Could not download information: Cannot connect to remote server
Why am I getting this error when updating the library?

If I simply use google chrome I can access themoviedb and TVDB with no issues.

Thanks for your help.
The debug log may tell you more. Ensure you don't have any http proxy setup etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the input. I'll get the log tomorrow and post it here, it will probably tell you more than it will me!

I know I don't have any proxy settings, and I have another XBMC machine on the same network that works fine.
Tyler, I've seen more users having problems with TVDB and TheMovieDB as well. In fact, I ran into problems myself...
What solved the problem for me is shutting down uTorrent or other p2p programs that were running in the background. Those programs eat up a large number of connections that your router or modem might have a problem with processing. Linksys is known to suck at this point. If you change your scraper to IMDB most likely the problem is solved. Shutting down your uTorrent client for a while can also fix the problem. I think the underlying cause of this problem is a timeout that occurs with the tvdb scraper. I haven't had the time to dive into that, perhaps you can try and communicate this to the developer there, or browse the forum thread about the scraper?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not download information: Cannot connect to remote server0