Where are libsmb sources
hello

i have an issue with smb when the server is not using unicode. in my case, this is a linux based device with samba 2.x. (linksys nslu2).

non english accentuated character (éàèâêî...) are not recogized. but the linux device is working perfectly with a xp computer client.

i can't switch the device to samba 3.x.

the same issue has been reported by many linux user.

therefore i want to check in the code. i downloaded & compiled xbmc. but the smb is mainly managed in an external lib (libsmb.lib).

i would like to know where are the libsmb source code, and how to compile it.

and as a side request, how do you ask for a date specific release to cvs, yesterday released seems to be quite unreliable.

thanks
gabriel
i don't know if the one included with xbmc has been modified or ported from the original but the cvs can be found here http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/samb...ce/libsmb/
(gabvey @ jan. 14 2005,14:00 Wrote:i would like to know where are the libsmb source code, and how to compile it.
take a look at the docs folder, theres a file called libsamba.rar, its a vc project.

greets

bobbin007
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Up 
(bobbin007 @ jan. 14 2005,14:03 Wrote:take a look at the docs folder, theres a file called libsamba.rar, its a vc project.
oops i miss that!
thanks !
if i acheive anything, i'll report here.

gab
hi,

i got the same problem on my linksys and i've almpost solve it using an xbms serve, ccxstream, on the linksys device.
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/unslung/ccxstream

but it's not the perfect way to do it. xbmc is now able to parse all the directories with accentuated caracters (it was rising an error before). but accentuated caracters are not displayed, they are replaced by weird caracters.

hope you'll be able to fix the samba code in xbmc.

good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are libsmb sources0