• 2(current)
HP IR Receiver Options
bmcclure937 Wrote:Also, how is the response? I have read a couple negative reviews saying that the Harmony One had bad response times and other various issues. I took them with a grain of salt because I have heard hundreds of positive comments on them. And I love Logitech as a brand in general.

It just takes tweaking. People b*tch about Harmonies because they aren't "Apple Easy"- you have to add devices, tweak buttons, tweak responses. Be ready to spend like 2 hours the first time getting it setup, and even then bet on having to redo one thing or the other (I never get ti right first time).

But when you put in that effort, nothing is better.

Sounds sweet!! Does the main tweaking have to do with power on timings and delays for input switching?
bmcclure937 Wrote:Sounds sweet!! Does the main tweaking have to do with power on timings and delays for input switching?

Yeah, and button mappings.

For button mappings have you ever needed to "learn" the IR freqs from the manufacturer's remote for the device... or have you had good luck with the correct codes being used in the Harmony Software?

Are you just talking about arranging mappings to fit your needs?
bmcclure937 Wrote:For button mappings have you ever needed to "learn" the IR freqs from the manufacturer's remote for the device... or have you had good luck with the correct codes being used in the Harmony Software?

Only thing not in the database ever for me was one HDMI switch.

Quote:Are you just talking about arranging mappings to fit your needs?

Yeah.

poofyhairguy Wrote:I think in the future I am gonna have to specifically say to avoid that vendor. This is the second time I have heard that they sold an IR receiver that wasn't what was expected and it took work to configure. Its like its a knock-off of the real thing or something.

I bought another receiver from this vendor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...500wt_1156

And it was plug and play working with XBMC Dharma. Even got it working on regular Ubuntu with a few easy steps:

http://www.hackourlife.com/instal-xbmc-o...ucid-lynx/

No compiling needed. From now on I will say to avoid that one seller.

Got home and turned my IR receiver over. It is actually a OVU400102/71.

So, go ahead and add that model number to the list as needed a quick lirc edit and recompile.

Darn shady sellers Smile

I actually like mine, nice long usb cord and looks very high quality.
kaiser423 Wrote:It is actually a OVU400102/71.

There you go. Thanks for the feedback...

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Infrared-Receiv...245&sr=8-1

HP Infrared Receiver for HP Media Center 5188-1667

Any experiences with this one? does it work good with XBMC and Logitech harmony?
Tricky Wrote:http://www.amazon.com/HP-Infrared-Receiv...245&sr=8-1

HP Infrared Receiver for HP Media Center 5188-1667

Any experiences with this one? does it work good with XBMC and Logitech harmony?

That should be the preferred one. Under

Item model number: OVU400103/00, OVU400102/71

It lists two OVU's, which is odd. One is the very well supported one, and one is where I had to add a line to the lirc source to get it to work. Mine (the 102/71) is listed as a totally different part number than 5188-1667, so that one is probalby the legit one.
I got my OVU400103/00 ordered a couple days ago. Now I am just hoping it will be as easy and plug-n-go! Nod

And now I am waiting to snag a Harmony during a sale!
I bought this one from a seller in China. Took about three weeks to arrive, but it was cheap, and works flawlessly with my URC RF20. And because the remote has a RF base, I don't have to look at the ugly IR receiver. Wink
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
I got my HP IR receiver today Big Grin

I do not have a remote to test it yet. Is there any way I can ensure it is the correct USB IR receiver by looking at attached devices? I am running XBMC Live. Wink

My specific unit does not say OVU400103/00 but it is p/n 5188-1667. Is it supposed to have the OVU number marked on it some place? Just trying to ensure it is a genuine unit since I cannot test with a remote right now.

If it is a fake, then I want to return and buy another!

*UPDATE*:

I have run the following
Code:
lsusb
and received the following output for my IR receiver...
Code:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 03ee:2501 Mitsumi eHome Infrared Receiver

Can someone confirm this is the proper output for this model HP IR receiver?! Huh Thank You!
For my OVU400103/00 but it is p/n 5188-1667

I got
Code:
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver
Thanks! It looks like mine (and yours) is legitimate. They simply have different IDs (probably the internal chip manufacturer). I know the eHome series works with LIRC MCE2 drivers... and I have heard of Philips, Microsoft, and Mitsumi branded internals.

At least this is my theory. My Logitech Harmony One should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday and I plan to get things configured. Big Grin I am beyond excited!
Code:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 045e:006d Microsoft Corp. eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP IR Receiver Options0