriate permissions on the shared folder
- Created a new channel (27) in directory mode on my XBMC
- Create a new rule on the "Children Channel" to interleave channel 27 every episode (for test purposes)

Now the thing is, it doesnt interleave anything. And the reason for this is because it cant find the AVI files for some reason.
If i try to interleave anything else into my childrenschannel that is already been scraped by XBMC it work fine.

The Channel 27 (Directory Mode) does not even show up as a channel for some reason, even though I havent hidden it with any rules.

Any clues on how to proceed, is this a known bug?

Edit:
Think I realised that this has to do with SMB shares, It's not possible to create directory channels with SMB shares? Needs to be NFS shares?
Hello,I have 2 question about PseudoTv setup? First is placing the package icons in folder, I can not find the location of Pseudotv folder.
The window system i am running is win 7 and vista on two of my boxes and I have the same problem with both. I can find the xbmc install folder under programs/xbmc/addons/ but i do not see pseudo folder under any folder (I have checked all folders).

Second question is I would like to create a folder (smb directory folder) with all my show in one folder or playlist but unsure how to setup.

My current setup is Networked (smb) into 2 servers with all my media.

Can anyone help?

Last question i have my movies setup the following way

Action movies
Drama movies
Western movies

ect...

on 5 tb harddrives

does pseudotv scan all the folders and hdds?
Ok, so I've been on vacation for a week with no internet access. Now that I'm back in the real world, it seems that quite a few people are having issues with the foreign language support (or lack thereof).

I will try and make time and fix this relatively soon.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2012-07-14, 21:11)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, so I've been on vacation for a week with no internet access. Now that I'm back in the real world, it seems that quite a few people are having issues with the foreign language support (or lack thereof).

I will try and make time and fix this relatively soon.

can anyone help me with my issues?
(2012-07-14, 04:48)pisoj1 Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 22:01)thrak76 Wrote:

I can't figure out exactly what you mean? What do you mean by display channel and additional channel? How do I set the interleaving rule?

I find the config menu very hard to navigate and see what i'm doing...hard to tell where I am etc

Right, that probably is a little confusing. I learned how do it by following Milkman's guide which you can find linked in this thread here.

This guide does a pretty good job of explaining the interleaving process, and goes over some of the rules briefly. Check it out, and see if you can work it out. Then ask more questions here if you need help.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Does anyone know if it's possible to set an internet stream to a channel?

I have a few rtsp and rtmp links that I'd like to set to channels so I can easily scroll through them
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25