• 253(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-02-01, 09:36)rd1979 Wrote: That's actually really beyond the scope/responsibility of PseudoTV, but there are two things you can do to:

1. Go to Settings, Appearance, and then International. There you can set the default language audio/subtitle to play for most things.

2. If you want a more fine-tuned option, based on certain conditions, then This Plugin should do the trick.

I haven't tried #2 yet, but it looks like it works well, and more features/tuning to come.

Thanks!!! Solution 1 works for me in Frodo, but it looks like I'm out of luck in Eden.
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
First of all, thanks again for the continuous support of this wonderful plugin. After upgrading to Frodo using the DSPlayer build and the stable-pre release of PTV, an error message saying that the script failed keep on appearing whenever I try to launch PTV. Any ideas as on why this is happening?
I updated to the newest stable-pre tonight and noticed a bug. Basically if I choose to interleave a channel within another channel and also choose to hide very short videos (I imagine this is a common way to add bumpers) that this seems to cause my EPG to be way off. Sometimes over an hour off to be exact. If I allow the very short videos to be shown on the EPG then everything lines up correctly, but the second I choose to hide them everything goes back to being screwed up. I'm not sure if there is more to this problem then what I've noticed, but maybe this will help. Also the info is still getting cut off on both the EPG and TV Overlay but it's a lot less noticeable on the newest stable-pre. It seems that the period at the end of the last sentence is all that is still getting cut off. Hopefully these two bugs are fixable. Either way, this is the best addon for XBMC, and I appreciate all the work that's gone into it.
(2013-02-02, 09:42)ARYEZ Wrote: I updated to the newest stable-pre tonight and noticed a bug. Basically if I choose to interleave a channel within another channel and also choose to hide very short videos (I imagine this is a common way to add bumpers) that this seems to cause my EPG to be way off. Sometimes over an hour off to be exact. If I allow the very short videos to be shown on the EPG then everything lines up correctly, but the second I choose to hide them everything goes back to being screwed up. I'm not sure if there is more to this problem then what I've noticed, but maybe this will help. Also the info is still getting cut off on both the EPG and TV Overlay but it's a lot less noticeable on the newest stable-pre. It seems that the period at the end of the last sentence is all that is still getting cut off. Hopefully these two bugs are fixable. Either way, this is the best addon for XBMC, and I appreciate all the work that's gone into it.

i have another issue similar to this
i had the HD Trailer downloader download new trailers to a directory.
i set up this directory as channel 1 - that way i have a channel with all the latest trailers and i integrate them between movies and tv shows.
now if i select to hide short videos it also hides the content of channel 1 but it still leaves it in the EPG. so i see a long black strip.
when i move to that channel via epg it kicks me out of the EPG and wont let me back until i restart the plugin.

so i am trying to arrange a channel with videos that i choose to hide.
is therer a way to add an exclusion as a rule? or hide a channel but still hae access to it?
(2013-01-31, 04:53)Jason102 Wrote: EZ1976: I have no idea. I'll mess with playlists on my system (when I get a chance) and see if I can reproduce it.

Jdoggvt: make sure you have the latest stable-pre. Once I am happy with the stability in Frodo (not quite there yet) then I'll release to the official repo again.

RockDawg: smb shares are pretty sketchy right now. Frodo added a virtual file system that plugins can use, which makes reading much simpler. Writing, on the other hand, is still not great. I may experiment a bit more with it, but right now my only option is a python library which...only works sometimes.

hi jason
i have rescraped my entire database. scraped it usinh the build in scraper and ember media manager.
it worked for 2 days and now it crashes again.
i thought it was because of the hebrew movie info but now i am on all english.
i changed all playlists to movie genre but i see that ptv creates a playlist to populate the channels and crashes again.

again the drama channel and the playlist for movies before 2000 (the playlist for movies after2000 works).
i am sure it has to do with not being able to read from the database (mysql) but where?
any away to read from the log what causes it to crash?
any way i can read the xbmc crash log?
thanks
(2013-02-02, 16:20)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 09:42)ARYEZ Wrote: I updated to the newest stable-pre tonight and noticed a bug. Basically if I choose to interleave a channel within another channel and also choose to hide very short videos (I imagine this is a common way to add bumpers) that this seems to cause my EPG to be way off. Sometimes over an hour off to be exact. If I allow the very short videos to be shown on the EPG then everything lines up correctly, but the second I choose to hide them everything goes back to being screwed up. I'm not sure if there is more to this problem then what I've noticed, but maybe this will help. Also the info is still getting cut off on both the EPG and TV Overlay but it's a lot less noticeable on the newest stable-pre. It seems that the period at the end of the last sentence is all that is still getting cut off. Hopefully these two bugs are fixable. Either way, this is the best addon for XBMC, and I appreciate all the work that's gone into it.

i have another issue similar to this
i had the HD Trailer downloader download new trailers to a directory.
i set up this directory as channel 1 - that way i have a channel with all the latest trailers and i integrate them between movies and tv shows.
now if i select to hide short videos it also hides the content of channel 1 but it still leaves it in the EPG. so i see a long black strip.
when i move to that channel via epg it kicks me out of the EPG and wont let me back until i restart the plugin.

so i am trying to arrange a channel with videos that i choose to hide.
is therer a way to add an exclusion as a rule? or hide a channel but still hae access to it?

I actually dealt with your situation recently. The problem you are having is that the channel you made consists entirely of videos that fallen under the "hide very short videos" rule. Because of that the epg listing for that channel appears blank (all the videos are there, just hidden) so when you try to scroll the epg to that channel, it kicks you out of PTV. The fix I found was to go into the channel manager and add the rule "do not play this channel" so that it will no longer appear in the EPG and cause problems. FWIW I think the "hide very short videos" rule is really best used for interleaving bumpers, so normally you wouldn't want to watch a bumpers channel, which is why I imagine the EPG doesn't handle these kinds of channels well, simply because they are usually hidden.

(2013-02-02, 04:02)aptalca Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 03:52)aptalca Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 03:46)RockDawg Wrote: Does anybody have channel sharing working properly? I can't seem to get it to work. I enabled channel sharing in the PTV config, created the folder '\PTV shared channels' on my NAS and set it up as a share with public access and I set that path under the shared channel config for PTV, but I get a bunch of errors in my log and the only thing created in the shared channel folder is settings2.xml. I am running the latest Stable-pre from git (downloaded .zip) that I downloaded today.

Here is the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31441

Same problem here. I am using the latest stable pre on frodo

on the smb share, only the settings2.xml file is created, so the two boxes are using the same channel structure, however there is no cache folder, so the channels are not in sync

After I manually copied the cache folder and both settings files, the boxes are in sync

I guess the problem is that when channel sharing is first turned on, the cache folder is not copied over to it.

But are subsequent changes saved. I think you'll have to copy the cache back every time you make a change.

ok, this is the problem i am having. Icannot only gt certain files play under directory channels. i would like to know if there is a certain way i should have the folders labeled, the files labeled, should the files have a certain attribute, or wht is the problem here? these files consist of short films, dvd extras, and other various shorts tv shows or films that will not scrape but i would like for to show up in this add on. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi guys!
First off, thank you very much for PseudoTV! Probably an addon that would make my dream of a TVpc (my definition of a user-defined TV set-top) come true. But there are hiccups.

1. Why do directory channels not play in sequence the files within the directory (or if there are any ways to set that that I'm not aware of [Play TV shows in order does not seem to work])?

2. Is there a way to boot or automatically go to PseudoTV on startup? (There's a simple and straightforward guide to booting straight to XBMC)
(2013-01-31, 04:53)Jason102 Wrote: EZ1976: I have no idea. I'll mess with playlists on my system (when I get a chance) and see if I can reproduce it.

Jdoggvt: make sure you have the latest stable-pre. Once I am happy with the stability in Frodo (not quite there yet) then I'll release to the official repo again.

RockDawg: smb shares are pretty sketchy right now. Frodo added a virtual file system that plugins can use, which makes reading much simpler. Writing, on the other hand, is still not great. I may experiment a bit more with it, but right now my only option is a python library which...only works sometimes.

hi
found the problem. after adding groups of 50 movies to the library, scanning and checking PTV i found out it crashes when adding movies wqith m2ts extension.
(2013-02-03, 09:15)wobohohoho Wrote: Hi guys!
First off, thank you very much for PseudoTV! Probably an addon that would make my dream of a TVpc (my definition of a user-defined TV set-top) come true. But there are hiccups.

1. Why do directory channels not play in sequence the files within the directory (or if there are any ways to set that that I'm not aware of [Play TV shows in order does not seem to work])?

2. Is there a way to boot or automatically go to PseudoTV on startup? (There's a simple and straightforward guide to booting straight to XBMC)

Hello,

1. Directory channels do not play in order because they are not scraped into XBMC. There is no way for PTV to know what should come before what.

2. Don't know if this still works on whatever version of XBMC you are using, but you can try what I described in this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid984585

Mark
Quite a lot of video files don't seem to show up if I use the directory option, anyone else getting this?

Like if I have one directory linked, it plays about 2 videos out of the 30 in there on loop, while on another channel, it doesn't even show up
I'm using the development version, frodo, vista 32 an PTV fails at 14% every time. The log only has this:

Quote:15:46:22 T:3796 ERROR: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-85aa0e6\resources\lib\Overlay.py:70: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
15:46:22 T:3796 ERROR: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-85aa0e6\resources\lib\Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
15:46:35 T:4128 NOTICE: Service: 32550 actors took 28.426000118255615

Any idea what to try to get it to work?

tia
I've encountered an issue running the latest stable-pre PsuedoTV version on release Frodo. I've setup a few TV genre and Movie genre channels. When PseudoTV tries to populate the movie genre based channels, XBMC crashes every time. Based on XBMC log, PsuedoTV crashes each time it tries to read my LOTRO movies. My version of LOTRO is split into two files.

The error in the log shows this when it crashes:

Code:
13:21:09 T:5040 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://smb://DISKARRAY/POOLED/Movies/The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003)/The.Return.of.the.King.2003.Extended.Edition.Part1.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA6.1.AVC.REMUX.mkv , smb://DISKARRAY/POOLED/Movies/The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003)/The.Return.of.the.King.2003.Extended.Edition.Part2.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA6.1.AVC.REMUX.mkv

XBMC has no issues playing these files. Can PsuedoTV handle parsing movies that contain two files? Has anyone else run into a similar problem?
(2013-02-04, 20:40)justincase102 Wrote: I've encountered an issue running the latest stable-pre PsuedoTV version on release Frodo. I've setup a few TV genre and Movie genre channels. When PseudoTV tries to populate the movie genre based channels, XBMC crashes every time. Based on XBMC log, PsuedoTV crashes each time it tries to read my LOTRO movies. My version of LOTRO is split into two files.

The error in the log shows this when it crashes:

Code:
13:21:09 T:5040 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://smb://DISKARRAY/POOLED/Movies/The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003)/The.Return.of.the.King.2003.Extended.Edition.Part1.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA6.1.AVC.REMUX.mkv , smb://DISKARRAY/POOLED/Movies/The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003)/The.Return.of.the.King.2003.Extended.Edition.Part2.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA6.1.AVC.REMUX.mkv

XBMC has no issues playing these files. Can PsuedoTV handle parsing movies that contain two files? Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

Yes, I am, I sent Jason a log for something else, that also shows errors for movies that are cut up into two or more files.
  • 253(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25