Suttering problem when PC is left on for too long, perfect xbmc build
This might be a clunky workaround, but I set my PC to restart every night at a specific time (when everyone is sleeping) via task manager. That way when you want to watch you have a freshly restarted PC.
To workaround this issue I restart XBMC every day at 5:00 am with a scheduled task using the following batch file:

Code:
@echo off

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq XBMC.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "XBMC.exe" >NUL
if NOT "%ERRORLEVEL%" == "0" goto startxbmc
echo Stopping XBMC...
taskkill /IM xbmc.exe >NUL

:waitkill
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq XBMC.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "XBMC.exe" >NUL
if NOT "%ERRORLEVEL%" == "0" goto startxbmc
echo Waiting for XBMC termination...
ping -n 2 localhost >NUL
goto waitkill

:startxbmc
echo Starting XBMC...
cd /D "C:\Program Files\XBMC"
start XBMC.exe
Going to dig this thread up again because it's still happening for me and I'm assuming everyone else since there was no resolution listed. Tried upgrading to Windows 8 Pro x64 and it didn't make a difference.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Experience this on three seperate Windows 7 Boxes, one an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, an AMD A8-3670K, and an AMD E-350. It clears up if XBMC is shutdown and restarted. It actually seems to be a progressive issue, if I watch the 'actual' framerate being played back, the longer the machine is on, the greater the variation from the desired framerate of the file it displays.

Happened on both 11 and 12.
Confirmed just now that this does still happen with Frodo.

Windows 8 x64
Nvidia GTX 650ti
Intel Core i3.

Got home from work and started to watch an episode of a TV show. Micro-stutter was apparent. XBMC had been running for less than 24 hours. Closed XBMC and re-opened it and the stutter was gone.

I'm not sure how I can prove that this is happening to anyone since it probably wouldn't even be noticeable if I were to show a video of it.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Confirmed:

Same problem with Gotham release.

I think the problem started after version 10...not sure
XBMC Launcher may save those going to the lengths of creating a batch file to enter and exit XBMC on a daily basis. Once installed, the launcher can be configured to exit XBMC when the computer goes to sleep and automatically restart the program when returning from a sleep state.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798
RiseNShine: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176940

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suttering problem when PC is left on for too long, perfect xbmc build0