[LINUX] Sixaxis (PS3 controller) over USB howto?
Background info - running Dharma Live on Xubuntu 10.10.

So I've found a handful of guides on getting PS3 HIDs (Sixaxis and the Bluray remote) working via Bluetooth, but none for how to get it going on USB (I don't have a Bluetooth module for the system).

The OS has no problem recognizing the Sixaxis controller OOTB, and I've got it configured as a joypad for my emulators. Sweet.

However, I can't seem to make it work properly with XBMC. By running /usr/share/pyshared/xbmc/ps3_remote.py (or xbmc-ps3remote) and hitting start on the controller while the script is running I can get it to work, until XBMC gets restarted (or the box reboots) - then there's no go again. On top of it, the script keeps prompting me to put the controller in discovery mode until I SIGTERM/ctrl+C it - and XBMC displays on-screen errors.

As far as I can make out, the problem is that the controller isn't sending keypresses to XBMC because there's no eventclient running (until I run that script) - however, the script only wants to use Bluetooth. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell it "no, you don't need to pair with something, just run the eventclient for my USB controller".

Any help here would be great. If it's the only answer, so be it, but I'm trying to avoid manually modifying ps3_remote.py - I've only written one simple video plugin, I don't know Python that well Smile
/bump...nobody has any insight on this one? Is there really not existing support for a hardwired PS3 controller?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sixaxis (PS3 controller) over USB howto?0