Box that pops up in playback
I watch (and re-watch) a lot of videos with subtitles and, when I re-watch something, I skip past the boring parts (using arrow keys to jump ahead 30 sec). But when I do this, a box pops up and covers the subtitles:
This wouldn't be too much of a problem, except the box sticks around for a few seconds, during which I can't understand what's going on.

I've tried using other skins; in some the box is at the top, in others it's on the bottom. You might think, ah, well, just use one of the skins where the box is at the top; problem solved. But I don't like those skins. My favorite is Aeon65, which is the skin I had on when I took the above picture.

Now, my question is, is there a way to move that box? Or to hide it all together (it's not useful to me)?

If I need to change any of the coding in a file(s), please, please, please be very specific. I'm kind of new at all this.

EDIT: I figured it out. If others want to know how I did it:
Open this file: addons/skin.whatever/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
and delete Player.DisplayAfterSeek
tadamono Wrote:I watch (and re-watch) a lot of videos with subtitles and, when I re-watch something, I skip past the boring parts (using arrow keys to jump ahead 30 sec). But when I do this, a box pops up and covers the subtitles:
This wouldn't be too much of a problem, except the box sticks around for a few seconds, during which I can't understand what's going on.

I've tried using other skins; in some the box is at the top, in others it's on the bottom. You might think, ah, well, just use one of the skins where the box is at the top; problem solved. But I don't like those skins. My favorite is Aeon65, which is the skin I had on when I took the above picture.

Now, my question is, is there a way to move that box? Or to hide it all together (it's not useful to me)?

If I need to change any of the coding in a file(s), please, please, please be very specific. I'm kind of new at all this.

EDIT: I figured it out. If others want to know how I did it:
Open this file: addons/skin.whatever/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
and delete Player.DisplayAfterSeek

One potential option is to move the subtitles to the top of the screen instead of the bottom. you can do this by going in to the video calibration settings while either a video is playing through the OSD or via the settings->system->video->calibration option.

hope this helps...

Sean

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Box that pops up in playback0