• 6(current)
[AppleTV2] ATV2 get's XBMC
wmrrock Wrote:This is what I get when I try to add commands after root:

Apple-TV:~ root# $ echo "deb http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2 ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
-sh: $: command not found
Apple-TV:~ root#

command not found.

I dont think you should be pasting the '$' just everything after it from each line and that should get you going.
davilla Wrote:know issues and on the TODO list

Great! Thanks for the reply. This is amazing stuff!
automated Wrote:I've got a couple of questions ...

2. Will it do automatic refresh rate changing (24/50/60)?

3. Can I use another remote with it instead of the ATV2 remote (Harmony One, set as an MCE remote etc)?

+1 Can anyone answer these questions?
minel Wrote:well I'm returning the Apple TV and getting a boxee box... at least that played my 720p 60fps movies fine... this struggles

My ATV2 has no problems at all with that. The Boxee Box is interesting. It is not without issues and is, of course $200, and has a fan which is hardly silent. Local and internet content is intertwined as you know. It's a different device really. To each his own. My own preference has always been XBMC and Plex over the Boxee branch of xbmc.

philip
I am not seeing any buffering issue on 1080P and 720P content. Working great for a first release. I am pleased!
Looks great guys! Out to buy one tomorrow morning!
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
What software version will i get if I buy a atv2 today. Are the ones in store updated to the latest software yet?
lbbeurmann Wrote:Are you able to sync libraries between multiple units?

This would be awesome, I would like to know as well.
HDClown Wrote:Even if you get an ATV with 4.3.1, the tethered jailbreak is no big deal on the ATV2. The device never actually reboots, and never shuts off, it only goes to sleep, and that doesn't require you to tether to the computer to boot for the jailbreak when it comes out of sleep. Plug it into a battery backup and you are good. Only time you'd ever need to re-tether is if your UPS dies or you install some apps that might require a reboot, or it gets wonky with ram/cpu use.

Use Seas0nPass to jailbreak, easy and works great.

There are plenty of people having problems with Seas0nPass. My ATV2 would never enter DFU mode with their instructions and I ended up using pwnagetool to jailbreak it. For a tethered boot I had to have the power unplugged to enter DFU mode ( which is not the way seasonpass instructs you). No doubt it works for many, if not most, people but I don't trust it at this point.

I had been playing with the Plex client on my ATV2 and quickly installed XBMC when I read about things. Unfortunately this left me with a blank screen and I had to restore my ATV2 to its original state (4.2.1). Will try again once 4.3 is released.

philip
Btw I guess we need a subforum for iOS. Or there will be a lot of confusion regarding atv vs atv2.
Jaken Wrote:What software version will i get if I buy a atv2 today. Are the ones in store updated to the latest software yet?

I got one in Canada today and had the latest version... 4.1.1 (4.2.1) so tethered JB... but i'm returning it tomorrow...... am having too many issues on a network that has other media streamers working great. It's too much of a hassle... I'll stick with Boxee Box... the interface is horrible but it plays any local content with almost no issues.... especially no buffering... atv seems to be doing it every 30 seconds
Jaken Wrote:Btw I guess we need a subforum for iOS. Or there will be a lot of confusion regarding atv vs atv2.
There is a Mac and AppleTV Section.
But you're right, a further seperation could be helpful.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
I just installed xbmc to my atv2 and the 2 problems i have are:

1. Audio: I can't get DTS nor DD5.1 to work through the hdmi/optical
2. Subtitles: My mkv movies play random subtitles and I can't find a way to set the default language in xbmc.
I think a clarification should be put on the homepage article, regarding 1080p output being impossible. I fear a lot of people could be unhappy about that if they discover it only after having spent their money.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
bkim Wrote:I just installed xbmc to my atv2 and the 2 problems i have are:

1. Audio: I can't get DTS nor DD5.1 to work through the hdmi/optical
2. Subtitles: My mkv movies play random subtitles and I can't find a way to set the default language in xbmc.

Regarding point 1, does it output stereo only then?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 get's XBMC0