Multiple DVDs - Shown as one DVD
Question 
Hi,

I have several DVD (VIDEO_TS folder structered, not .iso) movies with mutiple Discs.

Code:
Movies
|__Title
         |_DVD1
             |_VIDEO_TS
         |_DVD2
             |_VIDEO_TS
The .nfo files are the same but in my movie library each movie is shown as a single movie.

Or something like an "Alternate Ending". Two MKVs - Main Movie and and Alternate End.mkv (or something...)

Is it possible to merge them into ONE DVD?
I want to push the play-button with a dialog, which Disc I want to play.

Did I miss something?

Greets
Tom
I Am not sure how you have movies on multiple DVDs, but I would say you should try naming your movies with a CD1 and CD2 or part1 and part2. look that the library naming conventions. as for having it popup with a questions of which movie to start with I am not sure that is entirely possible.

so it would be something more like:

Code:
Movies
|__Title.DVD1
|         |_VIDEO_TS
|__Title.DVD2
           |_VIDEO_TS

Thanks,
SoBBie

PS. I usually just rip the movies and there alternate endings when I see something like this. Then I name the movie "Title" and the other "Title.Alt.End". Then I manually edit my nfo so that it has exactly what I want in it.
Thanks mate, I will give that a try.

Does anybody know if it's possible to have such a popup for chosing which Disc should be played?

Image Image
How about just using SET-tags?
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
vanOert Wrote:How about just using SET-tags?

Not really an option for me, cause set don't include things like informations, tags, perantal ratings and so on.
TomPiXX Wrote:Thanks mate, I will give that a try.

Does anybody know if it's possible to have such a popup for chosing which Disc should be played?

Image Image

Yes, that is possible. I am doing it myself too for The 10th Kingdom

I have it on 3 dvd's, but with the video_TS folder it didn't work.
I made 3 ISO files with Nero and named them:

The 10th Kingdom disc1.iso
The 10th Kingdom disc2.iso
The 10th Kingdom disc3.iso

They reside in the same folder and XBMC sees them as 1 movie. When i select the movie from XBMC it askes me to play disc 1, 2 or 3...
gollumscave Wrote:Yes, that is possible. I am doing it myself too for The 10th Kingdom

I have it on 3 dvd's, but with the video_TS folder it didn't work.
I made 3 ISO files with Nero and named them:

The 10th Kingdom disc1.iso
The 10th Kingdom disc2.iso
The 10th Kingdom disc3.iso

They reside in the same folder and XBMC sees them as 1 movie. When i select the movie from XBMC it askes me to play disc 1, 2 or 3...

ISO?... too bad... But ok.

Thanks for the hint.
Does it work for .mkv files, too?

I did not get this work.
I tried and tried but I never get a menu for choosing the disc / part.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple DVDs - Shown as one DVD0