• 187(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Quote:I still get the

WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

This is all XBMC. My guess has always been a video was started and those messages come up when it's waiting to hit a keyframe, but that could be totally off. Anyway, that shouldn't prevent things from working.

Quote:would it be possible to add a channel rule for logo placement?
Hmm, not sure about that one. The location of the logo is actually skin specific, so the code doesn't control that. Logo options do seem to be in high demand, though...I'll consider it.
Quote:ability to access audio settings while in PseduoTV
The default key for accessing the OSD is M. This works in PTV.
Quote:Sadly I'm unable to get PseudoTV to run here.
Does it work without channel sharing on?
Quote:I can also see that the SMB share I specified for the shared location gets a settings2.xml file. Then i copyed the settings.xml to the atvs
Why are you copying the file? Just point the ATV at the same shared location. Make sure that you use the latest stable-pre on both as the ATV won't be able to access any SMB share otherwise.
Quote:any channel that is being watched by the Windows box drops off the channel list on the Linux Server.
Please get a debug log from the linux server.
Quote:another thing I'm trying to do which I see others are struggling with is getting a channel with random content on it and then having that content still play episodes in order. I had this working with Force Random and Play in order
Don't use Force Random. That affects where in the playlist the channel starts. Use Play in Order only.
Quote:read an nfo file or some info file for files that are in directories
I've heard this request quite a bit as well. It may come at some point, but it's low on the priority list.

Merc33: Lots of good ideas that haven't been brought up before, I may do some of them.

Quote:DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
These don't affect anything right now, they can be ignored. If you're having problems, it's not because of this. Please provide a complete debug log.
Quote:on my ATV2 I get this pop up on every single launch
In settings you can change the background tasks (or whatever I called it) to full. I defaulted to minimal since full on confused a lot of people.
Quote:is there anyway to support video rss feeds yet?
I have yet to see a use for this. Perhaps someone can point me to a rss feed with interesting content?
Quote:also would be great to have music channels
True, true.
Quote:SuperTV
This is the first I've heard of that, no idea what it is.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Quote:> any channel that is being watched by the Windows box drops off the channel list on the Linux Server.
Please get a debug log from the linux server.

Will do once I get home this evening. Smile

Quote:> another thing I'm trying to do which I see others are struggling with is getting a channel with random content on it and then having that content still play episodes in order. I had this working with Force Random and Play in order.
Don't use Force Random. That affects where in the playlist the channel starts. Use Play in Order only.

Yeah, that works, but then it starts all shows from S01E01. I want them to start on a random season and ep but continue to play in order from there onwards. Force Random works great for this, but only when 1 instance is running.

Thanks for the great addon Jason and crew. Looking forward to seeing even more interesting things added. Keep up the great work. Smile
(2012-04-12, 14:42)Jason102 Wrote:
Quote:Sadly I'm unable to get PseudoTV to run here.
Does it work without channel sharing on?
Quote:I can also see that the SMB share I specified for the shared location gets a settings2.xml file. Then i copyed the settings.xml to the atvs
Why are you copying the file? Just point the ATV at the same shared location. Make sure that you use the latest stable-pre on both as the ATV won't be able to access any SMB share otherwise.
[

Hi Jason102
PseudoTv works indeed if i leave the Shared setting off (needs a fresh install of the plugin). I can start PseudoTv and it starts creating playlists.

So far i tried the following:
  • Create Channels lists locally and move the generated files and settings2.xml to the Net share. And of course specify the location in Pseudo TV
  • I tried it with SMB, write error when starting the script
  • I tried it with NFS write error when starting the script
  • I tried path substitution, write error when starting the script

So the ATVs do have full access to this Net share. The interesting part is, when I set up the channels from one of the ATVs it is able to write to the share but only once. So it seems to me that there must be a problem when loading the playlists from the netshare (locking of files already fails). Does your script handle this part differently then the channel creation process?
The cake is a lie!
I've searched through this thread a little, but 280 pages is a bit much so I'm just going to ask. I'm running v2 on Eden and I've set up several channels of single shows, of which I have the full series. What I want to happen is when I watch a show, PseudoTV keeps track of where I am in the series when I come back to it. It works if it's within a few hours, but the next day, all my shows are reset to S01E01. I have the channel reset timer turned off and everything set up the way it should be, I thought. Is there something I'm missing or is this a known issue?
FYI for those of you having problems. I'm sure someone will jump on this post but this is just my experience.I had a lot of issues running PTV on Eden, as soon as I went to the latest Dharma build before Eden everything was resolved. I had problems with files locking up and force closes (FlipPage error) with certain files and codecs, I tried every possible setting when I was using Eden and nothing worked. I uninstalled and went to Dharma and tested the exact same files with PTV and everything worked perfect. I even noticed the menu was a lot smoother and changing channels was more responsive and cleaner. Again, this is just my experience and I'm sure yours will vary, but if you don't have a real need for some of the upgrades in Eden go with Dharma.
(2012-04-12, 21:22)sentry07 Wrote: I've searched through this thread a little, but 280 pages is a bit much so I'm just going to ask. I'm running v2 on Eden and I've set up several channels of single shows, of which I have the full series. What I want to happen is when I watch a show, PseudoTV keeps track of where I am in the series when I come back to it. It works if it's within a few hours, but the next day, all my shows are reset to S01E01. I have the channel reset timer turned off and everything set up the way it should be, I thought. Is there something I'm missing or is this a known issue?

You ask us if there is something you are missing without giving any details to what you have done or settings you have made. Tell us what settings you have for your show channels and for Pseudo itself. It does work as you suggest it should so it has to be something you have set wrong.

Mark

Hi Jason102! (and everyone else)

I've been told about this addon as it might do what I'm hoping to do... So I'll ask if it is possible and what configurations options I need to do it...

I want all my channels to play in order of unwatched (xbmc video unwatched marker) video. The tv shows would be randomised, but the sequence of episodes from the each specific tv show would be in order. Is that possible?

Also, since they are running in order, I'd like the video to no continue to play when i'm not watching the channel. In other words, the channel that is currently selected is the only one progressing through time. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Looks like a great addon btw!
(2012-04-13, 16:00)myrlar Wrote: Hi Jason102! (and everyone else)

I've been told about this addon as it might do what I'm hoping to do... So I'll ask if it is possible and what configurations options I need to do it...

I want all my channels to play in order of unwatched (xbmc video unwatched marker) video. The tv shows would be randomised, but the sequence of episodes from the each specific tv show would be in order. Is that possible?

Also, since they are running in order, I'd like the video to no continue to play when i'm not watching the channel. In other words, the channel that is currently selected is the only one progressing through time. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Yes..it can do what you want. Please go to this page http://pseudo-tv.blogspot.com/ and look at the channel rules Jason has implemented. Give it a go and let us know how it goes for you. If you need further help, let us know.

Basically you will use these rules "Only play unwatched shows", "Play shows in order", "Always Keep Paused" and "Resume". You can make the channels based on genre, TV Studio or make a playlist containing specific shows to include. There are other selections but I find these to be more than enough. The only problem that some folks have with this is that when one or more shows has many more episodes than other shows. You may end up seeing more of one show in a row than you would like...but there are some ways around that as well.

Mark

Maybe I'm not being patient enough, but it seems like PseudoTV isn't adding new episodes to it. Like, I have a Comedy Central channel and I started downloading some Colbert Report & Daily Show to give the channel more variety (cause it's South Park > South Park > Workaholics > South Park allllllllll through the channel listing), but those new shows are hardly showing up. They ARE showing up, but maybe once a day in the channel listings. I'm not even sure if they are showing up without me manually refreshing the channel list. I've got Background Updating on.

I'm about to create a channel that's only the 5 latest episodes of Daily Show, Colbert Report, and Attack of the Show. I want this channel to be up to date on PseudoTV as I add new shows to it and delete old ones on almost a bi-weekly basis.
(2012-03-29, 19:09)Jason102 Wrote:
Quote:would it be possible to add a rule that allowed specific MPAA rating groups (as in if TV Show is TV-14 or TV-MA) between certain times?

This would ideally be done in a playlist and then inserted into the channel using scheduling. The biggest problem is that I don't care about times that shows play except for scheduling, so it would be pretty difficult to get that to work.

Hi Jason - I've been thinking about this further. Would it be possible to implement a way to schedule another channel to take over..... let me explain - lets say I have 2 channels. Channel 1 and Channel 2. Channel 1 plays a playlist of family friendly stuff. Channel 2 plays a playlist of more grown up content and is hidden. So I'd apply a rule to Channel 1, that at 8 in the evening, the Channel 2 content comes in. Not interleaves, but completely takes over, taking with it all Channel 2's rules (except the hidden one Smile. The rule parameters could also specify a time that this 'take over' ends.

I think this could have multiple applications. Would it be possible?
For people with a Harmony Remote who want to use the video/audio settings, i use 'F4' which brings up the weather and the V/A settings menu at the same time in PTV. You'll need to use 'guide' to close the weather menu and then 'menu' to close the V/A settings menu. Not perfect but at least you can access video/audio settings.

Unless there's another way to map the 'm' key somehow, i couldn't see any answers in the thread.

The Mac sound issue isn't so much of a problem when it's plugged into my amp via optical, the sound still pops but it doesn't cut out at all which makes it usable if slightly annoying still.

Is it possible to have a movie play on a channel every day at a certain time? I tried 'best schedule but it didn't work, im assuming this is only for episodes as it asks for the episode number.
I can't get a script to work. How would I make a script that:

Fetches 25 episodes
- Must be within the past 2 weeks (so only new stuff is on it)
- Excludes The Colbert Report
- Excludes Attack of the Show

I can't get the excluding stuff to work.

Also, I made a playlist to air only certain TV shows on a channel. But, when I use it in action, it's the only channel that doesn't list the metadata for the episodes, just the file name.
create a smart playlist?
(2012-04-13, 17:42)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 16:00)myrlar Wrote: Hi Jason102! (and everyone else)

Thanks!

Yes..it can do what you want. Please go to this page http://pseudo-tv.blogspot.com/ and look at the channel rules Jason has implemented. Give it a go and let us know how it goes for you. If you need further help, let us know.

Basically you will use these rules "Only play unwatched shows", "Play shows in order", "Always Keep Paused" and "Resume". You can make the channels based on genre, TV Studio or make a playlist containing specific shows to include. There are other selections but I find these to be more than enough. The only problem that some folks have with this is that when one or more shows has many more episodes than other shows. You may end up seeing more of one show in a row than you would like...but there are some ways around that as well.

Mark

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Edit: found the settings and it is now doing what I wanted. Thanks for your help!

You are right about a tv show eps stringing together... What are some of the ways I can try to stop eps from the same tv series from showing one after the other?
So I've recently found out about this addon. Wow it's a great idea! The sad part is that I seem to be having problems when I have videos on smb directories Sad I'm using the latest eden and pseudotv versions, with no luck.

At any rate, I decided to change my network shares to mapped drives, and then link them in xbmc that way. Seems to have done the trick!

Has anybody else had the same problems with smb based videos?
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25