• 204(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
First of all, LOOOOOVVVEEEE PseudoTV. Occasionally we have cable outages and this saves my family from a night of no entertainment.
I have been using this for a while and I have an issue that periodically pops up.

I have one server with all movies on it and three other systems with XBMC and Pseudo TV on them.
They do have Enable Channel Sharing on them.

From time to time, when loading, it shows the channels loading on startup and then shows channel 1. When I bring up the guide, it shows every channel as being channel 1 with all the same shows.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pseudo TV several times but this does not cure the issue.
All other computers work fine during this time.
The only thing I found that works is to uninstall XBMC, reinstall XBMC and Pseudo TV. Resetup videos, playlists and set up channel sharing. Then start up the Pseudo TV again and it works with all channels again.

Is there a way to just clear the Pseudo TV settings or cache or something so that when this happens, it will pull the correct channel settings again?

Thanks for all of your hard work.
(2012-07-15, 19:40)jdannels Wrote: First of all, LOOOOOVVVEEEE PseudoTV. Occasionally we have cable outages and this saves my family from a night of no entertainment.
I have been using this for a while and I have an issue that periodically pops up.

I have one server with all movies on it and three other systems with XBMC and Pseudo TV on them.
They do have Enable Channel Sharing on them.

From time to time, when loading, it shows the channels loading on startup and then shows channel 1. When I bring up the guide, it shows every channel as being channel 1 with all the same shows.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pseudo TV several times but this does not cure the issue.
All other computers work fine during this time.
The only thing I found that works is to uninstall XBMC, reinstall XBMC and Pseudo TV. Resetup videos, playlists and set up channel sharing. Then start up the Pseudo TV again and it works with all channels again.

Is there a way to just clear the Pseudo TV settings or cache or something so that when this happens, it will pull the correct channel settings again?

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Yes, the problem is the search of the files on the first hard drive.I found that it only searches the first Hard drive you have it pointed too.What I have done is switch hardrives around under (Video - video add-on).Then I located the catch folder for the pseudotv, you can find the catch folder under the hard drive it was scanning (the first drive) then I deleted folder.After deleting it, it will reset the pseudotv search. Note: clean video libery and restart xmbc program.
(2012-07-15, 19:58)XBM2012 Wrote: Yes, the problem is the search of the files on the first hard drive.I found that it only searches the first Hard drive you have it pointed too.What I have done is switch hardrives around under (Video - video add-on).Then I located the catch folder for the pseudotv, you can find the catch folder under the hard drive it was scanning (the first drive) then I deleted folder.After deleting it, it will reset the pseudotv search. Note: clean video libery and restart xmbc program.

Thanks for your fast response. So the catch folder is on the server (where the video files and shared channels are)?
Where would I find this at? Under XBMC or under the shared channel directory?
Your welcome...the cach folder is located on the first Harddrive that pseudotv scans,,,,so check your server and look for the cach folder...its on the server...hope that helps
Pseudotv keeps the scan folder (cach) on the server so you have to look on your server harddrives for folder.
Ok... I found the cache folder and renamed it. Now all of my systems are experiencing a similar issue. the cache folder recreated but they all now only show one channel or error out stating an issue with a non existant channel.
Okay you need to clean the video library under video addons ---your search is not searching all your drives.I would delete not rename
make sure you do this to every computer that is linked to that folder...video cleaning will need to be done
Wait wait, you said you only see channel 1? Have you tried to wait a few minutes and see if more channels are added? PTV can do background loading, which will only load the 1st channel and load all of the others while video is playing. You can always change the background mode setting to off if you don't like it.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2012-07-16, 13:09)Jason102 Wrote: Wait wait, you said you only see channel 1? Have you tried to wait a few minutes and see if more channels are added? PTV can do background loading, which will only load the 1st channel and load all of the others while video is playing. You can always change the background mode setting to off if you don't like it.

I have did this to my boxes and it worked.I dont know what causes this to happen but I had to reset everything before it worked again.
Does PseudoTV work with a centralised MYSQL lib. ?
(2012-07-17, 04:18)fl0PPsy Wrote: Does PseudoTV work with a centralised MYSQL lib. ?

From first hand experience, I can say: YES !
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll give it another try on a fresh install. I tried PseudoTV last night but on first launch it started building channels and then just hung and sat there for the next hour doing nothing. I'll try again and I'll grab a log.
I want to start fresh with pseudotv i.e. remove database entries, network thumbs etc.. does anyone know where the database is stored? Also, if it is deleted, will it be recreated automatically?
Hi ,

I am having a problem getting psudeotv to show the folder where I am storing my channel logos. It won't allow me to select my c: drive to get to the correct folder. I have tried to find the default folder on my computer but it seems that its looking for a drive called special:// . This drive does not exist on my computer. Any ideas on why it won't let me select the correct file location?

Thanks in advance.
i have a problem, i have two pcs runing w7, and xbmc eden (no mysql), and i want to share my channels, locate de folder in my server pc, everthing is ok, but when i add a smart playlist, the ok button dont work!

what I am doing wrong?

sorry for my english!
(2012-07-18, 02:17)farr3ll Wrote: I want to start fresh with pseudotv i.e. remove database entries, network thumbs etc.. does anyone know where the database is stored? Also, if it is deleted, will it be recreated automatically?

If you do not have channel sharing enabled, then the data is stored in userdata > addon_data > script.pseudotv

If you delete everything there, it will re-generate the channels based on your library (meaning it will create an action channel, a documentary channel, a romance channel, etc).

Any specific channels or advanced rules you created will be gone
I've run across a problem that is possibly due to using sftp.

Enabling channel sharing simply breaks PseudoTV: I've tried pointing it to an empty folder, and copying everything over manually before setting the folder, both have the same reaction in the logs

An infinite loop of:
Code:
01:00:40 T:4495835136   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: rename sftp://movies:[email protected]:22//export/Metadata/PseudoTV/cache/FileLock.dat to sftp://movies:[email protected]:22//export/Metadata/PseudoTV/cache/42094.lock
01:00:40 T:4495835136   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: Using VFS
01:00:40 T:4495835136   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file

Here's more detail: http://pastebin.com/QXJWPxfw
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25