[REQUEST]TheTVDB add IMDb rating
Hi guys,

I would like to advice a proposal:

Please add the possibility to choose the rating of the TV series. Now you can only use the thetvdb.com rating. I would like to use the imdb.com rating.

The xbmc standard movie scraper (TheMovieDB) does allow to choose between TMDb and IMDb.

Thanks
+1 for this. On an episode by episode basis for any show, TVDB has significantly less votes than IMDB. For older shows, like The Twilight Zone or Star Trek, most of the episodes have no votes, and thus no rating. IMDB has a much, much larger user base, it would be great to take advantage of their rating numbers.
+1. Imdb is much better. But I think the lack of imdb ids on tvdb might be a bigger problem, at least for episode ratings..
TheMovieDb stores the imdb id which we can use to grab the rating from imdb for a movie. There is no such unique identifier on tvdb so no chance for this.
I'm pretty sure tvdb also store the imdb id...
(2012-10-27, 19:21)takoi Wrote: I'm pretty sure tvdb also store the imdb id...

never seen it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-10-27, 19:53)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-10-27, 19:21)takoi Wrote: I'm pretty sure tvdb also store the imdb id...

never seen it

It's there in the xml, "IMDB_ID", one for the series and for each episode.
(2012-10-27, 19:04)olympia Wrote: TheMovieDb stores the imdb id which we can use to grab the rating from imdb for a movie. There is no such unique identifier on tvdb so no chance for this.

That is really too bad. Thanks for your answer.
well, I have to admit scudlee is right, it's there.
I think we didn't really realized it, because that field is not very frequently populated (I might be wrong with this again, but after a quick check that's what I saw).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST]TheTVDB add IMDb rating0