[LIVE] Noob guide for automatic Torrent downloads?
meathane Wrote:i don't understand usenet, as in, why people use it. why would you pay to steal? it doesn't make sense.

I understand your confusion, but keep this in mind: Usenet is not just a way to obtain pirated content, it's a worldwide distributed internet discussion system. It's based on UUCP, which predates HTTP. It is, in itself, a form of the internet.

Not everyone who downloads content via Usenet pays an independent Usenet provider. Until a few years ago, all Comcast customers had access to the Usenet as part of their internet package. There are still U.S. providers that include Usenet access as part of their internet service.

So you're not "paying to steal" by purchasing Usenet access every month any more than you're "paying to steal" by paying for your internet service every month. Unless you're stealing your neighbor's WiFi connection you're already familiar with the concept.
meathane Wrote:i refuse to pay the wrong people. i don't understand usenet, as in, why people use it. why would you pay to steal? it doesn't make sense. if you're gonna steal, then steal.

No chance of ever getting sued, ever.
Speeds that max out your connection without touching your upload.

I used to use TV Shows on my Mac, then pytvshows, then Flexget, now finally SickBeard (which works AWESOME).

I'm pondering getting FlexGet to supplement IMDB with its auto grabbing functionality.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Quote:Pay the $25 and get a 180GB chunk of Astraweb.
This is by far the best way to go, along with a VIP NZBMatrix account.

I struggled for a long time to get Torrents working the way I wanted them to, but Usenet is just a far better way to go. Between SabNZB and SickBeard I get all the TV content that I could ever hope for, and usually within an hour or so of when it airs (it helps to be on the West coast for the last bit...)

Quote:No chance of ever getting sued, ever.
And that's another great reason. Torrents open you up to the one reason anyone has ever been sued over file sharing: you're taking part in the distribution of the content. That's not an issue with Usenet.
http://www.blocknews.net/ - I just found it. Cheaper than Astraweb, going to try it out for sped.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I use uTorrent as my client and ShowRSS . To download a show all I need to do is add it to my RSS feed created by ShowRSS.
I find the best approach is to get membership to a private HD tracker which tends to have only quality releases and speeds are good too. Private tracker plus Peerblock is enough to protect you.
Usenet is for the masses and you can find everything on there but be prepared for some corrupt file frustrations and viruses.
Neither solution is perfect.
(2012-03-19, 22:51)Liquidtouch Wrote: I use uTorrent as my client and ShowRSS . To download a show all I need to do is add it to my RSS feed created by ShowRSS.

I use this setup as well (except Transmission instead of uTorrent), and it works great for television series in my opinion.
The only drawback is that not every show I want is available through ShowRSS.

For movies I use CouchPotato (https://couchpota.to), which works quite well.

I'm trying to find something more robust for TV though, and I'm looking at FlexGet or SickBeard...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Noob guide for automatic Torrent downloads?0