Mouse no longer pauses playback
Hi all

I just updated to 10 (Windows 7 32bit) and everything is spot on...although I noticed that I can no longer pause the playback with a mouse click.

It's probably something really straightforward, but I use XBMC on a Dual Screen setup and it is handy to just refocus the app and pause at the same time instead of refocus and then hit space.

Thanks
This has been commented on at least 10 times. Using google to search as a first step would save you and I the effort next time around. Smile

Mouse pauses by hitting the pause button. Change was made as it's more convenient to touch-screen users to have click bring up the OSD (otherwise no way to bring it up without pausing).

Until the mouse is mappable, this is how it will remain.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fair enough - I did search the Support Forum to be fair.

Many thanks for the answer Smile
Actually this was one of the best "features" i had so its a shame to see it go away.
Could it not be a option in the settings like, click to pause? It seems very easy to implement and this is extremely useful for us non touch screen users (which by the way are the biggest group i would guess).

ps. i did search too and find just this post so sorry if there are more info out there.
Considering the number of folk running XBMC on iPad I think you're wrong Wink

The only solution I would accept would be a system allowing the mouse behaviour to be "keymapped".

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I actually will buy the iPad2 myself but i dare to say the number of people using computers are far far greater. After all it all started on XBOX (i think) and moved to computers before anything else.
I do love this feature since i will be running it myself later on iPad but i really dont understand why this could not work with a simple radio button option where you revert to the way it was?
You can surely capture the left button (windows message) and map it to pause.
I was a programmer awhile back and did this sort of things before i got to old for coding hehe

Anyway this is a simple proposal that i think many fans like myself miss from previous version. If you could bring it back we would really appreciate it.

Either way thanks for the awesome program and your hard work and the port to Apple devices.

By the way if you port it to AppleTV will the pause work with the remote or does it behave like windows? Asking since i suggested this solution to my brother who wanted a cheap media center solution Wink

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse no longer pauses playback0