Kai games option - i want to enhance need guidance
i am interested in enhancing the entry for the kaixlink integration to make it support multiple game dirs.

i figure it should probably not be that hard to make it take a comma seperated list of dirs and recurse them as it does for the 1 directory today.

the problem is that it is not consistant with the behavior of the rest of xbmc and the ability to add more than 1 directory for most things. it seems to only take 1 directory.

i've searched around in the code for anything kai-related, however i have not found "the spot" where this is currently handled.

if anyone has any guidance on this could they please let me know? i am new to contributing and would like to contribute this fix in the code...

thx!!!
have a look in guisettings.cpp. this is where all gui related settings reside. you can then easily find the one you need, which in this case is xlinkkai.gamesdir.

you can find where this setting is used by just searching through the source for "xlinkkai.gamesdir" which should give you most everything you need.

then just wrap the code that searches through that directory with a for loop that does it once for each string in the comma separated on that is stored. you can use the stringutils:Confusedplitstring() function to split comma separated stuff up easily. simple Smile

have fun!

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

cool! thanks!

i took a stab at it...would you be interested in checking it out? i don't want to blow anything up :verysad:

i could send you a patch.

else should i just submit it somewhere and others will check it out?

thanks again!
(scampa123 @ jan. 14 2005,05:22 Wrote:cool!  thanks!

i took a stab at it...would you be interested in checking it out?  i don't want to blow anything up  :verysad:

i could send you a patch.

else should i just submit it somewhere and others will check it out?  

thanks again!
best way is to sedn the patch to our sourceforge project page. this way any dev can look at it and check it in if it is ok. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
done. i posted the patch this morning...

anyone have any idea how long it usually takes before a patch gets reviewed and added to cvs??
well this can vary from a few hrs to weeks. but usualy you get a fast reply from a dev with a reason if it's not going into the cvs (i hope). Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kai games option - i want to enhance need guidance0