[REQUEST] CouchPotato / SickBeard full control script from within XBMC?
don't both apps just use a properly formatted url to initialize commands? Does that make sense?

Here's what I want:

On the submenu for the home "TV SHOWS" ----> Get more...
On the submenu for the home "MOVIES" ----> Get more...

When you hit get more a box comes up, enter the name of any show/movie. The plugin then passes this info to sickbeard/couchpotato and the show/movie gets added to the list.

Individual episode download and more advanced management can come later. But just this simple text-box entry is all I need and would make the whole process couch-able.

I think it sounds really simple. Is it as simple as I think?
Oh sweet jesus, please, someone who is capable--port these addons from plex.

Would be epic. You'd be a hero to many. It would be a final puzzle piece.
Yes, this would be a pretty awesome addon. The one remaining thing that wifey can't do on her own is get new content. And there's nothing more embarrassing than getting caught downloading Gossip Girl on the office wifi....

If she could open up xbmc and type in a movie/show name and let SB and CP do the rest, we would both be really happy.
Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?

Look at this trove, treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Looking around here, you'd think
Sure, she's got everything

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
I've got who's-its and what's-its galore
You want thing-a-mabobs?
I've got twenty
But who cares? No big deal. I want more

I wanna be where the plex people are.

Oh yes, I did.
branlr Wrote:Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?

Look at this trove, treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Looking around here, you'd think
Sure, she's got everything

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
I've got who's-its and what's-its galore
You want thing-a-mabobs?
I've got twenty
But who cares? No big deal. I want more

I wanna be where the plex people are.

Oh yes, I did.

HAHAHHHAHAH too funny.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Adding my name to the interested list.
robinprice Wrote:I notice that Plex (version 9 which I refuse to update to) seems to have plugins up and running. Wonder how they did it?

Sickbeard
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi..._sickbeard

Couchpotato
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ouchpotato

call me stupid... but isn't the bulk of the work done by these plex addons?? will check it out tonight ut if anyone gets there first, shout Smile
gobbledigook Wrote:call me stupid... but isn't the bulk of the work done by these plex addons?? will check it out tonight ut if anyone gets there first, shout Smile

Bless your little heart if you have any success with those. You'd make a lot of people happy.
gobbledigook Wrote:call me stupid... but isn't the bulk of the work done by these plex addons?? will check it out tonight ut if anyone gets there first, shout Smile

man you would be my hero if you get this working Big Grin
bump
I dont think there is any need for bumbing. The plex add-on is written in python and are available. I guess the next step is to check if there is any issues with python version.

There is already a xbmc add-on have you checked what it can do compare to what you need?
Could be nice but it's kinda annoying how it's all put together. You got (most ppl do) sabnzbd which downloads then sickbeard for tv shows, couchpotato for movies. 3 pieces of software which i belive should be one. Sabnzbd should support torrents aswell and sickbeard+couchpotato needs to be better with torrents.
Quote:call me stupid... but isn't the bulk of the work done by these plex addons?? will check it out tonight ut if anyone gets there first, shout

I reviewed the plex plugin source yesterday. He is scraping the webpage, no api or anything like that. He is also using plex modules to handle the http calls etc. I am not sure but I think in xbmc we use standard python to scrap a webpage. Probably quickly done by one of the guys that are good with that, not something I will do in a few hours.
I'm not certain if anyone has mentioned this anywhere else but it looks like this may have been started at https://github.com/jscott1989/xbmc-sickbeard

at least it is a great starting point for someone else to take off from, as the developer hasn't updated it since April 12 and sickbeard has been changing a great deal but it seems to work for the most part...
Quote:I'm not certain if anyone has mentioned this anywhere else but it looks like this may have been started at https://github.com/jscott1989/xbmc-sickbeard

Hm, It is not really a GUI but the code looks much much more simple.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] CouchPotato / SickBeard full control script from within XBMC?0