Help needed with web interface
Question 
I've been trying to use the web interface, both default and xwmm. Each time I point my browser to http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx I get the message:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The web interface is enabled and selected in network settings. Allow control of xbmc via http is checked. Port has been set to 80, then I tried 235. Allow programs on this system to control xbmc is checked.

Have I missed something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
try a port > 1024.
Windows shouldn't care about protected ports.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Ports higher than 1024 don't work either. Do I have to be on a different computer?
Is it enabled in network settings?
Code:
darkscout Wrote:Is it enabled in network settings?
Yes.

edit: what exactly do you mean?
Bumping this in the hope of help as I've still not got it working. Just to repeat my earlier question, will this work from the PC that XBMC is installed on or do I need to be on a different machine? Also, does XBMC have to be running when I try to connect to the page?
Yes XBMC has to be running if you are expecting to connect to it in any way.

Just to clarify how you are connecting:
My port is set to 8090. My IP for that PC is 192.168.0.4. To connect to it I go to 192.168.0.4:8090. Is that similar to what you are typing in the browser?
Have you enabled the webserver is what I mean.
Code:
Try disabling any and all firewalls you may have...
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
kricker Wrote:Yes XBMC has to be running if you are expecting to connect to it in any way.

Just to clarify how you are connecting:
My port is set to 8090. My IP for that PC is 192.168.0.4. To connect to it I go to 192.168.0.4:8090. Is that similar to what you are typing in the browser?

Yes that's just what I'm doing. Do I have to be doing this from a remote ip address, i.e. not the same pc that xbmc is running on?
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Yes that's just what I'm doing. Do I have to be doing this from a remote ip address, i.e. not the same pc that xbmc is running on?

No. Should work from any computer that can reach the IP address.
Code:
Is XBMC on a Windows 7 machine? If so, do you have both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled? To use the 192.168.x.x, you must have IPv4 enabled on that machine.

Also make sure your Windows firewall is disabled or has an exception for XBMC.

If you are only using IPv6, open a command prompt and type hostname to get the name of your machine and use that in the address bar of your browser

If you have IPv4 enabled, open a command prompt and run ipconfig to find your local IP address... Going to WhatIsMyIP.com or a similar site does NOT give you your internal ip but it is your external Ip (the one your modem gets). The reason i point this out is because you have deliberately hidden the IP of your machine. Only reason to do this is because you would have a non-private ip. Can you confirm that the IP for your XBMC machine is 192.168.x.x? Or 10.x.x.x or even 172.16.x.x?

Also, if your port is set to anything but 80 in XBMC, the way to reach it in the browser is http://ipaddress:port/

That's all i can think of...
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Is XBMC on a Windows 7 machine? If so, do you have both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled? To use the 192.168.x.x, you must have IPv4 enabled on that machine.

Also make sure your Windows firewall is disabled or has an exception for XBMC.

If you are only using IPv6, open a command prompt and type hostname to get the name of your machine and use that in the address bar of your browser

If you have IPv4 enabled, open a command prompt and run ipconfig to find your local IP address... Going to WhatIsMyIP.com or a similar site does NOT give you your internal ip but it is your external Ip (the one your modem gets). The reason i point this out is because you have deliberately hidden the IP of your machine. Only reason to do this is because you would have a non-private ip. Can you confirm that the IP for your XBMC machine is 192.168.x.x? Or 10.x.x.x or even 172.16.x.x?

Also, if your port is set to anything but 80 in XBMC, the way to reach it in the browser is http://ipaddress:port/

That's all i can think of...
Thank you! I was using whatsmyip, when I ran ipconfig I got the correct ip and can now access the web interface. You're a legend!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with web interface0