• 168(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
cfm56 Wrote:Jason, I want to bump the topic of the IceLibrary Opening Stream freeze. I also experienced this last night. Way awesome plugin, I didn't fully understand it until I got it all working. From the Video library, it does initiate the Icefilms videos flawlessly, but when Pseudo tried to queue up a film from Icefilms, it does hang on "Opening Stream" on my system as well. I was thinking it would be an easy fix, or maybe it was just me, but now that I have researched it here, it seems it isn't only me and that you think it will be a tough fix. Wow, if that piece worked, man that would be awesome.

Hoping you can give it another look, and I'm willing to send logs too if you think it would help, though I'm sure you already have enough. Tell me where they are stored and I can send it.

Thanks

Shane

AMD Dual Core 3.1
Ubuntu Linux 10.04
XBMC Dharma
Nvidia Ion
4GB RAM

How do you add your icelibrary into PseudoTV?
Hi - I'm using the latest dev release. I have pause when not being watched as a rule on one of my channels and while in PTV it works perfect, however once I exit PTV and restart it, it seems that any channel with this rule is re-set to the start of the first show in the playlist (oh yeah, these are playlist channels, haven't tried with other channel types).
Is this expected behaviour?
Cheers
mwkurt Wrote:So I have been wanting to try this myself with some of my channels. Now I haven't tried this but I wanted to throw this out to you anyway.
What if you created a playlist of any one show for your 80's station? Load this playlist on the station you want for your 80's network. This takes care of the need to designate the channel as something other than none. Now, create a rule not to play the show that is on the playlist that you created for your 80's network. Now try interleaving your shows onto this channel and see if you get what you want. Seems to me this should work albeit, in a roundabout way. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without fooling a channel into working this way.

Mark

That's a good thought, but unfortunately it didn't work. For example, I created a Cheers playlist and based the channel on that. I then set up rules to not play Cheers and interleave all the 80's channels (including another Cheers channel), but PTV gave me an error saying it could not populate the channel.

That gave me another idea. I removed the rule to not play Cheers and removed the rule interleaving the other Cheers channel. I figure let's interleave all the other shows with Cheers, but the channel ends up being only Cheers episodes. I thought for sure this would work, but no go.
RockDawg Wrote:That's a good thought, but unfortunately it didn't work. For example, I created a Cheers playlist and based the channel on that. I then set up rules to not play Cheers and interleave all the 80's channels (including another Cheers channel), but PTV gave me an error saying it could not populate the channel.

That gave me another idea. I removed the rule to not play Cheers and removed the rule interleaving the other Cheers channel. I figure let's interleave all the other shows with Cheers, but the channel ends up being only Cheers episodes. I thought for sure this would work, but no go.

Could I ask you why you are using channel interleaving?
There is two ways you can do this... Easy or complex I'll try and help you with both...

Easy:
Setup a playlist 80's Shows... Add all your 80's show to the playlist or have it add shows by it's air date (1980's). Setup to order random....
Then in ptv setup a channel to use that playlist...

Complex:
Setup a channel to play show1, setup channel rule to rename channel to "80's TV blah, blah"
Then create a channel for each Tv show you want... setup a rule to hide each channel...

Then go back to your 80's channel and setup to interval with your other shows...

Good luck...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz Wrote:Could I ask you why you are using channel interleaving?
There is two ways you can do this... Easy or complex I'll try and help you with both...

Easy:
Setup a playlist 80's Shows... Add all your 80's show to the playlist or have it add shows by it's air date (1980's). Setup to order random....
Then in ptv setup a channel to use that playlist...

Complex:
Setup a channel to play show1, setup channel rule to rename channel to "80's TV blah, blah"
Then create a channel for each Tv show you want... setup a rule to hide each channel...

Then go back to your 80's channel and setup to interval with your other shows...

Good luck...

The reason for the interleaving is because without it I tend to get an unbalanced programming schedule. For example, for shows with quite a few episodes, it's not uncommon to see 3-4 episodes of the same show in a row. Or, for shows that have much fewer episodes, it's rare to see an episode to air at all. This gets especially bad on channels I create that include Law & Order. I've seen as many as 7 episodes in a row. That is what I get too often with your "Easy" solution. Random is just... too "random". I'm just trying to get a more balanced programming schedule.

I have tried your "Complex" solution as I mentioned in response to mwkurt's suggestion. I fully expected it to work, but the problem is that, for whatever reason, the other interleaved channels don't get added. It ends up just being a "show1" channel.
RockDawg Wrote:The reason for the interleaving is because without it I tend to get an unbalanced programming schedule. For example, for shows with quite a few episodes, it's not uncommon to see 3-4 episodes of the same show in a row. Or, for shows that have much fewer episodes, it's rare to see an episode to air at all. This gets especially bad on channels I create that include Law & Order. I've seen as many as 7 episodes in a row. That is what I get too often with your "Easy" solution. Random is just... too "random". I'm just trying to get a more balanced programming schedule.

I have tried your "Complex" solution as I mentioned in response to mwkurt's suggestion. I fully expected it to work, but the problem is that, for whatever reason, the other interleaved channels don't get added. It ends up just being a "show1" channel.

Well, I can tell you that if you create a channel for each show (wither by playlist or channel rule) and setup channel interval rule for each channel you want... It will work! I have a channel setup the way you would like yours setup Smile without any problems... make sure you have the latest git ptv...

If I was you I would unhide all channels you have hidden and make sure they build correctly first...

I'm sure you mentioned before... but to save me time please give me a detailed idea of what you are trying to do and i'll give you a configuration that will work
Lunatixz Wrote:Well, I can tell you that if you create a channel for each show (wither by playlist or channel rule) and setup channel interval rule for each channel you want... It will work! I have a channel setup the way you would like yours setup Smile without any problems... make sure you have the latest git ptv...

I would think it should work, but I am trying that exact method myself and it's not working. I'm running the Latest Development Version as linked to in the OP. Is there a difference? GIT shows no new activity for 4 months.

Quote:If I was you I would unhide all channels you have hidden and make sure they build correctly first...

They build correctly because i have viewed their resulting playlist in XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\cache and they are as would be expected.

Quote:I'm sure you mentioned before... but to save me time please give me a detailed idea of what you are trying to do and i'll give you a configuration that will work

I am trying to create a channel(s) that is comprised of shows that do not have a common network or genre, only include shows I choose, and play a reasonably balanced schedule.
RockDawg Wrote:I am trying to create a channel(s) that is comprised of shows that do not have a common network or genre, only include shows I choose, and play a reasonably balanced schedule.

example:
you have three shows tv1 tv2 tv3
do not make any playlist, we will build using ptv and rules only!

channel 1 - tvshow "tv1", rules: rename channel, interval channel 2, interval channel 3.
channel 2 - tvshow "tv2", rules: do not play (select this rule after you get everything working)
channel 3 - tvshow "tv3", rules: do not play (select this rule after you get everything working)

in settings select force channel reset and let me know what happens...

I have about three other ways we can do this... but I feel this is the best way Smile

Also just a thought... If you make one playlist for each show and limit how many episodes are in the playlist...lets say 10 each show, then any random channel would have better odds of even distribution... food for thought... but no guaranties
Lunatixz Wrote:example:
you have three shows tv1 tv2 tv3
do not make any playlist, we will build using ptv and rules only!

channel 1 - tvshow "tv1", rules: rename channel, interval channel 2, interval channel 3.
channel 2 - tvshow "tv2", rules: do not play (select this rule after you get everything working)
channel 3 - tvshow "tv3", rules: do not play (select this rule after you get everything working)

in settings select force channel reset and let me know what happens...

I have about three other ways we can do this... but I feel this is the best way Smile

You can't just do that in PTV. You have to set a channel type. Either genre, network, directory, or custom playlist. Without selecting one, the channel will not be created. Select one and your channel is likely to be altered.

Quote:Also just a thought... If you make one playlist for each show and limit how many episodes are in the playlist...lets say 10 each show, then any random channel would have better odds of even distribution... food for thought... but no guaranties

I can see that, but I don't want to limit the content on my station. Interleave seems to work just fine so far.
RockDawg Wrote:You can't just do that in PTV. You have to set a channel type. Either genre, network, directory, or custom playlist.

I use this same setup for all my tv channels. I like having full control of my scheduling in that regard.

Here's what I did. Every one of my TV shows has its own channel. I started from channel 200 working my way down, and hid every channel.

Example:

Channel 200:
Channel Type: TV Show
Show - Alcatraz
Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play

Channel 199:
Show - The Simpsons

I did this until all my shows had a channel of their own.

Now that all my shows have their own channel, I can start building my channels that actually DO play.

I'll use my Channel 3 as an example. I use this as my [adult swim] channel. To make things easy, when building a channel, I pick a show to use as a "base" for building. In this case, I chose Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Channel 3:
Show: Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Now the fun of interleaving comes in.

Here are my advanced rules

Rule 1. Interleave Channel 198
Rule 1 Configuration
Interleave Another Channel
Channel Number 198
Min interleave 1 Max interleave 1

Rule 2. Interleave Channel 197
Rule 2 Configuration
Channel Number 197
Min Interleave 2 Max Interleave Count 2

So on and so forth. Each interleave I added, I increased the min/max interleave by 1.

Once you've done all this, and let it all build, Your new channel should play your shows in the order you've created the rules, and repeat itself in that order.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Jason: Using this setup I've described, I've been trying to figure out how I can inject bumpers between each of my shows that I've scheduled. Any tips?
RockDawg Wrote:You can't just do that in PTV. You have to set a channel type. Either genre, network, directory, or custom playlist. Without selecting one, the channel will not be created. Select one and your channel is likely to be altered.

After reading your post again this morning with a fresh mind, I see I misunderstood what you were saying to do. Indeed you can do that and that is exactly the way I have it setup now. It's just not working.

thumbinollie Wrote:I use this same setup for all my tv channels. I like having full control of my scheduling in that regard.

Here's what I did. Every one of my TV shows has its own channel. I started from channel 200 working my way down, and hid every channel.

Example:

Channel 200:
Show - Alcatraz

Channel 199:
Show - The Simpsons

I did this until all my shows had a channel of their own.

Now that all my shows have their own channel, I can start building my channels that actually DO play.

I'll use my Channel 3 as an example. I use this as my [adult swim] channel. To make things easy, when building a channel, I pick a show to use as a "base" for building. In this case, I chose Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Channel 3:
Show: Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Now the fun of interleaving comes in.

Here are my advanced rules

Rule 1. Interleave Channel 198
Rule 1 Configuration
Channel Number 198
Min interleave 1 Max interleave 1

Rule 2. Interleave Channel 197
Rule 2 Configuration
Channel Number 197
Min Interleave 2 Max Interleave Count 2

So on and so forth. Each interleave I added, I increased the min/max interleave by 1.

Once you've done all this, and let it all build, Your new channel should play your shows in the order you've created the rules, and repeat itself in that order.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Jason: Using this setup I've described, I've been trying to figure out how I can inject bumpers between each of my shows that I've scheduled. Any tips?

That is exactly what I'm doing now. My base channel is TV Show = Cheers with a rule to rename to 80's channel. I then gave all the other shows their own channel starting at 200 and marked them as Do Not Play. I then interleaved each channel into my Cheers base channel. But that channel only shows Cheers

Maybe I need to grab the latest GIT like Lunatixz suggested, but I have the build from Jason's latest development link in the OP. I'll look into it more when I get home. Thanks for the help.
Awsome script.
Is it possible to somehow add like a profil login and have several users?
espengaasemyr Wrote:Awsome script.
Is it possible to somehow add like a profil login and have several users?

This functionality is built directly into XBMC.

For more info, go to this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pro...r_Profiles
RockDawg Wrote:You can't just do that in PTV. You have to set a channel type. Either genre, network, directory, or custom playlist. Without selecting one, the channel will not be created. Select one and your channel is likely to be altered.

I can see that, but I don't want to limit the content on my station. Interleave seems to work just fine so far.

Sure you can do that!! You can set a tvshow within the ptv channel builder!!
what are you talking about!! Check your ptv version!!
Jason102 Wrote:Your best bet is probably a directory channel for bumpers. You may want to change the threading mode in the options to minimum so that you can see the channel being created. I just changed that to the default since full threading mode causes confusion.

Where is the setting for threading mode? I just installed latest development version and can't seem to find it.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25