• 193(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-05-03, 11:54)Keeper Wrote: I'm trying to hide the seekbar in PseudoTV on the ReFOCUS Skin (0.9.5) - are there any smart guys out there that can help?

Here is the contents of the DialogSeekBar.xml file:
http://tinypaste.com/3d39162d

If you want to hide the whole thing just add + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml) to the string of visible conditions at the top of the xml.

If you want to be a bit more selective you could copy the whole control group and paste it below the original, give the original control group a visible condition of <visible>!Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)</visible> and the copy give the opposite <visible>Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)</visible> then delete the controls that you don't want to show up in PseudoTV in the copy.

Hope that made sense. Smile
Is there a better place to get more support for PseudoTV? I've posted a handful of questions in this thread and they just go ignored. I have a very capable machine (AMD 3.2 GHz x4 Quad Core, 8 GB ram, 4 TBs in space with a Radeon 4500 graphics card) and PseudoTV just isn't as reliable as it should. My video eventually starts stuttering a little once I change channels a few times (which is then lead by the audio falling out of sync and then the audio slowing to where people speaking in the videos are several decibels lower than normal). This is very troublesome and means I have to restart PseudoTV several times while using it (usually every few channel changes).

PseudoTV is practically unusable.

There's no reason with my computer's hardware & power that I should be having these problems. The TV shows and movies are even stored locally on this computer, not on a NAS.
(2012-05-04, 23:50)-89- Wrote: Is there a better place to get more support for PseudoTV? I've posted a handful of questions in this thread and they just go ignored. I have a very capable machine (AMD 3.2 GHz x4 Quad Core, 8 GB ram, 4 TBs in space with a Radeon 4500 graphics card) and PseudoTV just isn't as reliable as it should. My video eventually starts stuttering a little once I change channels a few times (which is then lead by the audio falling out of sync and then the audio slowing to where people speaking in the videos are several decibels lower than normal). This is very troublesome and means I have to restart PseudoTV several times while using it (usually every few channel changes).

There's no reason with my computer's hardware & power that I should be having these problems. The TV shows and movies are even stored locally on this computer, not on a NAS.

This is going to be the best place for support.

Are you running Eden? From what the developer has said in the past, it sounds like some things changed from Dharma to Eden that prevent PseudoTV from doing certain things as smoothly as it once did. Perhaps try a Dharma installation and see if that fixes a few of your stuttering issues. Also, looking back at a few of your questions, it seems some of them are very specific channel set-ups that most likely require some creative use of the rules within PseudoTV and playlists.

To my knowledge, it's just one person doing the development for this plugin as well as any "official support". People get busy.

(2012-05-04, 23:50)-89- Wrote: Is there a better place to get more support for PseudoTV? I've posted a handful of questions in this thread and they just go ignored. I have a very capable machine (AMD 3.2 GHz x4 Quad Core, 8 GB ram, 4 TBs in space with a Radeon 4500 graphics card) and PseudoTV just isn't as reliable as it should. My video eventually starts stuttering a little once I change channels a few times (which is then lead by the audio falling out of sync and then the audio slowing to where people speaking in the videos are several decibels lower than normal). This is very troublesome and means I have to restart PseudoTV several times while using it (usually every few channel changes).

I'm on a much lower spec running Eden and I don't have any of these issues on PTV. Most of my content is standard def though, I wonder if you're dealing with mostly high def, maybe it could cause some issues? I have 90% of my content sitting on a Windows Home Server too.
(2012-05-05, 09:50)Daavid Wrote:

I'm on a much lower spec running Eden and I don't have any of these issues on PTV. Most of my content is standard def though, I wonder if you're dealing with mostly high def, maybe it could cause some issues? I have 90% of my content sitting on a Windows Home Server too.

Daavid,

I wonder if you could tell me, since you are running Eden? Is there much a performance difference using PseudoTV between Dharma and Eden? I am mainly concerned about the slow EPG issue. Has this been pretty much alleviated with the latest PTV build? I would like to move on to Eden but will not if PTV has abig performance hit. What do you think?

Mark
Hi Mark - There is still a little slow down in the epg, but honestly nothing to bad. I can certainly live with it.
If you have another laptop or something you could test run it on, maybe do that first if you're unsure, but for me its fine.
I have recently invested some time in playing with PseudoTV and I am enjoying it. There is, however, something I wish it would do that I simply cannot seem to get working properly: I would like it to randomise content in the same fashion it already does, with one small exception: if ever a television episode is part of multi-part story arc, I would like all parts to be bunched together.

Say, for example, I am watching Doctor Who, the second last episode in a series. They are usually the first part of a two part finale - that means I would like the second part to play directly after the first.

Is this at all possible and, if not, can it be implemented?

Edit: if you use theTVDB as your scraper, all such episodes will have helpful part numbers in the end of their names. For example, S01E12 Bad Wolf (1) followed by S01E13 The Parting of the Ways (2).
(2012-05-05, 08:16)nlash Wrote:

This is going to be the best place for support.

Are you running Eden? From what the developer has said in the past, it sounds like some things changed from Dharma to Eden that prevent PseudoTV from doing certain things as smoothly as it once did. Perhaps try a Dharma installation and see if that fixes a few of your stuttering issues. Also, looking back at a few of your questions, it seems some of them are very specific channel set-ups that most likely require some creative use of the rules within PseudoTV and playlists.

To my knowledge, it's just one person doing the development for this plugin as well as any "official support". People get busy.
I wasn't aware that it was only one person that is doing the development for this plugin. I am on 11.0 Eden, not a nightly or anything. I do have a mixture of SD & HD content that it flips through which might not help it a lot. I'll have to try out Dharma. I hate downgrading, but if it fixes PseudoTV, I probably won't miss the new features much.

Also, it took me a couple of weeks, but I finally got a good grasp of how to make effective video playlists and do everything I've been asking how to do as far as channel set up goes. I just need a smoother experience actually running the thing.
I installed PseudoTV but when I open it I get this error, "Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels." So, how would I have fix this? I'm totally new to this apple tv.
I am also getting a "stuttuer/slow-down" on certain videos - I read somewhere that it is audio related, in the AVI file itself..

..apparently there is a setting in XBMC that will fix this problem.... anyone know anything of this?
You could also try turning the background updating completely off to see if that helps with stuttering. It'll slow startup time, but may help with speed issues.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Hi Jason, while you're online, just wondering, are there any updates coming for ptv? If so I was wondering if you'd let us know what might be coming? Cheers.
Honestly, not anytime soon. I started a new job a few months ago and have become increasingly busy with it. I'm fine with fixing bugs (one was reported recently with the channel config crashing, the log file tells me where it is) but I don't have much time at the moment beyond that. I'm hoping that it won't be long before I can put a bit more time into this, I just can't say exactly when that will be.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Good for you! Hope the new job goes well.
You know from the countless thaniks on this thread that your plugin is one of the best for XBMC - hard to believe it was something done in one guys own time!
When ever we get you from time to time it'll be great, but until then, enjoy the new job! Cheers Jason.
(2012-05-07, 16:35)Daavid Wrote: Good for you! Hope the new job goes well.
You know from the countless thaniks on this thread that your plugin is one of the best for XBMC - hard to believe it was something done in one guys own time!
When ever we get you from time to time it'll be great, but until then, enjoy the new job! Cheers Jason.

Agreed.

While the its function may not be needed by everyone, I'd argue it's the marquee plugin for XBMC.

• 193(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25