• 322(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2014-03-09, 11:24)manujosephv Wrote: Sorry about that.. I have posted excerpts from the log for what i think is relevant.. If u need the entire log file just tell me.. ill upload it somewhere..

You're using the version for Eden. Use the newest version instead; http://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/...stable-pre
So I'm really confused on how the advanced channel rules are supposed to work.

I want a specific channel to do a couple of things:

1. Have the list of shows randomized so that the queue of shows will be different in each slot (i.e Show A, Show D, Show B, Show C etc). I think I've done this properly by setting my smart playlist to order it randomly right?

2. I also want the episode order of each show to start from the very first episode and then increment in order e.g. Show A starts at episode 1 and then the next time Show A is set to play, episode 2 will start.

That 2nd point is where I think I'm having problems. From what I understand, 'Even Show Distribution' is supposed to mean that a show can only queue the maximum number of episodes specified in the rule before another show will be queued in right? On top of that, 'Play shows in order' is supposed to do pretty much what is needed to accomplish the 2nd point. I had both of these rules set up in a specific channel but when I did a reset and launched the addon, shows still weren't being queued properly at all. Am I doing something wrong? Does the order of the rules make any difference?
(2014-03-09, 11:44)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 11:24)manujosephv Wrote: Sorry about that.. I have posted excerpts from the log for what i think is relevant.. If u need the entire log file just tell me.. ill upload it somewhere..

You're using the version for Eden. Use the newest version instead; http://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/...stable-pre

Damn!!,, thats dumb... even for my standards..Big Grin anyways thanks a lot.. Smile
*back to channel surfing on my videos*
So I'm still fiddling around with my problem.

It seems like advanced channel rules don't work at all with my smart playlists. I tried experimenting with one of the default stations and it the rules seemed to work perfectly fine.

Do smart playlists just not work at all with PseudoTV? Should I just make my stations entirely through PseudoTV?
(2014-03-10, 06:30)fluffman Wrote: So I'm still fiddling around with my problem.

It seems like advanced channel rules don't work at all with my smart playlists. I tried experimenting with one of the default stations and it the rules seemed to work perfectly fine.

Do smart playlists just not work at all with PseudoTV? Should I just make my stations entirely through PseudoTV?

They work perfectly fine for me. Make sure the smart playlist type is episodes and not tv shows.
(2014-03-10, 06:55)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 06:30)fluffman Wrote: So I'm still fiddling around with my problem.

They work perfectly fine for me. Make sure the smart playlist type is episodes and not tv shows.

Thanks! That definitely fixed it. Glad it was such an easy fix. Now to fix up the mess I made by mixing the default settings for Ember Media Manager with Pseudo TV's EPG.
The Pseudo is stuck on the same episode never changes as far as TV shows goes any idea why when scrolling in the TV guide? Movie channels do not have this issue. Is there a setting I need to change? It used to work perfect, Example House MD 1x01 will stay display forever I can't scroll and see another shows.' The movies channels I can scroll and see what movies is coming up.

However if I watch a TV show when over it changes to another so I have no idea why the TV Guide when I hit enter is screwed up.
(2014-03-28, 06:57)Randall Lind Wrote: The Pseudo is stuck on the same episode never changes as far as TV shows goes any idea why when scrolling in the TV guide? Movie channels do not have this issue. Is there a setting I need to change? It used to work perfect, Example House MD 1x01 will stay display forever I can't scroll and see another shows.' The movies channels I can scroll and see what movies is coming up.

However if I watch a TV show when over it changes to another so I have no idea why the TV Guide when I hit enter is screwed up.

it sounds like you have it set to pause when not watching.
How do I change this? It installed like that. I have no rules set for channels I uninstalled and reinstall. Thank you for any help.
(2014-03-29, 01:56)Randall Lind Wrote: How do I change this? It installed like that. I have no rules set for channels I uninstalled and reinstall. Thank you for any help.

Uninstalling and reinstalling wont change your user-defined preferences for it. Try deleting the "script.pseudotv" folder in your userdata/addon_data folder. If you still have issues it may be something else.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
That is not the issue causing TV Guide to not show other shows. I think it might be something with Windows 7 64bit. My other laptop had 32bit before it died.

Then again Movie channels doesn't have this issue I can scroll the TV Guide and see up coming movies. It like the TV Guide can't populate a list of TV Shows correctly to show.
(2014-03-29, 18:17)Randall Lind Wrote: That is not the issue causing TV Guide to not show other shows. I think it might be something with Windows 7 64bit. My other laptop had 32bit before it died.

Then again Movie channels doesn't have this issue I can scroll the TV Guide and see up coming movies. It like the TV Guide can't populate a list of TV Shows correctly to show.

Its not 64 vs 32 bit. If you dont just have them set to pause when not watching then almost definitely the issue is the runtime of your tvshows is incorrect. Did you use ember media manager? There is a version of if (i dont know if it got fixed) that makes nfo files with a <runtime> tag in seconds but it is supposed to be minutes.

Try scrolling really far to the right on one of your shows, and if you can get to another episode then its just their <runtime> tags are wrong, and ridiculously huge.
Spanktastic so how would I fix runtime tags for 186 shows? I am using Ember 1.3.2.0 this sounds like it may be the issue.
(2014-03-30, 00:45)Randall Lind Wrote: Spanktastic so how would I fix runtime tags for 186 shows? I am using Ember 1.3.2.0 this sounds like it may be the issue.

The only way i know of is to delete all the nfos and rescan everything. Either that or write a script to go into every nfo and replace the runtime tag with its value divided by 60.

Try googling for other PTV users affected by EMM's runtime issue and see how they resolved it. A good place to start would probably be by searching this thread for "EMM" or "ember".
Thank You!! For the last 7 months or so this has ticked me off as it is one of my favorite app next to Mashup. Now everything is back to normal!!
  • 322(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25