XBMC Android Remote - Developers Request
Thumbs Up 
The Android remote is excellent, and I have given it a 5-star rating already as it is.

I am using Linux Mint 10 and love the Android remote, but one thing that I cannot do (at least not yet) is power on XBMC with the Android remote. Would it be possible for a developer or someone with some uber programming skills to write a program that will reside in memory (like an icon that sits on the taskbar or something) so that whenever I press "Power On" it will turn on XBMC for me? I'd also like this program to be able to start XBMC on either Screen 0 or Screen 1, whichever is defined by the user, if possible. Thanks in advance!
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
The problem is that this kind of stuff isn't really XBMC related. All we do in the "power on" feature is send the WOL magic packet so the machine boots, but what exactly boots and how we can't really control.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:The problem is that this kind of stuff isn't really XBMC related. All we do in the "power on" feature is send the WOL magic packet so the machine boots, but what exactly boots and how we can't really control.
It would be nice if the user could choose how the power-on feature functions -- option 1 would be to send the WOL packet, option 2 would be to tell the residual program to start up XBMC.

It's just a suggestion, I thought I would ask. Smile
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Only that the "residual program" is not part of XBMC and there is not really a generic solution apart from launching a command via SSH...
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Android Remote - Developers Request0