Blu-ray ISO image (UDF 2.5/2.6) playback support in XBMC - help discussion thread
Yay BD iso playback is what I have been waiting for Smile. I tried out a bunch of blu-ray isos, and most play without problems. However I have noticed that discs that have a lot of extra content, XBMC plays the extras rather than the main feature. So I guess it just selects the longest feature to playback?
I loaded the 3/7/2011 build last night and my bluray ISOs mostly play fine with the exception of Iron Man 2. That movie gets constant audio and video buffer underruns. This is across a gigabit network. Movie plays fine in TMT5 and also on the Boxee Box I have. Though on Boxee it plays with the extras turned on.

But it's an awsome feature, one step away from dumping TMT, only need it for bluray disc in tray playback now.
^ Yea it's a big step for XBMC in the right direction, it would be able to replace my needs for any other software on my HTPC if it had:

- External subtitle support with ISO's
- Feature selection
- Media info scanning support on ISO's
Is the Mario Sitz ppa still the best place to get the ISO support (for Live) or is there someplace better? I upgraded to 10.1 and lost this feature Sad
I should also probably add that I had to turn of Microsoft's stupid multimedia throttling to get bluray streaming to work across my network. It would only stream 1.5Mbps in TMT5, XBMC, and PowerDVD until I turned it off, causing unbearable stuttering....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948066
Has anyone tested this on ATV v1, iOS or OS X builds? It *should* work, but I'd like to confirm it before revising my initial post.

To the devs, is there any room for improvement here? Will we be able to eventually select from a list of titles so we can pick a theatrical or extended cut of a movie? It appears it automatically picks the longest title and plays that, which isn't always the movie.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Wow this actually works.

Ps.. External subs are working for me.
Only I could use the feature to reposition the subs out of the black bars..

Next HD audio and I won't need an external player anymore.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Is there any way to get the a 3D iso to play in 3D, works fine if mounted and played via PowerDVD. I can only get them to play in normal 2D. Sorry if I am missing something obvious or if 3D playback is not supported.

Thanks!
Hey guys,

I don't get it to work. Compiled opdenkamps xbmc-git with libbluray enabled. When I mount the bluray-iso manual than I can see the main feature. I have got the following problems.
  • bluray-iso-automount doesn't work (dvd-iso-automount is ok)
  • when I mount an iso manual I can see subtitles, but not synchron. I think, they are shown very fast or only sometimes.
  • can't fastforward/rewind to chapters

I compiled libbluray before xbmc from videolan-git with the following options enabled: "./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bdjava"

Where is the problem? Do I need some special package to automount bluray-iso?

Is it possible to use iso-automount with the git from opdenkamp or only with the ppa from mario sitz? I use the following system:

ubuntu 11.04 x86_64,
xbmc pre11.0 opdenkamp-git:20110728,
etobis vdr-1.7.18-2, vnsi 0.9.0

Greetings
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I used AnyDVD HD to rip MY Dark Knight BR disc to an ISO. XBMC Finds it, and puts it in the movie list. But when i try to play it, nothing happens. At all. I hit Play, and the menu image doesn't budge, as if no button was pressed.

I was hoping that at least THAT movie would play, as evidenced in the first post of this thread. Using MPC-HC externally does nothing, either Sad I guess I'm stuck with ripping my BRs to .mkv, for now.

Win 7 x464, XBMC 10.1.
argh! Wrote:I used AnyDVD HD to rip MY Dark Knight BR disc to an ISO. XBMC Finds it, and puts it in the movie list. But when i try to play it, nothing happens. At all. I hit Play, and the menu image doesn't budge, as if no button was pressed.

I was hoping that at least THAT movie would play, as evidenced in the first post of this thread. Using MPC-HC externally does nothing, either Sad I guess I'm stuck with ripping my BRs to .mkv, for now.

Win 7 x464, XBMC 10.1.

if you want to playback bd (iso/m2ts/mkv) with hd audio, you can do these:

1. install the latest video card control center- Ati Graphics Drivers & Software or NVIDIA Driver Downloads
a. in control center, adjust hdtv resolution to fill in the entire hdtv screen.
b. if there is an option in control center- go to video settings>video playback>set it to enforce smooth video playback.
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
4. download- darma 10.1
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. it'll playback everything without external player.
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings. it'll still playback all standard audio too.
7. do these in xbmc to properly configure video settings:
a. system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display)
b. system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in control center).
8. to add bd (iso/m2ts/mkv/avi/etc) files in xbmc, do these:
a. video>files>add videos source> enter the correct video source path (C:\Users\Dell\Desktop\Blu-Ray)

now it is time to enjoy your new htpc in full 1080P with HD audio!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
argh! Wrote:Win 7 x464, XBMC 10.1.
You need to be using a nightly build of XBMC, you're using 10.1 Dharma.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
So I did a copy of my Dharma 10.1 MySQL DB into a new version so I can play with Nightly builds last night. I was able to test out a Blu-Ray rip of a movie without issues (Matrix). However I noticed a smaller annoyance with utilizing this new system. In the past I would use something like ClownBD and extra the longest playlist into a .m2ts file. This has worked fine minus the HD-Audio codecs (Coming soon, can't wait). This allowed me to pause the video in the Den and then migrate upstairs to the bedroom to finish a movie where we left off. However utilizing the new .ISO feature for blu-ray discs seems to have lost this option. Is this even possible or am I asking for to much?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
pyrodex Wrote:In the past I would use something like ClownBD and extra the longest playlist into a .m2ts file. This has worked fine minus the HD-Audio codecs (Coming soon, can't wait). This allowed me to pause the video in the Den and then migrate upstairs to the bedroom to finish a movie where we left off. However utilizing the new .ISO feature for blu-ray discs seems to have lost this option. Is this even possible or am I asking for to much?
if you want to natively playback bd m2ts/mkv/iso files with hd audio, you can use my guides here- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd. it works flawless on all 4 htpc's that i built and others have great sucess with it too.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:if you want to natively playback bd m2ts/mkv/iso files with hd audio, you can use my guides here- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd. it works flawless on all 4 htpc's that i built and others have great sucess with it too.

It's not about the HD Audio at this point, its a question of lost of functionality. Was there ever an intention to allow users who utilize the .ISO playback method to be able to recover from last played point much like they can today with standalone file method.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray ISO image (UDF 2.5/2.6) playback support in XBMC - help discussion thread0