• 5(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Jason102 Wrote:@psike and dvdapex: It's worth noting that the channel order will be based on the playlist order. If you setup the playlist so that it plays all episodes in their broadcast order, the channel will maintain that.

even if the script will do that you can't setup a playlist like that, thats the problem. at least i don't know how.
Without actually trying it, I bet you could create a playlist that had a rule as the tv show, a rule for playcount = 0, and then ordering by first aired.
Jason102 Wrote:Without actually trying it, I bet you could create a playlist that had a rule as the tv show, a rule for playcount = 0, and then ordering by first aired.

yes but then if you got show from 1980 and another one from 2010 it will play all episodes from the old show first. not really what i'm going for...
this in theory should list any new episodes aired in 2011 that you havent watched yet and order them by airdate. But for some reason it ignores the order direction field, at it just lists them by episode and alphabetically. Maybe it ignores order direction because airdate is used in a rule field aswell.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>a</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
<rule field="airdate" operator="after">2011-01-01</rule>
<order direction="ascending">airdate</order>
</smartplaylist>
I have to confirm the issues Moontan is experiencing: the show on the EPG is different to the show playing. But it appears to be that that show is actually the previous one on the EPG. So on some channels the EPG is off by one show.

I'm also getting some shows starting at the beginning rather then offset by the current time.

And now a showstopper of a problem. When switching through the channels (not using the EPG) if I go beyond the maximum channels XBMC hangs and I have to force quit it. I haven't had a chance to look through the code and python isn't my strong suit but you may want to throw a check in there and have it wrap back to channel 1.

I was having a brainstorm regarding the skinning aspects and I believe you may be able to get some ideas from the RecentlyAdded script. That gives the skinner access to each entry individually, eg: getting info for channel 3 I'd call something like ListItem[3].Name or Listitem[3].Icon. Just an idea and something to springboard off of.
@Sranshaft and moontan77: can one of you download the latest stable-pre build from the repository? It will require that you go to the script settings and force the resetting of all channels, but it may resolve several (if not all) of the issues you two are seeing. At least I'm hoping it helps...
Things appear to working a bit better in regards to the EPG. I am still getting random crashes when switching the channel. Here's a debg log that hopefully you'll be able to track the problem down. http://pastebin.com/7UGktd5T

The problem occurred when switching from channel 6 to 5.
Thanks Sranshaft, that log really helps. I'll figure it out as soon as I can.
@Sranshaft: Ok, I see where the problem is happening, I just don't know why. If you don't mind, can you again please get the latest stable-pre version and get a debug log? It should still crash, I just added logs to help narrow down the issue. Thanks for all the help, by the way.
Psike and any others who may care...

This addon looks like the exact thing I have been wanting!

I have done a lot of playing with Smart Playlist and have found the way to get your TV shows to play in either a random or sequential order. You may ask why does it matter? Well for some shows it doesn't, for some shows like 24, Lost, etc...shows that have a continuous story arc, it matters. So here is what you have to do. At least it is what I did and it worked for me.
First you need to rename all of your shows....I used to have my tv shows named as follows:

ShowName - S01E01 - EpisodeName.avi

No matter what I tried I couldn't get the sequential order to work. It always played all epsiodes of one show, then the next and so on.

I changed my show names as follows:

S01E01 - EpisodeName.avi

They are still in showname and season folder as follows:

Showname
Season 1
S01E01 - EpisodeName.avi

I left off the show name and changed the sort by to "file" and it works. Now if I set the sort by to "random" I get random episodes of random shows to play, if I set the sort by to "file" I get a random selection of shows that will playback in sequential order.

You can change your file names with any renamer application. I use TV Rename.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Mark
Mark - I think you told me that once and i tried it but didn't got what I've expected.
with you way the episodes will be in sequential order but it will play all s01e01 from all shows before start playing s01e02.
Sorry it took a while to get back to you Jason. Got it installed this morning and got it to hang again. Here's the debug log http://pastebin.com/VwgS5xLN

It didn't crash the first couple of times but I did notice it seems to be crashing on the same channel. On the times it didn't crash, Shaun the Sheep would start for a brief second and then it would switch to the correct show. The time it did crash Shaun the Sheep continued playing until I forced quit XBMC.
Psike,

Could you maybe explain then what exactly you are wanting? If you don't want random shows to play sequentially, what is you are looking to do?

Mark
Found another crashing bug and this one has to deal with the EPG. If I skip ahead a lot, say a couple of hours, quick enough it causes XBMC to hang. I get a Not Responding in Task Manager and have to force quit. Here's the log http://pastebin.com/cpNKiP4G
Thanks Sranshaft. I may or may not be able to fix the hard lockup issue. I've encountered a couple of those in the past, and it's because XBMC is very finicky about what a script does at certain times. If you see it again, tell me...I'm just need to know how serious of a problem it is.

As for your first issue, this seems to be a problem with XBMC, although I may be able to get around it. When changing channels, I ask where in the current playlist we are and it returns a normal integer. For some reason, I see that it is returning a really large floating point number in just that one case for you. What version of XBMC are you running? Maybe I can just fix it directly in that code.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25