ATV1 - BCM700015 - log?
Hello everyone,

I got everything up and running on my ATV1 finally after about a week using all kinds of guides and such on the forums. installed a BCM70015 chip and updated to the 174 drivers. installed xbmc dharma a few days ago and now i have nice 720/1080 support.

my question is as follows:
is there a log i can view to tell me if the BCM chip is what took over the decoding process when i launch a file? i want to make sure everything is working correctly. the reason i ask is because my CPU usage still hovers at around 50%.

i know i can

Code:
cat /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

but unless i'm reading it wrong i just see it loaded the file and started the video/audio threads.

i guess not so much the support on the hardware but to see if someone can help me look at logs and stuff. correctly read them and such.

thanks.
pixeldotz Wrote:Hello everyone,

I got everything up and running on my ATV1 finally after about a week using all kinds of guides and such on the forums. installed a BCM70015 chip and updated to the 174 drivers. installed xbmc dharma a few days ago and now i have nice 720/1080 support.

my question is as follows:
is there a log i can view to tell me if the BCM chip is what took over the decoding process when i launch a file? i want to make sure everything is working correctly. the reason i ask is because my CPU usage still hovers at around 50%.

i know i can
<code>
cat /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
</code>

but unless i'm reading it wrong i just see it loaded the file and started the video/audio threads.

i guess not so much the support on the hardware but to see if someone can help me look at logs and stuff. correctly read them and such.

thanks.

if you get 50 percent CPU playing 720/1080 video content, then crystalhd is handling the decode.
thanks for the response. i just wanted to make sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 - BCM700015 - log?0