Really Sluggish Bad Performance - New Install
I've installed xbmc and the performance is so sluggish, i think it might be my hardward, but wanted to check there weren't any quick tweeks of known errors causing this on a new install. I've installed it on two of my pcs and both get same symptoms.

Thanks Guys
Gonna need a little more info to go on. Please let us know what OS you are using, and... well, just read my signature and click the link on how to report a problem. If you happen to be using Windows, you might be better served clicking the windows problem link.
OK Granted ;-)

It's a Ubuntu 10.10 install running a Pentium 4 HT 3GHz processor, about 1 GB ram. I think it might be the graphics card at fault here unless you have any other pearls of wisdom for me.

If that;s the likely cause, can any one suggest a budget card for me to purcahse that#ll do the job?

Thanks
G
One cause of those symptoms is if the video driver does not accelerate OpenGL. I ran into this with an earlier version of Ubuntu that used the generic video driver for my NVIDIA 9400GT. The result was that XBMC ran like a dog even navigating the menus. Installing the proper NVIDIA driver fixed the problem immediately.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Really Sluggish Bad Performance - New Install0