Switch to secondary monitor XBMC
I have two monitors running on my pc. I would like to use my xbmc only on my secondary monitor(monitor#2) in full screen. However when i try to change it in settings>system>video> display mode; there is no effect. Alt+Enter changes it to full screen on my primary monitor(monitor #1) only. Any suggestions?
think u need 2 run in windowed mod and in settings set it to screen #2 fullscreen,, that shud work,,,,, if not win+shift+ L or R will work
f2prateek Wrote:I have two monitors running on my pc. I would like to use my xbmc only on my secondary monitor(monitor#2) in full screen. However when i try to change it in settings>system>video> display mode; there is no effect. Alt+Enter changes it to full screen on my primary monitor(monitor #1) only. Any suggestions?

Your 2nd monitor has to be active before you launch XBMC, then when you launch XBMC it will start in #1, then go to the Display mode and from there you should be able to change to #2.

After doing this XBMC will always start on monitor #2. but remember you need to have monitor #2 always active before you launch XBMC, otherwise it will keep reseting to Monitor #1.

If you start XBMC windowed or fullscreen in monitor #1 then you activate Monitor #2 it will just never work! XBMC won't detect Monitor #2.

It's like M#1 is always an open door if you try to go out from M#2 when its locked down you obviously can't, so you will look for another exit, Door#1

Cheers,
EG.
I'm not sure what you mean? Both my monitor are always on and connected to the PC, and windows has them in extended mode already before I start XBMC.
*make a link to xbmc.exe on your desktop.

*open the link and add in the target-line this ' SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2' (without the lines, note that there is a 'space' between the target-folder and this command)

*Now xbmc-should launch on your secondary monitor (after you changed the preferred setting in xbmc->settings--> system-->Fullscreen#2)

*You should tick 'Use Fullscreen-Window instead of True Fullscreen in the 'Systems'-Settings of XBMC.

*Now you can use both computer-screens without loosing the focus.

btw, if you have the UltraMon-Utility, you can autostart into two desktops, without the nvidia/ati-tools.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
OMG ! Thanks. i got a droid app to control XMBC, but couldn't get it to work on secondary.
Straight-forward guidance. in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44617 i couldn't get ultramon to show the tabs on my shortcuts X(

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch to secondary monitor XBMC0