• 324(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2014-04-18, 07:34)Pendragon445 Wrote: The addon.xml file in Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-0d328ca.zip says requires xbmc.python 2.0. The addon.xml in xbmc.python says version 2.14.0.
I updated the version number in the zip to match and it then installed without any issues.

Works great. Many thanks.
I just updated to gotham stable and I have an issue with some movies starting from the beginning as opposed to starting in the middle (where they are supposed to according to the tv guide)

anybody else having that issue? It is really off and on. It's not really specific movies either. Some movies will start from the beginning every time I change to that channel, some will start working fine (resuming) after I restart pseudotv. I can't figure out what's causing it, because it really is intermittent and seems random. Oh and by the way, it only happens with movies and not tv shows.

Here's a log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=195947

At the very end, you can see that I open pseudotv, and the movie "Would you rather" starts in the middle. Then I switch to "Prometheus", but it starts the movie from the beginning (should have been at around 80%), then I switch to "The Usual Suspects" and it correctly starts in the middle.

I looked through the log but nothing jumped at me. Any ideas?

Thanks
(2014-05-08, 03:10)aptalca Wrote: I just updated to gotham stable and I have an issue with some movies starting from the beginning as opposed to starting in the middle (where they are supposed to according to the tv guide)

anybody else having that issue? It is really off and on. It's not really specific movies either. Some movies will start from the beginning every time I change to that channel, some will start working fine (resuming) after I restart pseudotv. I can't figure out what's causing it, because it really is intermittent and seems random. Oh and by the way, it only happens with movies and not tv shows.

Here's a log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=195947

At the very end, you can see that I open pseudotv, and the movie "Would you rather" starts in the middle. Then I switch to "Prometheus", but it starts the movie from the beginning (should have been at around 80%), then I switch to "The Usual Suspects" and it correctly starts in the middle.

I looked through the log but nothing jumped at me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Same thing was happening to me with PTV Live, turns out it's to do with subtitle files. I had to change my settings and point the subtitles option to a dummy folder to "fix" it.
Do you mean the option in the general xbmc settings under subtitles? I think that's only for setting the location where the subtitles addons save the subtitles.

Anyway I tried changing that, but did not fix the issue. And I did not see any subtitle options in pseudotv settings.

Oh and by the way, it happens with tv shows as well, but not that often.

I'd say it happens 5% of the time for shows, but 50% of the time with movies.
Oh, I've not had that issue with TV shows, so it might not be the same thing, but it'd be a pretty big coincidence.

And yeah, I meant the folder I set in the XBMC Video > Subtitles options, which is where it looks to find .srt, etc files to use. I pointed that at a random folder with no subtitles in as a workaround.
I tried this one... and at first time looks great!!...

But I can't configure my channels.... any help with this?

I tried to use directory... but it only displays FUSION. and I can't navigate into other folder.

I use an android box (GBOX Midnight )

Thanks

Edit: I was able to config my channels.. can anyone help me with the issue I posted today?... (2 posts down)
(2013-10-03, 01:47)tommymsw Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 00:05)sensman Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 17:38)tommymsw Wrote: Sensman... can you clarify this a little more? Maybe show an example to help me understand?

Hi tommymsw

go to VIDEOS -> FILES -> Keyboard Key "C" -> ADD SOURCE -> BROWSE -> Drive with XBMC "C:" -> OK -> Scraper "None" -> Exclude selected folder from scans X -> OK

now run PseudoTV

Tested on "Gotham" Last Monthly Build

Son of a.... THAT WORKED! Rofl I don't know how or why but it worked! You sensman, just got your first +1! lol

I can now also confirm this method works on the October Build.

I am also running a Mysql database and I tried this on a satellite XBMC and just added the C: drive of that system.

Yep, worked for me too. Running on a Mac 10.8.5 most recent stable release!!! Thanks.
Does anyone know why Pseudo TV does not play my MP4 files?... well some of them... I ripped some music files (MP4 high quality)

My files work ok from the "files" section.

but when I add to one channel the mp4 files the channel does not work... (also it doesn't appear on the channel list)

Thanks

PS my filenames have this character "_" could that be the issue (well I have other channels with "_" and work ok... so these files have another issue... the problem is that I don't get any message on the screen)

I have Frodo
There might be something wrong with your mp4 files. I recently downloaded some bumpers from youtube that refused to show up in Pseudotv. So I re-encoded the files using handbrake to mp4 again and they now show up in Pseudotv.
Got psuedotv installed on a fresh gotham, but doesn't work. I get: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and you have properly configured channels.

The error message is nonsense. I have thousands of videos scraped. That's not the problem. Channels are the auto configured channels for a first time install (first time xbmc install), unless the script doesn't know how to configure channels, that's not the problem.

What could be other causes of this problem? Internet yields a couple of unanswered threads.
(2014-05-24, 09:12)wizzbangca Wrote: Got psuedotv installed on a fresh gotham, but doesn't work. I get: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and you have properly configured channels.

The error message is nonsense. I have thousands of videos scraped. That's not the problem. Channels are the auto configured channels for a first time install (first time xbmc install), unless the script doesn't know how to configure channels, that's not the problem.

What could be other causes of this problem? Internet yields a couple of unanswered threads.

This has been asked and answered hundreds of times, your posts are rude! Both here and on my thread. Your not entitled to help, so clean up your act and ask nicely.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-05-24, 12:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 09:12)wizzbangca Wrote: Got psuedotv installed on a fresh gotham, but doesn't work. I get: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and you have properly configured channels.

This has been asked and answered hundreds of times, your posts are rude! Both here and on my thread. Your not entitled to help, so clean up your act and ask nicely.

1. Where did I say I was entitled?

2. Rude? Look in the mirror!

3. If this one has been answered hundreds of times, how come I can't find answer through searching?

Since you can't be of any help to anyone, piss off and make room for someone who is helpful.
I have installed this and it finds and plays my library perfectly but no Live tv shows up

What is the exact procedure to get live tv working please

All the required modules are installed xbmc win7 frodo 12.3

Many thanks
Is there any chance that PTV will be returning to the official XBMC add-ons repo? I don't remember the details, but for some reason, PTV wasn't officially supported as of Frodo, and hasn't made a clean, out of the box release since. I haven't been able to use it and really miss it (especially for rediscovering content I've forgotten)! I've been subscribed to this thread for a few years now, but for some reason, I can't seem to get it working on any of my setups (I have 4 or 5 different hardware & OS configs with a shared MySQL database). Is there any hope of a plug-n-play PTV in the future?
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
(2014-05-29, 14:51)dgrayfromdc Wrote: Is there any chance that PTV will be returning to the official XBMC add-ons repo? I don't remember the details, but for some reason, PTV wasn't officially supported as of Frodo, and hasn't made a clean, out of the box release since. I haven't been able to use it and really miss it (especially for rediscovering content I've forgotten)! I've been subscribed to this thread for a few years now, but for some reason, I can't seem to get it working on any of my setups (I have 4 or 5 different hardware & OS configs with a shared MySQL database). Is there any hope of a plug-n-play PTV in the future?

You can always give PseudoTV Live a chance...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 324(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25