Wierd soundmap?
Question 
Today I installed the new graphics driver for my Asrock ION 330 (ver 266.58) and I think it also installs a new sound driver (ver 1.1.13.1). For the first time since I got my Asrock the channelmapping is correct in Windows when I choose 7.1. Now to my problem:

Every time I start XBMC the channelmappning gets changed as long as XBMC is running. It doesnt seem to matter how I configure the XBMC settings. Sure It works ok if I set it to 5.1 and enable AC3 and DTS capable reciver but I was hoping to be able to always be able to output the sound as 7.1 multichannel. Is there any way to fix this or is it a software limitation?

And while I'm at it I just want to praise the XBMC team for their awesome work. Best free software in the world and best media center software there is! Thanks a lot Big Grin
Have you tried changing your "output device " in your system settings?
Play around with those settings. Choose the WASAPI or DirectSound options or go for default, just try them all and see which one works for you.

Let me know if it works please...
Yeah. I've tried all options on the output device. All with the same result. Most of the time I end up having the speech coming from the rear speakers.
Strange indeed but I think it's the driver...
Like you said, for the first time you have 7.1 correctly under windows since the new driver. But on XBMC it was working fine. Now you have a new driver that most likely pulls a trick out of its hat and re-maps your speaker channels so that it works in windows, except now XBMC is fucked up....

If you use it as a dedicated XBMC machine just downgrade your driver again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wierd soundmap?0