• 191(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-04-21, 15:16)EZ1976 Wrote: for all those who get the "directory" option stuck.
i had it when the folders (or one of the subfolders) was in foreign language (mine was hebrew).
as soon as i changed the folder name to english it worked (didnt change the filenames. still in hebrew).

mine are already in English Sad

Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Well i've just ruined all my Sky Movies HD channels by putting my movies into individual folders, meaning using path to an e.g. 'crime & thriller' folder draws a blank because i assume there is now other folders within that folder.

I want all movies with genres crime and/or thriller and only 720p resolution.

I try to create a playlist with the rules genre is crime, genre is thriller, resolution is 720p and choose all rules, obviously it misses all files that only have one of crime or thriller.

I choose one or more rules and it gives me those files but also every film that is 720p regardless of genre.

Am i going about it the wrong way or is it not possible?
I found PseudoTV recently and I must say, this is potentially the best add-on I have. I have made a few custom channels, but I came up with a few questions on how to create better stations :

1.) Can I schedule programs or 'events' into my channels? In other words, can I set a schedule such as a certain show at a certain time every night, or friday in movie day etc? and if so how?

2.) Can I Do anything to balance my TV stations? If I want to include random episodes of say 4 TV shows on one channel, but one of those shows has more episodes than the other 3 combined, can I make the other shows a little more likely to show up in the rotation?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

PS. - I re-posted this here since I thought I might get better response. If that is against the rules I apologize and ask the mods to remove either or both threads if necessary.
(2012-04-21, 20:20)jelly Wrote: Well i've just ruined all my Sky Movies HD channels by putting my movies into individual folders, meaning using path to an e.g. 'crime & thriller' folder draws a blank because i assume there is now other folders within that folder.

I want all movies with genres crime and/or thriller and only 720p resolution.

I try to create a playlist with the rules genre is crime, genre is thriller, resolution is 720p and choose all rules, obviously it misses all files that only have one of crime or thriller.

I choose one or more rules and it gives me those files but also every film that is 720p regardless of genre.

Am i going about it the wrong way or is it not possible?

You'll want to change genre is crime / thriller to genre contains crime / thriller. That should hopefully get things working for you.

(2012-04-23, 08:20)Sranshaft Wrote: You'll want to change genre is crime / thriller to genre contains crime / thriller. That should hopefully get things working for you.

You'd think that would work but again 'all rules' means it still only gives results that contain both crime and thriller and 'one or more' gives all 720p movies.

I've resorted to going through and changing genres of a lot of films and roughly got it how i want.

I've had another idea though, make two playlists one with crime 720p and another with thriller 720p and then interleave them, i think i'll leave it as it is for now.

Can you set any of the channels to show an internet (rtsp/rtmp) stream?
(2012-04-23, 17:42)jelly Wrote:
(2012-04-23, 08:20)Sranshaft Wrote: You'll want to change genre is crime / thriller to genre contains crime / thriller. That should hopefully get things working for you.

You'd think that would work but again 'all rules' means it still only gives results that contain both crime and thriller and 'one or more' gives all 720p movies.

I've resorted to going through and changing genres of a lot of films and roughly got it how i want.

I've had another idea though, make two playlists one with crime 720p and another with thriller 720p and then interleave them, i think i'll leave it as it is for now.

This is what I did - similar situation

Make a playlist call is Crime/Thriller Base
- Genre is Crime
- Genre is Thriller
- Must match one rule
Then a new playlist called Crime/Thriller HD
- Playlist is Crime\Thriller Base
- Video Resolution is greater than 719
- Must match all rules
Then if you wanted to make a Standard def version of the same channel
- Playlist is Crime\Thriller Base
- Video Resolution is less than 719
- Must match all rules

Hope that works and helps, it did for me, when you put a playlist into a playlist, just add the playlist name not the extension.. hope that makes sense.

(2012-04-25, 11:30)FDorsey Wrote: Hope that works and helps, it did for me, when you put a playlist into a playlist, just add the playlist name not the extension.. hope that makes sense.

Yeah that seems to be what i want, thanks. I think cleaning up the genres a bit was worth it as some movies have way to many, I'll be moving my stuff onto a bigger HDD at some point so i'll then use your method.

Has anyone had PseudoTV freeze during the channel building stage when first starting it?

After some checking of the xbmc log file it seemed to freeze on a certain episode of Scrubs each time. It seems that it didnt like the characters used for the word "Déjà vu". When I removed the episode from the library the scan then continued on until it hit another episode name that had similar characters. Is there any way to fix this?

Also could this issue be coming up because I'm using a mysql centralized database?
Is there anywhere I can find out how to edit channels via code? Like, I'm using this for 90's TV:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>get-50-1990s-episodes</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="airdate" operator="after">1989-12-31</rule>
<rule field="airdate" operator="before">2000-01-01</rule>
<limit>50</limit>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

But, I want it to have a different TV show after another like Friends > Seinfeld > Rocko's Modern Life > Freaks & Geeks instead of Friends > Friends > Friends > Seinfeld.

I can't find a legend or anything to go off of to write this code. That's all I need, I can do the rest. It just seems like everywhere I go, you're just expected to already know how to do all of this.,
i am using Milkman's pdf/files and maybe i'm blind or something but i don't know where to add his channel setup.xlsx file so i can have a setup like his
That file is just his excel spreadsheet, so he can keep track of his channel layout. You will have to create your own channels based on that file if you want to match his setup. I believe he has included some of his playlist files that correspond to the spreadsheet. Alot of his channels are based on networks and directories.
(2012-04-26, 19:24)boccman Wrote: That file is just his excel spreadsheet, so he can keep track of his channel layout. You will have to create your own channels based on that file if you want to match his setup. I believe he has included some of his playlist files that correspond to the spreadsheet. Alot of his channels are based on networks and directories.

thanks for your help. i have another question maybe you could answer.

i'm trying do work with the PseudoTV Network Manager and each time i try to add something i get this error....

couldn't create the file!c:\users\htpc\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\script.pseudotv\channels\none.txt
Im not sure. Ive never tried that program. I will mess around with it when i get home..but have you installed the dependencies? maybe thats your issue?
(2012-04-26, 20:19)boccman Wrote: Im not sure. Ive never tried that program. I will mess around with it when i get home..but have you installed the dependencies? maybe thats your issue?

yeah maybe. what are dependencies?
  • 191(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25